Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian
Re: Getting from Greyhound Bus Stop to Con HELP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedimus View Post
Even more confused now.
Well from the Greyhound station you are about 24km (15 miles) from the hotel.

Union Station is 18km (11 miles) in the OPPOSITE direction. And you would be traveling to a different city where traffic is heavily congested.

Your best bet is to get to a local bus stop (Mississauga Transit) and get a bus from there.

Or take a Taxi. It would probably cost around 20 - 25 dollars.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
sikkbones
Banned

are you coming from ohio?

park and ride the go train to oakville.... unless your are greyhounding it... i dont miss those long rides...

have you bought your ticket yet?

if not get a ticket to hamilton instead of toronto and take a go bus to square one and you should be able to find local transit from square one mall.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post

Or take a Taxi. It would probably cost around 20 - 25 dollars.
If thats all it will cost you do that. It will be more than worth the headache of trying to figure out the bus system.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #14
Slayback
Animated

how about you rent a vehicle? just for the weekend? or are you staying at the hotel? feck ask the hotel for a shuttle bus to come pick you up?

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #15
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
how about you rent a vehicle? just for the weekend? or are you staying at the hotel? feck ask the hotel for a shuttle bus to come pick you up?
The hotel does not have a shuttle bus, and if it did it would only go to the airport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
take a Taxi. It would probably cost around 20 - 25 dollars.
Just go with this, the only other way to get from APPLEWOOD VARIETY #39,1077 NORTH SERVICE RD Mississauga, ON L4Y1A6 (bus stop) to the hotel is public transit, which is not the easiest thing to figure out and I live in this city. So just get a cab or rent a car and save yourself a big headache.

Last edited by Code of Honor; 04-20-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #16
ryceball89
Decepticlown

I suggest catching a Cab.

North Service Rd is not the most popular route for buses. You'll have to do multiple transfers (3) before you reach the hotel. Estimated time: 4 Hours. You MIGHT need to pay fare twice because the transfer ticket only lasts 2 hours. Fare is 3 dollars. so about 6 bucks/person.

As for cost of a cab, I'd say its about 25 bucks give or take 5 bucks depending on traffic. Ask for a van if there are more than 4 people. If you split it among multiple people, it could be cheaper and MUCH faster.

Hope to see you there!
ryceball89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
Tedimus
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryceball89 View Post

North Service Rd is not the most popular route for buses. You'll have to do multiple transfers (3) before you reach the hotel. Estimated time: 4 Hours. You MIGHT need to pay fare twice because the transfer ticket only lasts 2 hours. Fare is 3 dollars. so about 6 bucks/person.

As for cost of a cab, I'd say its about 25 bucks give or take 5 bucks depending on traffic. Ask for a van if there are more than 4 people. If you split it among multiple people, it could be cheaper and MUCH faster.
Who's the taxi service I should contact about that. That sounds like a fairly sane idea.
Tedimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #18
RavageX-9
Generation 2
RavageX-9's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryceball89 View Post

Hope to see you there!
Really? My research shows that it only takes 2 buses (one transfer) and an hour and ten minutes (if you miss the 2nd bus add 20 minutes for a total of 1:30).

I'm so used to taking public transit when I go to conventions. I'm a lot less worried about it.

Unfortunately that stupid miway.ca website wouldn't find the streets, so I had to manually find the bus stops on the map. Here's the stop #'s you'll want:
0411 - NORTH SERVICE RD at STANFIELD RD
To:

all my search results started with bus #4 West running every half an hour (at roughly quarter after and quarter till)
The trip planner suggests to catch the 2nd bus to get off sooner and walk a block to another stop, I guess because otherwise there's a shorter wait time (and greater potential to miss the bus if one is running late and/or the other early) if you go all the way to that Trillium Health Center stop where both buses go.

At 5:13 PM, take Bus route 4 direction West. At 5:30 PM, arrive at stop #0758 on CONFEDERATION PKY FIRST STOP south of PAISLEY BLVD (17 min.).
Zoom

Walk to stop #2332 on PAISLEY BLVD at CONFEDERATION PKY for transfer.
Zoom

Wait 8 minute(s).
Zoom

At 5:40 PM, take Bus route 38 direction North. At 6:23 PM, arrive at stop #2302 on ARGENTIA RD west of MISSISSAUGA RD (43 min.).

Return trip for me looks to be 3 buses and 1:30 travel time, but that's for like a 7:50pm arrival for a 8:15 GreyHound departure.
RavageX-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #19
Slayback
Animated

Geebus..
Even more advice -Plan B
Call the cab companies -request a flat rate.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote