Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 09-25-2015, 04:19 PM   #51
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style
Re: Masterpiece Shockwave Incoming!

Got FT's Shockwave, happy with him, don't really need another with the word Takara on it.

But if I didn't I would buy this

Hot Rod on the other hand will be mine

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:50 PM   #52
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
I don't understand how you know this. Do you have access to their production costs?
Come on man...we all, love this stuff but you don't need to know their production costs to know that these toys are over priced.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:59 PM   #53
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron75 View Post
Come on man...we all, love this stuff but you don't need to know their production costs to know that these toys are over priced.
I'm confused. That's exactly the only thing you need to know, that and the retail cost. You can't say they're over priced if their production costs are $120 per unit and their retail is $150 per unit. People need to wake up and start living in reality, companies have customer acquisition costs, marketing budgets, prototype costs, research and design, labour and material costs. Try calling some Chinese manufacturers and see how much it would cost you to have moulds made for 30-50 small little pieces, then have them all assembled and shipped out. I've done it, my cost to produce one single mould was $20,000.

I was ignoring it until now but you can't pull numbers out of thin air and start telling people the margins are too high. Hasbro does it by increasing volume and producing half the quality. Have you ever looked at Masterpiece Grimlock's wings? You can see right through the plastic.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:16 PM   #54
Megatron75
Alternator

Depending in your means you will either pay these prices, or you won't...but don't fool yourself for a second; These companies are making big time money or they wouldn't be doing it.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:37 PM   #55
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Depending in your means you will either pay these prices, or you won't...but don't fool yourself for a second; These companies are making big time money or they wouldn't be doing it.
Take a look at some of the kickstarter action figures, they're like over $50 usually for one. And they don't even transform. And some of the kickstarters don't even succeed. Doesn't look like big profits.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #56
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
EXACTLY

Quote:
I was ignoring it until now but you can't pull numbers out of thin air and start telling people the margins are too high. Hasbro does it by increasing volume and producing half the quality. Have you ever looked at Masterpiece Grimlock's wings? You can see right through the plastic.
I wouldn't say Hasbro is cutting on quality. The 3rd party stuff is pretty fragile, Hasbro's stuff may not have the detail, but it's FAR more durable.

Quote:
^THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
Not sure why you argue with him it is a known fact that he is the All Knowing and Great One when it comes to Transformers
Why do you always want to argue, no one was arguing, but yet you feel the need to toss in a jab for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousviper View Post
If that's your belief, then be it. In the end of the day it will boils down to personal choice. ��
EXACTLYT, thank you.

Quote:
I don't understand how you know this. Do you have access to their production costs?
I don't need to in order to know that all the 3rd party companies started upping their prices once we all jumped on their stuff.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:56 PM   #57
Ozrein
Stunticon

Well I'm more than happy to see this MP. Shockwave looks great, the legs are exactly the look I had hoped for and the main reason behind my trepidation in buying a 3rd party version of the character. The waist up looks just as good,if not maybe even better, than the 3rd party ones. I'm 100% sold. Will preorder the moment the Japanese etailers post them... Or at least as soon as I see them, lol.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:51 PM   #58
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

Definitely buying Hot Rod if he's a serious dome zero Autobot Car for the usual Autobot Car price range.

If shockwave is seriously that much I'll wait or just not get him. I don't think he looks that big, though.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #59
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
EXACTLY
I don't need to in order to know that all the 3rd party companies started upping their prices once we all jumped on their stuff.
You must be smoking crack. Fansproject was one of the first companies to do custom Transformers on a mass scale, they released Munitioner and Explorer as a set over 5 years ago, back before anyone even knew third party existed. The set was $170 for 2 figures the same size as the Combiner Wars limbs, what do you think those would cost today? I know I got 2 of their Function X figures for less than that, so if anything, I would say cost is going down. Nobody upped prices on anything, come back and join the rest of us in reality.

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/3234/

Please don't be misquoting facts.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:25 AM   #60
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote