Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-09-2020, 06:24 PM   #21
Solauren
Generation 1
Re: Toys Toys Toys Files for Bankruptcy

I've picked up the odd thing from them (including Dragonstorm and the Armada of Cyclonus set just tonight), but I agree, mostly there stuff was too far marked up.

Mind you, right now, some of the stuff is going for a steal at the local one in the Oshawa Town Centre.
Solauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:22 PM   #22
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
im aware but costco charges for memberships where as everywhere else doesn't. Lots of costco goods are sold at break even prices in order to induce new memberships.
Ya I refuse to pay a membership fee to a company just so I can pay them more money. That doesn't make any cents. No pun itended.

I'll continue to shop @ Walmart for the same size bulk item without a membership fee if I need it. Screw Costco. Never understood either why people wait at the cheap gas pumps there with their car running - Wasting gas. That's really smrt.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:08 AM   #23
jtkv
Robot Master

Looks like they are rebranding to Playtime Toys... that's what their website shows now..
For Sale List thread
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:29 PM   #24
joshimus
Metroplex

I remember when they bought out all the RID Scourge TRU Exclusives, 39.99 retail, and were selling them for 100.00. I boycotted them that day. I did manage to find one at TRU weeks later but they had like 10 of them for 100.00
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:38 PM   #25
Mishap
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I remember when they bought out all the RID Scourge TRU Exclusives, 39.99 retail, and were selling them for 100.00. I boycotted them that day. I did manage to find one at TRU weeks later but they had like 10 of them for 100.00
I remember in the BW era, there was a TTT in Lime Ridge Mall, right next to The Bay. Magnaboss and Tripredacus were on clearance at The Bay for half off ($30 down to $15). A few days later, they were all gone, but TTT suddenly had a bunch of them for $40. Their "repurchase" items were always always ridiculously priced, but the stuff they sourced out that skipped retail here - like the TF Gobots - were pretty reasonable.
Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote