Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 09-26-2015, 01:45 AM   #61
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: Masterpiece Shockwave Incoming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhainan View Post
Definitely buying Hot Rod if he's a serious dome zero Autobot Car for the usual Autobot Car price range.

If shockwave is seriously that much I'll wait or just not get him. I don't think he looks that big, though.
According to G1 scale, Shockwave is supposedly the same height as Soundwave or very close. But Shockwave has big boob while Soundwave has flat chest.

As for Hot Rod, looks like he is supposed to be taller and bigger than other car bots..
http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/img20060508130446.jpg
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:01 AM   #62
venksta
Render Project Creations

For those surprised by BBTS' pre-order price for Shockwave, KEEP IN MIND that its an early preorder listing before Takara has even sent out solicitation info. This is a good business move on BBTS part to net some early preorders. Its super safe to say the final price will be much lower, probably under $150 USD. BBTS probably doesn't have the actual pricing now, so they've gone with a higher retail price. That way once the actual retail price is released, they can lower everyone's preorder cost down. However, if they were to go with a lower cost, and find out Shockwave will cost more, it makes it hard for them to increase pre-order prices for customers who have already locked it in. They have done this before for previous MP reveals, so its not surprising. I'm personally expecting Shockwave to be around $120 to $150 USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
You must be smoking crack. Fansproject was one of the first companies to do custom Transformers on a mass scale, they released Munitioner and Explorer as a set over 5 years ago, back before anyone even knew third party existed. The set was $170 for 2 figures the same size as the Combiner Wars limbs, what do you think those would cost today? I know I got 2 of their Function X figures for less than that, so if anything, I would say cost is going down. Nobody upped prices on anything, come back and join the rest of us in reality.

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/3234/

Please don't be misquoting facts.
Actually dude, I personally remember Munitioner and Explorer first runs selling for $60 or so each. I tried to dig up some info to find the exact pricing for the first run, but couldn't find anything. However, I found a BBTS newsletter advertising the re-issue set, in the United Bruticus deco, for $129.99 USD. The link you provided to TFsource is just their "after market" price listing.

As someone who's been involved with 3rd party, starting with Fansproject, I feel the pricing has stayed the same on the most part, or gone up. City Commander originally cost around $90 USD, back in 2008. Compare it to the "Transformazing" Generations FOC deluxe Optimus Prime upgrade kit, its a lot less for the same pricing, in my opinion. Then consider the actual reissues of City Commander, which actually went up in price for initial preorders.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:15 AM   #63
MrCHEESEMANn
Generation 2

Shockwave looks great! Not sure it looks better than Quakewave (at this point). As for Hot Rod... It looks ok.... But I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the RELEASED MP rodimus (that ALSO looked good in pre released images) is takara planning on giving this version for free to everyone that bought the original? ;-)
MrCHEESEMANn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:59 AM   #64
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
You must be smoking crack. Fansproject was one of the first companies to do custom Transformers on a mass scale, they released Munitioner and Explorer as a set over 5 years ago, back before anyone even knew third party existed. The set was $170 for 2 figures the same size as the Combiner Wars limbs, what do you think those would cost today? I know I got 2 of their Function X figures for less than that, so if anything, I would say cost is going down. Nobody upped prices on anything, come back and join the rest of us in reality.

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/3234/

Please don't be misquoting facts.
LOL, I got mine from them when they were released and I never paid 170 dollars so I have no idea where you are getting your numbers from.

edit... Your BS doesn't count as facts
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #65
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
LOL, I got mine from them when they were released and I never paid 170 dollars so I have no idea where you are getting your numbers from.
I paid $130 for the pair (MISB) from a dealer on the aftermarket for the original production run.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #66
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Venksta is about right on the 60 dollar price tag, that's about what I paid for each of mine when they were first released.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:51 PM   #67
elburrito
Animated

So 3P tf-ing toys have not increased significantly since they began to appear. I.e., deluxe then $60, voyager now about $90

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #68
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
So 3P tf-ing toys have not increased significantly since they began to appear. I.e., deluxe then $60, voyager now about $90
They weren't deluxes, they were basics.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:41 PM   #69
nervousviper
Generation 1

This thread is getting a little bit out of topic. Can we just please drop this 3P overcharge thing and focus on Masterpiece Shockwave, which is the reason this thread was made in the first place.
nervousviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:56 PM   #70
timcrook
Cybertron

toydojo has the expected release date as jan31, 2016.