Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
The GMfan Adventures @ TFcon 2010

It's that time again...everyone's bestest and disgruntled moderator gives you his TFcon report for each hour in the mind of the mad mad himself...MUAHAHHAA....fuck I'm tired...I swear after I finish typing this I'm going to nap...

Obviously I'm going to keep out the minuscule stories and stick my hour by hour coverage. People enjoy this right? Right?....

Friday
9am-12pm - Wake up to find I now have to make close to 200 badges before registration opens at 6pm....wonderful day starter...oh right....still haven't packed for the weekend
12-5pm - Get to hotel...first hung out with fangirls, then staff and old friends started to pour in...let the good times roll...
5-6pm - Staff meeting showing the rest of the crew how thing were gonna work this year, followed by registration set up, and rushing like a mad man to find people to assemble our weekend pass lanyards and Nightbird comics
6-8pm - Overlook dealer set up, more registration and Friday night events
8-9pm - Got me a Harvey's burger with Stef across the street, Mark Ryan arrives and we show him the ropes
9-10pm - Derrick J Wyatt in the hiz-ouse...we wander about the convention floor
10pm-12am - Relax time...nothing like chilling with old friends from cons past

Saturday
12-2am - More chilling...eventually got organized for the next day in our hotel room
2-7am - Sleep....zzzz...... (yay 5 hours, practically more then I got all of last years show!)
7-8am - Overlook dealer setup...must get coffee...
8-9am - Manage staff and volunteers before the day begins...also snuck in dealer room and bought what I wanted quickly
9-10am - Wandering around everywhere making sure things were good to go in panel rooms and guest were awake and where they were supposed to be
10-11am - Got Derrick to panel room...went back to convention center after...took a quick break in staff room since the coffee wasn't working...
11am-12pm - Got Mark Ryan to panel room and David Kaye arrives. I take him around the convention and talk with him and Derrick for a bit befoooore.....
12-1pm - Took David to panel room...actually sat down for most of this one as I coulda used a break and to intervene, in case of fangirl attack
1-3pm - Got David and Derrick to their autograph session...took off a little before 3 to get Daniel and my panel ready
3-4pm - Hosted "Pairings in TF Fiction" panel with "Protoman" Daniel....went surprisingly well! Good lols all round.
4-6pm - Got the live script reading on the go after David's interview with our own staff member Evan
6-8pm - Cybertron.ca photo shoot, pizza dinner, and over looked day one dealer room tear down and day two set up
8-10pm - Enjoyed the faction feud with Daniel...we'd rocked it...but then again we wrote many of the questions...
10-11pm - Rush home and got Custom class figures
11-12am - BRB@BAR

Sunday
12-3:30am - BRB STILL@BAR
3:30-8:45am - Sleep....oh piss....dealer room opens in 15 mins...should probably go downstairs....(~5 hours of sleep)
8:45-10am - Bolt downstairs and make sure things are on the go. Eventually got a gap for a quick breakfast
10-11am - Overlook customs class...quickly realize...
11-11:30am - Rush home AGAIN as some of the custom class figures reserved were used as door prizes and needed more.....mmmmrrrrmmmm
11:30am-12pm - Found David Kaye and Eric Bauza for their panel
12-1pm - Watch the panel a little, bolted of to perform more managing duties...
1-2pm - Got Derrick, Eric, and David over to the autograph area and watched over that whilst doing multiple other things.
2-3pm - Throbbing headache, go back to room and crash for a bit...mostly played with leader ROTF Starscream
3-4pm - Interviewed David Kaye for Canadian Slag and walked around the dealer room with him before it closed and him leaving
4-5pm -....son of a bitch...people showed up to the organizers panel! There goes our record of it never happening....but went pretty dern well!
5-7pm - Cleaned up our stuff, taking things to car/room, staff photo
7-8:30pm - Staff dinner at Milestones...Derrick tagged along too!
8:30-9pm - Got cigar for post TFcon celebrations and recording equipment for CDN Slag recording
9pm-12am - BACK@BAR, live Canadian Slag recording with appearances by Derrick, Mark, a southern dandy, and a black guy.

Monday
12-3:30am - STILL@BAR, eventually move to the lobby after it closes
3:30-4:30am - Back in room...more drinking....
4:30-8:30am - Sleep (.....fudge...only 4 hours?)
8:30-11am - Pack up car, check out, wait in lobby for Derrick and Mindy before taking off but more last minute talks with old friends is always welcome...
11am-1pm - Made up for this blunder from last year, I took Derrick out for a Mongolian lunch before taking him to the airport so he can return home
1-6pm - Relax...WfC....reading the boards....things are getting back to the norm....

And there you have it...and this time I got 14 hours of sleep so it's a new record!

Honestly though as much as I'll bitch about how much I ran around I know that's all in the job, and this was definitely the best TFcon and easiest ran ever....reading all the positive feedback on these boards, seeing pictures of the good times....it's overwhelming...

Myself and the staff...we do this show for you guys and your appreciation and gratitude is absolutely amazing and believe me...we're reading it and just speechless with the amount of positive stories and wonderful times our attendees had and lemme tell ya...it really puts things in perspective...you're the fuel that makes this all worthwhile for all of us doing this.

Special thanks time! To the TFcon staff, Gord, Duncan, Daniel, Mike, Meesum, Beechy, Ryan, Grey, CJ, Shan, Sonny, Evan, Phil, Cat, Michelle, Stef, and Jon! These people went above and beyond yet again.

A thanks to our AV man Paul who without him we couldn't do ANY of the awesome visual displays we did.

All our volunteers....you guys were spectacular and really made our jobs easier! Big thanks!

Our guests...David Kaye, Derrick Wyatt, Mark Ryan, Eric Bauza, Alex Milne, Marvin Mariano, Dan Khanna, and Matt Moylan...amazing people, all of them....

Again to Stormy and Phalanx for the pizza party

A little shout to all the guys from the bar, my drinking buddies chans_formers, CobraCommander, FreedomGundam, Guber, Bryce, UltraPrimal, Nemesis Predaking, plowking, Cliffjumper69, Micca, Wendel, Mumps, Aaron, Chris Ho my petal, Mindy and all the people I'm sure I'm forgetting....I'm sorry there was booze involved!

And...yes...once more...I'll finish with a round of applause to the man who makes this possible, Colin and his amazing supportive wife Lise who without them and their amazing family, there would be no TFcon....

It was a blast...look forward to next years folks...TFcon 2011 will be our tenth anniversary and if we're gonna out do what we had this year...it's gonna be BIG!

Cheers all! That one was for you!

2010 Haul:

Pictured:
ROTF Leader Starscream
BM Nightviper
2 sets of Universe Spychanger 2 packs (1 set from UltraPrimal, 1 from Aaron...I'm not used to getting gifts tear...one set will be opened :P)
Botcon Tigatron (my love goes to the Meema leader for this)
TFcon 2006 Flamethrower (how could I not have one!?)
HA Mudflap
Autographed BB helmet by Mark Ryan
Cyberton Adventures...its a totally different game apparently...
Magnus plushie (from Dark Rage...I wore it near my crotch the whole weekend)
Myclone Ultra Magnus (been REEEALLY wanting him...so adorable)
Animated Ultra Magnus sketch by Derrick J Wyatt (so. fucking. beautiful...can't believe he used crayon to colour him and it's stunning)

Not Pictured:
Night-bird
Custom class Flash (should probably make it first...)
Autographed Allspark Almanac's by Derrick J Wyatt, and Beast Wars Sourcebook by David Kaye

4 new pieces to the Magnus collection...I can has a happy...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 07-20-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Haul added
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
damani_d
Generation 2
Re: The GMfan Adventures @ TFcon 2010

Thank you and to everyone who put on the show...you guys did an amazing job..friendly atmosphere, great show price to enter...amazing utilization of the different hotel rooms...dealer room was amazing and brought me back to my childhood...

First time attending and will be back that is for sure....
damani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

You really are a mad man,running around and whatnot.Oh well,nice seeing you again...and,I apologize for almost strangling earlier for showing you my affection of giving me one of the greatest Con experiences ever...oh,and,I do hope that you're going to...you know...do something that I gave you not too long ago.

Oh,and I would like to thank you and the entire staff for the amazing turnout this year.Lots of awesome memories to think back during the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

You are a machine man! I didn't realize a big anniversary was coming up next year... even more reason to show up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
2-3pm - Throbbing headache, go back to room and crash for a bit...mostly played with leader ROTF Starscream
You named it?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

the bar sure was fun lol, great to see you again chris

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

I promise to bring you a coffee on Sunday next year

Thanks again for helping to put on such a great convention!

I think I'll have to stay the Saturday night simply to take place in the post-convention drinking!

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 07-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

You guys did an awesome job, like a well oiled machine. This show had MASTERPIECE written all over it.

Much thanks goes out to you the staff and the guests!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

Had a blast like the last few years

the best part for me was seeing all my buddies from the boards and finally putting faces to some of them meeting for the first time. wish i coulda stayed later though i did lol. almost got killed a few times but you all are worth it right? right??

cant wait till next year and make some room for me chris, if all goes well i want to volunteer some of my time to help out. being that everyone thought that i worked there on the sunday anyhow cause i was wearing a red shirt lol. that was amusing.

fantastic job from all *cough* except impossible toys *cough* lol

and duncan being a douche but he knows why.. *shakes fist* you owe me. lol and if i see you your going to get run over by an ambulance MWAHAHAHA!! will be all anyone hears over the P.A. as i drive away

awesome customizing class. but next year lets get some screw drivers that dont turn in their shafts. lol and lets get some cutting etc. custom custom. love it. need to learn more each time.

Thank you soo much to all the staff and volunteers that made it all possible you guys always go far beyond anyone can expect and we all love you guys for it.

I can't wait till next year, the countdown begins and hopefully i can help next time. and be there for the whole weekend without getting divorced lol.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #9
Stormrave
Machine War

Another great time, after we sleep for a few weeks I'll start getting ready for next year!
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
kakit
Machine War

You sir are a tank.

Bad Seller: X-Warlock
kakit is offline   Reply With Quote