Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #11
pulsedragon20
I win
Re: Transformer toys shipping on eBay ???

What I usually do if I want to buy a TF from the seller and shipping look extremely excessive, I send them a message to confirm the shipping cost, sometimes they provide me with the actual shipping quote which is a lot less. So I doesn't hurt to ask
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #12
joshimus
Metroplex

I think a lot of sellers try to cover costs by making the shipping high. Some are honest and charge you proper when you get the invoice, others will screw you over. This shipping thing has turned me off ebay and honestly I don't miss it.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I've found that Ebay does have it's ups and downs. There tends to be much better deals on here or through TFW.

But for those reclusive items you can't find anywhere else but on Ebay it doesn't hurt to ask. And if they are still too high, then no harm down.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #14
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I was selling some stuff on ebay recently and had at least one outraged potential buyer tell me I was overcharging him for shipping rates on whatever parcel, etc. But unfortunately sometimes shipping is just high, especially parcels through Canada Post.

Then other dudes are just dinks. My pet peeve on ebay or online in general is when the only US to Canada shipping offered is a high-priced priority or fedex option. I'm fine with ground mail, yo.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #15
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I haven't done any selling yet with Ebay or Paypal. But isn't it true, that in order to protect yourself Paypal has requirements on shipping??

That was something else I had read in regards to the high shipping. You needed to meet their requirements for sellers protection.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #16
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Starscream View Post
Thanks guys good to know , I am gonna send eBay an email about there bad quotes . This should be fixed I would hate having to email every seller an email asking for shipping quotes .

thats not going to help. Next onth ebay is changing policy again to include collecting fees from the shipping. they are making it so that auction style insertion fees are free, but now take a higher percentage from the final sale AND shipping. they say thats to counter the sellers charhing $1 for a $50 item, then charging $49 to ship it. no way around final value fees now.

ebay makes that mistake now so that they can collect a higher value, and hope that no one notices. They kind of snuck that new "calculation" thing in a few months ago. i now am going to block ebay off my system, and use ebay. ca from now on. shipping outside our boarders is just going to cost me a fortune now since they are pretty much forcing us to use tracked shiping methods as they are now also holding funds until a buyer leaves feedback.
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #17
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljaxx View Post
as they are now also holding funds until a buyer leaves feedback.
didn't know this, makes ebay useless, too many scamming buyers out there, that either refuse to say they received something when they did, or just don't leave feedback at all. hope more people stop selling on ebay in droves until their site goes down

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #18
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
didn't know this, makes ebay useless, too many scamming buyers out there, that either refuse to say they received something when they did, or just don't leave feedback at all. hope more people stop selling on ebay in droves until their site goes down
it's only if you have below a certain seller rating. if someone doesn't leave you 5 stars, you have a low seller rating, so being in canada, shipping takes longer, so i get 3 or 4 stars for shipping, which now gives me a seller rating of 4.7 out of 5 ( and thats is BELOW ebay standards apparently)

this forces you to ship with tracking, so that the buyer can't claim it wasn't delivered, and you get your funds, HOWEVER, since it cost more, ebay will take a larger percentage from your shipping fees, so you can't ship cheap anymore.

They also now prevent you from typing certain words into your description, that would help explain your policies. example. I CAN NOT list an auction with the words "Not Responsible" and "Shipping Insurance" anywhere in the listing, and i can not offer FREE SHIPPING to canada, but can ship free to the USA.

this is why i am now only using ebay.ca. the US ebay can suck my balls.
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #19
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Red face Re: Transformer toys shipping on eBay ???

Not just toys, instruction manuals too.

How heavy and big is this instruction book?

It shows me US $41.15 USPS Express Mail International. What does it show for you?

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #20
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Not just toys, instruction manuals too.

How heavy and big is this instruction book?

It shows me US $41.15 USPS Express Mail International. What does it show for you?
Same. I think somewhere in the fine print it says a BJ comes with the delivery for that price.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote