Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #621
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's
Re: Tru flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
I cracked for that set, one of those times where waiting might mean missing it. (it's of course everywhere now, but still, I've seen some that were like that and all disappeared overnight)

I'm just glad I did get Omega and Jetfire at the everything was on sale pre-order moment.

So I'll now have to hope that my locals TrU get the new wave (4) deluxes during this sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Are you literally me
I think I was one of the first to buy the set back in late August when they first hit the Toys R Us shelves and from what I have seen in photos/videos of reviews it is very awesome.

I haven't opened the Reconnaissance set because it doesn't feel satisfying unless I get it at some kind of a sale price. I was fortunate enough also to get Siege Skyfire & Omega Supreme at the sale prices so both are opened and I am happy.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #622
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
I think I was one of the first to buy the set back in late August when they first hit the Toys R Us shelves and from what I have seen in photos/videos of reviews it is very awesome.

I haven't opened the Reconnaissance set because it doesn't feel satisfying unless I get it at some kind of a sale price. I was fortunate enough also to get Siege Skyfire & Omega Supreme at the sale prices so both are opened and I am happy.
Yeah, I really hate the pricing wit Siege, they are absolutely overprices, but as the quality is so much better than so many years of the brittle plastic, it feels like they used the "new Coke" approach to me at times.

That said, ending up paying full price of a few of them appears to be the evil to live with as otherwise, it could result in missing some figures.

Anything from TrU is usually via a sale, but Walmart or EBgames, they never have sales... so exclusives or hard to find ones end up feeling "get it when you see it or you miss it". The G1 reissues, I got a 30$ Starscream on liquidation and that's all I cared for (and would pay for), though the cassettes are nice, at 30$, nah, that's just nuts and I like the Siege cassettes just fine and look forward to more (though they should have included at least one with Soundwave, THAT was a cheap shot).

I've been a collector for a good 40+ years now, and after just limiting myself to the odd one here and there in reference to what I'd actually buy as I've been either financially limited, but also (and more) very picky. Heck, at 'cons or such, finding something that I missed a few years back at a good price has been fun and nice.

Siege has been the only series that managed to truly pull me in for the G1 original figures. Most have been the absolute best versions of "original but updated engineering" that's ever been made, and I don't know if they'd ever top them off, but also feels that once this series is done, they have so much to "redo" from the G2 and all the other series that follows, that once Siege G1 are done, we won't see G1 for a long time... but then, they might be stupid and redo them over and over and not move to the next 30 years worth of figures/characters that they can get done.

Titan wise, I missed Metroplex, but have Fortress and now Omega (returned Trypticon as he broke right out of the box and that put me off to not replace him) and the only sort of character that I would consider would be a Tidal Wave or such. (not a Scorponok fan).
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #623
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Yeah, I really hate the pricing wit Siege, they are absolutely overprices, but as the quality is so much better
I have to say, now that I got Cog, Sixgun, Brunt and the drill-head, I absolutely love these guys

Cog is the worst (guns too loose in his hands, one is easier to just peg into the outer-forearm spot), but still really pose-able, even if he can't see around his shoulders

Sixgun is insane, took me a while to find one with nice paint on the mouthplate, but this guy rules, toes were installed properly, can rock his black hand guns like tonfas, good feelings all around
Might get the Powerdasher equivalent even though originally wrote it off, just cause of how good

Brunt is awesome, fiddle with him the most, but can fell will probably get looser as a result, ah well
Noticed many have paint issues around his red visor & mold flash around his "temples" side of the head, had to hunt for a while to find one I liked

Got the drill guy Powerdasher due to Brunt being great, plus had the original G1 drill guy so sentimental-ness - he mostly poses though, cause of sweet paint and afraid of loosening him up like Brunt

I'm fully on-board with ankle-tilts now - I love CW/TR/POTP and everything, but dudes got to be able to pose, and setting stumps on their edges seems antiquated now

Not saying I support the price increase, because of course not, but can't deny these figs are hella sweet
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #624
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I have to say, now that I got Cog, Sixgun, Brunt and the drill-head, I absolutely love these guys

Cog is the worst (guns too loose in his hands, one is easier to just peg into the outer-forearm spot), but still really pose-able, even if he can't see around his shoulders

Sixgun is insane, took me a while to find one with nice paint on the mouthplate, but this guy rules, toes were installed properly, can rock his black hand guns like tonfas, good feelings all around
Might get the Powerdasher equivalent even though originally wrote it off, just cause of how good

Brunt is awesome, fiddle with him the most, but can fell will probably get looser as a result, ah well
Noticed many have paint issues around his red visor & mold flash around his "temples" side of the head, had to hunt for a while to find one I liked

Got the drill guy Powerdasher due to Brunt being great, plus had the original G1 drill guy so sentimental-ness - he mostly poses though, cause of sweet paint and afraid of loosening him up like Brunt

I'm fully on-board with ankle-tilts now - I love CW/TR/POTP and everything, but dudes got to be able to pose, and setting stumps on their edges seems antiquated now

Not saying I support the price increase, because of course not, but can't deny these figs are hella sweet
I really like how Brunt looks.

I'd have to say that the worse I found with Siege is that I have a LOT of looseness across the joints and accessories, so while I used to use some silicone "glue" to make ball joints stay, it was never a great fix, so I finally switched to the "Future/Pledge" floor finish, and have been busy with it.

It's not perfect but does do an amazing job for most. Some require a few coatings, but the best part in joints, like Prowl's knees, where my figure was having trouble staying up, a drop on the knees a bit of movement to get it to get into the joint, and once it's dry, it's like new, even better, as the feel it's giving me is that this will stay for at least a while... and while making the joint so much solid, it's a soft "tightness". So after the Weaponizers, they are finally holding well.

One of my Brunt's arms took several coating though... that was a really loose connector.

I just redid my Bruticus figures as they were all loose as heck. Took a few days as they really were a mess of losseness, but they're so much better now.

Note that while it's at least 24 hours to dry when you take apart and everything's open to air flow, joints takes at least 3-4 days to really get truly dry.

So to say that if your figures are loose, this is the way to go.

If you've never used some, I found the best approach is to have a tiny "bowl" (I use a used blister pack of pills that holds barely a dozen drops) and use a cotton swab (Q-tip) to coat the parts. It's been must easier than larger bowls/containers, and the many variants approaches that I've seen people use.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 10-13-2019 at 11:23 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:55 PM   #625
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
doesn't appear the generations selects are included in the sale
I think thats because Transformers wasnt in their original title and they were web exclusives so harder to notice. Anyways, apparently its changed since Cromar is part of the sale in stores. I will go tomorrow to get a refund on the ones I purchased before the sale.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:00 PM   #626
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

this week upcoming flyer energon ignitors half price
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:11 PM   #627
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I think thats because Transformers wasnt in their original title and they were web exclusives so harder to notice. Anyways, apparently its changed since Cromar is part of the sale in stores. I will go tomorrow to get a refund on the ones I purchased before the sale.
I got the price match refund for Cromar but not for the other 2 online only selects, since they are still full price in their system. Oh well.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:55 AM   #628
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

rainmaker ste and reflector set on sale 20%, no flyer this week so not sure how long they will be on discount
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:25 AM   #629
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
rainmaker ste and reflector set on sale 20%, no flyer this week so not sure how long they will be on discount
Hmm... I've been thinking an all-red Refraktor would be cool. Buy 2 more...?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:15 AM   #630
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
reflector set on sale 20%
Nice
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote