Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Project X: New Collector Platform Looking For Beta Testers

Hey all,

My names is James Chillcott/Faust X.

Some of you may know me simply as one of the more prolific collectors on the site. I've been collecting Transformers, GIJOE, Star Wars, Vinyl, 3A, etc for about 5 years now, and am proud to say that my collection now fills most of 2 rooms in my place. You may have bought some extras from me or seen me at a toy show in Southern Ontario.

But what many of you likely don't know is that I'm also the Senior Partner at the web agency Advoca (www.advoca.com) and that my team has been working hard on building a highly innovative collecting platform for most of this year to get us all free of the flawed and expensive Ebay paradigm once and for all.

That project, code named Project X for now, is in full-throttle development at present and we are aiming for an early Q4 2011 launch (we originally launched curator functionality in March, but we've added tons of functionality to the mix so coding is taking a long, long time).

We're now at the point where we need a test community to help explore the potential of the platform, to help us identify logic and usability issues, and to get in on the ground floor of the site in a way that will lead to major benefits for each of the beta testers moving forward.

Without your signature on an NDA, I can't say much more except that getting involved will probably require 3-10 hrs of your time per week for about 2 weeks. You will have full control over your level of commitment and the more time you put in the more you will get out of it in real $$$ terms.

If this is sounding cryptic, no worries.

If you want to learn more or get involved, please RSVP in this thread and send me your full contact info including name, phone and address to jameschillcott@gmail.com so that we can prep your NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

We are especially interested in talking to the admins and super-admins of this site and the most experienced collectors as their encyclopedic knowledge of bots will be highly valuable in the roles in which our beta testers will be cast.

Note: If you are bad at keeping secrets you will want to steer clear of this....everyone in attendance will be contractually obligated to secrecy for at least 6 weeks. This is not a media session and you will NOT be able to post details to the 'Net afterward.

Looking forward to a great launch in the near future.

James Chillcott
Faust X
Project Lead - Project X

Last edited by faustx; 09-12-2011 at 10:18 PM.
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: Project X: New Collector Platform Looking For Beta Testers

So we've got about 5 people confirmed at this point, but we can accept up to 10...anyone else available?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

So would this involve buy-sell-trade, or is this just some method to showcase and document collections and denote value? I know that things change from beta stage to release stage, but I'm a bit clouded on the purpose and function of a "collection platform". I have a smaller collection, but would like to get involved since it has piqued my interest as far as documenting my collection goes.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Imagine the ultimate combination of collection tools and an online marketplace and you're getting warmer...we're set for Sunday night with about the right # of people...any stragglers want in?

I should note that some out of towners have been in touch and are making special arrangements to get briefed from afar...feel free to get in touch if you want to get into that 2nd wave...

James
Old 11-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

looking forward to it. ill see you sunday James

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

My phone is 416-988-0504/416-423-9265 and the buzz code is 532 for people coming by.

James
Old 11-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #7
kakit
Machine War

Darn I'm stuck out of town until exams are over. Anyway to beta test remotely?

Bad Seller: X-Warlock
kakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

kakit....yep, get in touch with me to book something via PM...start with your full name, address, email and phone number for your nda...thanks
Old 11-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I sent a message to your page, faust. fire me an email and i'll reply with my details.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #10
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Hey all,

So the first session at my place went very well Sunday. So now we're moving on to recruiting some out of towners to join in on the beta testing action. To get this rolling we're going to do a webinar with the people who have signed up to be involved. Here are the details:

• What: Project X Information Session
  • When: Sunday, December 2nd, 8pm EST
  • Where: 95 Thorncliffe Park Drive, Suite 3710 (Near Don Mills/Eglinton)
  • Who: Collectors interested in beta testing a new web-based collecting platform
If you want to attend, but haven't talked to me about it yet please RSVP in this thread and send me your full contact info including name, phone and address to jchillcott@hotmail.com so that we can prep your NDA (non-disclosure agreement). Since this is happening remotely we'll need you to fax/mail in your signed NDA beforehand to be included.

Webinar access info will be sent to your email a day or two before the event. (Please note that you will NOT be able to share this webinar with anyone not under NDA and plan to be in a private space with your computer accordingly...thanks!)

p.s. If you are local to the GTA and still want to get involved, get in touch too...still a few slots left for that.

James