Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2017, 05:16 AM   #341
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: Movie Talk (Possible Spoilers)

Finally got to check out Spider-man: Homecoming and very glad it lived up to the hype. While it may not be the deepest story told among all the various Spidey movies that have been produced (can't believe it's been 15 years already since the first one), it's definitely the best portrayal of our hero yet!

Much like how RDJ is the perfect Stark/Iron Man, and Heath Ledger as the arguably definitive Joker, Tom Holland strikes a great balance at being both Spidey & Peter Parker. I have always felt Tobey Maguire was a better Parker and Garfield was a better Spidey, but neither seemed to fit both personas as well as Holland's work here.

If I had one complaint, it's that Vulture's motives were established very early on and too quickly that the delivery felt flat and lacked depth, almost like a throw-away one-episode villain you might see in the CW-verse shows of Flash/Arrow somtimes (if you watch those shows, that is). However, they do flesh out Vulture a bit more as the story progresses, so he wasn't completely one-dimensional.

Oh, and stay for the after credit scenes (there are 2).
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #342
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Oh, and stay for the after credit scenes (there are 2).
Dang I knew there was 1. Must've left before the 2nd one. Oh well will catch it on the next view I guess.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #343
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Saw both Spider-man Homecoming and War for the Planet of the Apes this weekend. Both are awesome in their own ways. Spidey was straight out fun. I don't know the details between Sony and Marvel Studio (Does Sony own the film right for the characters forever or does Sony have a lease of the charters for X amount of years?), but Sony obviously made the right choice both creatively and financially to work with the gravy train that is Marvel Studio. Keaton as Vulture is pretty damn intimidating but it just seems his story was a bit shallow. I mean he was salvaging Alien stuff from the NY battle but how did he and his crew of garbage collectors get to know how to use those stuff? How did he even build the Vulture wing pack? At least the Falcon was in the air force and he got SHIELD tech. How did this Vulture even learn to fly that high with such minimal life support system and no training whatsoever? Because he was Batman?

War for the Planet of the Apes is a great finale for one the best reboot/prequels trilogies in recent years. Great story with great characters and wonderful CGI. Hail Caesar.

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 07-18-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:35 PM   #344
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Dang I knew there was 1. Must've left before the 2nd one. Oh well will catch it on the next view I guess.
Patience
Old 07-18-2017, 11:36 AM   #345
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I don't the details between Sony and Marvel Studio (Does Sony own the film right for the characters forever or does Sony have a lease of the charters for X amount of years?)
From what I've read, Sony still owns the rights to Spidey and related characters. They've just leased back the use of his character to Marvel. I've also read this is because of the huge hit they took a few years ago when their emails got hacked. Otherwise they might still be making their own version.

Quote:
How did he even built the Vulture wing pack? At least the Falcon was in the air force and he got SHIELD tech. How did this Vulture even learn to fly that high with such minimal left support system and no training whatsoever? Because he was Batman?
It doesn't get covered in the movie, but the guy always working on the tech in the background is the Tinkerer from comics. In the comics, he's a mechanical genius.

As to how the Vulture learned to fly? Practice. It was like 8 years between the opening scene of the movie until Spidey appears. Who knows what kind of things he could have gone and done to pick up the skill set to do what he does. He seems the type to get it one once he puts his mind to it

Quote:
War for the Planet of the Apes is a great finale for one the best reboot/prequels trilogies in recent years. Great story with great characters and wonderful CGI. Hail Caesar.
Oh is this the last one??? I wasn't sure if they would make more or not. My wife has been waiting til the reboot was all done before she watches any of the movies as she doesn't like to wait. I'll have to let her know!
Old 07-19-2017, 12:41 AM   #346
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Patience
Old 07-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #347
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

That's why I don't order the bladder buster size pop during movies anymore
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:14 PM   #348
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Ininity War trailer from D23 is finally leaked! It's a shitty angle with a limited view, but you can see and hear enough to know what's going on. Go go before it's taken down!

Avengers: Infinity War trailer leak

EDIT: YT already shut down the upload. Haven't found one that works yet.... the link I just amended now points to a file download from MediaFire, but I honestly don't know if it works as I'm at work and our firewall blocks file sharing sites.

Last edited by Chigimus; 07-24-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:01 PM   #349
MULTIPLEX

I saw Spiderman Homecoming. Went in with low expectations. It was better than I expected. Worth watching again.

Also saw The Last Knight. This movie was better than AOE in terms of story but man the action was just too overboard. Plus there are too many bad guys. Megatron, Quintessa, TRF, NPrime, blah blah blah. We need a proper reboot. This series is just had it. What the hell was the point of the baby dinobots? Grimlock did jack shit too.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #350
MULTIPLEX

Interstellar was definitely a great film. The wormhole and black hole theory was actually quite accurate. It really was done well. Nice to see it come to life.