Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 12-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
chans formers
raff ow roud
foc powermaster optimus prime

basically, i went back and revisited the foc heavy arms prime armor set after completing the nemesis and bomber version.the new changes are upgraded shoulders with twin cannons per,upgraded chest armor more in a g1-ish style,upgraded crotch piece,more blocky now instead of the rounded 1st version.he also now sports a removable bigger helmet to make his tiny head more match the rest of his upgraded body,again,done to try to invoke more of a g1-ish feel.he also has two modified foc prime cannons.
g1 prime's cab headlights were fused to his vents on his front,and some odds and sods were added to his elbows to try to combat some of his biceps areas "skinnyness".
this time around,thanks to rare earth magnets and tiny fender washers,all of his armor chunks except for his head can either attach to him in alt mode or become a trailer.his head fits into a cavity on top of the trailer.the trailer attaches to him in alt mode with magnets hidden and molded into the backs of his knee caps,which end up where his fifth wheel should be.the washers are located inside of the bottom of each 4 rocket pod.
he received a full new paint job,the silvers and blues and reds being tamiya acrylics.
i still want to go back and slightly battle damage him,along with some panel lining.i just wanted to show him before he gets "dirtied' up.

what the first version looked like

with a stock foc prime.

with the nemesis version

Last edited by chans formers; 12-15-2012 at 02:58 PM.
chans formers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: foc powermaster optimus prime

because of the extensive amount of hot glue that fills almost every empty cavity and the magnets and washers,when he's all combined he weighs quite a bit,slightly more than a stock voyager fig.
his chest armor/front cab armor is comprised of hftd hailstorm's chest,a butchered hotwheels engine for the powermaster,k/o bendy prime forearm halves and some styrene.

with a stock foc prime

armored alt mode cab

just the trailer

Last edited by chans formers; 12-15-2012 at 03:04 PM.
chans formers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..
Re: foc powermaster optimus prime

Absolutely amazing, Chans...it's so crisp and aesthetics match so well. I was giddy scrolling down to see the alt mode!!!
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foc powermaster prime