Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 08-07-2017, 12:08 AM   #11
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys R Us Deluxe Skullitron and Megatron Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Everything in the movie line is over priced AF.
Amen brother!
Do you think these prices will just stick with the movie line or creep into the next line of toys?
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:46 AM   #12
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys R Us Deluxe Skullitron and Megatron Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Amen brother!
Do you think these prices will just stick with the movie line or creep into the next line of toys?
U will see the price slowly creeping up and quality getting worse. That seems like the trend since I start collect transformers. I don't care much about other lines anymore from Hasbro as a whole. I already got most of the main cast I wanted from G1 in the masterpiece line, other than the Dinobots and Devastator. The G1 characters with articulation was the only thing I have been wishing for all these years, thanks to Takara. I may still buy a piece or two from the Masterpiece line here and there if they decided to do other G1 characters that I like, things like Jazz, Cliffjumper, etc.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:20 AM   #13
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
U will see the price slowly creeping up and quality getting worse. That seems like the trend since I start collect transformers. I don't care much about other lines anymore from Hasbro as a whole. I already got most of the main cast I wanted from G1 in the masterpiece line, other than the Dinobots and Devastator. The G1 characters with articulation was the only thing I have been wishing for all these years, thanks to Takara. I may still buy a piece or two from the Masterpiece line here and there if they decided to do other G1 characters that I like, things like Jazz, Cliffjumper, etc.

Prices increase over years? Do tell.

Titans return has been quality and awesome. I don't buy the "worse and worse" theory.

As far as the movie stuff no fucking idea. Obscene prices. Barely any actual toys. Nothing's exactly flying off the shelves.

Your average collector is informed enough to know these exclusives are hot garbage. Kids aren't buying this shit with their allowance. Even grandparents aren't this dumb, and at that, they buy all the primes and bees. So who the actual fuck is going to be shelling out for this garbage?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:42 AM   #14
Flanker
Generation 2

WTF is with TRU Canada?

The figures are listed US$20 each in the States. (For future reference, that amounts to around CAD$25.28 at the time of this posting)

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=118951836

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=118951906

Last edited by Flanker; 08-07-2017 at 01:44 AM.
Flanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:33 AM   #15
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

I bought Skullitron and Inferocus $49.99 on Thursday with the $20 off coupon and still feel like I was ripped off for the prices. Only buy them on sale or with coupon otherwise forget it.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:04 AM   #16
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Amen brother!
I'm told that's only for movie stuff, but I guess only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I remember buying Energon Barricade for $12 at TRU full retail thinking that was too much for the "new price" at the time. Previous price was around $9 if I remember correctly.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:08 AM   #17
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post

Titans return has been quality and awesome. I don't buy the "worse and worse" theory.

As far as the movie stuff no fucking idea. Obscene prices. Barely any actual toys. Nothing's exactly flying off the shelves.
Where I am, that wave 1 deluxe Bee is completely sold out everywhere, and so is barricade. All I see is a ton of slashes and berserkers. Was super surprised to see that Bee fly off shelves at 30$ a piece.

I dont buy the worse and worse theory either. the deluxes have gotten bigger than they were a few years back, the sculpting has improved too. I wld say that at the deluxe size, things are at the top of their game outside of the movie line. Cant say the same for the leader class though
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:26 AM   #18
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
So, bad enough Steelbane is a floppy loose jointed POS for 30.00, but if you act now you can spend 40.00 on a shitty repaint with a new head....because "Exclusive"
Are they out of their f***ing minds? I'm glad I have no interest in them but this price hikes in general with Hasbro, not a great way to keep collectors. I feel like they are pricing themselves way too far out of the market.
I totally agree. They hit a ceiling. If they scan the boards, then they should really be made aware that they have finally hit too much. I was in for leader Dragonstorm, but not for 75 and not with the breakage warning.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:37 AM   #19
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Where I am, that wave 1 deluxe Bee is completely sold out everywhere, and so is barricade. All I see is a ton of slashes and berserkers. Was super surprised to see that Bee fly off shelves at 30$ a piece.

I dont buy the worse and worse theory either. the deluxes have gotten bigger than they were a few years back, the sculpting has improved too. I wld say that at the deluxe size, things are at the top of their game outside of the movie line. Cant say the same for the leader class though
It's odd. I have no intentions of getting the N.A. Leader Optimus but I'm looking forward to Calibur Optimus. The little details (and lack of dumb back pack) really appeal to me.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:36 AM   #20
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
I'm told that's only for movie stuff, but I guess only time will tell.

I remember buying Energon Barricade for $12 at TRU full retail thinking that was too much for the "new price" at the time. Previous price was around $9 if I remember correctly.
Yeah, I remember be deluxes being 12 bucks? I mean, mega class was 20. Mega is voyager at thirty. Considering chug voyager hasn't gone up since classics in 06...

I don't remember how much Armada stuff was at all. Cyclonus and Demolisher were prob 12 bucks? That was 15 years ago. Is what it is. Twenty bucks isn't terrible. Sales help out a lot. I dunno. I look at other toy lines and basic articulated six inch figures are 20-30. Tfs seem like a better deal.

I remember when marvel legends were 12 bucks. Now they're 30 and ten bucks gets you a final Joe size toy, not a 5-6" action figure. Toy biz late 90s marvel!

It's this movie bump that's a joke.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote