Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 03-26-2017, 11:00 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron Transformation Video

YouTube user*Minhduc Pham uploaded a video where we can finally check MP Megatron transformation. It also shows all extra parts and bonus, articulation and details about the official incarnation of the leader of the Decepticons. Transformation starts at 13:36 min. Aside aesthetics and personal preferences, this is a very complex but solid transformation and a fine piece of Takara’s engineering. You can also check the full video to confirm some interesting details, like improved hands, die-cast parts and the sound and voice gimmick (confirmed to be only in Japanese). Don’t forget to click on the bar and share your opinions » Continue Reading.

The post MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron Transformation Video appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 03-26-2017, 11:45 AM   #2
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron Transformation Video

Well this will be that one time transformation figure and never again. Still can't wait to get my hands on him
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 02:19 PM   #3
Pgianos
Banned

THAT IS SICK! ... i wonder how low mightron and despotron will go...
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:04 PM   #4
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Mother of Primus, the amount of engineering at work here is truly an impressive achievement, I'll give it that. The mass shifting effect in the legs is a neat trick indeed as much as how the torso slides and swivels orientation to accommodate both modes.

That being said though, getting from bot to alt mode does seem quite the challenge and not very intuitive due to all the numerous and tiny moving pieces. While the results are rewarding, the transformation process involved doesn't appear to be a fun challenge.

I applaud what Takara has pulled off here, but trying to speak objectively, there's still no one single definitive MP Megatron out there to unify the community. No single character has polarized and divided us as much as Megatron has.

MP-36 does have engineering worthy of being a Masterpiece indeed, but the odd proportions here and there and lack of clean aesthetics may not fit with what some might consider an MP to be.

Despotron has an ok gun mode and the cleanest bot mode still, but is more comic accurate than toon so he doesn't quite fit in perfectly either. His strongest appeal is his transformation process which is clean, intuitive and fun.

Mightron probably has the cleanest gun mode to me, bot mode is decent but the legs aren't toon accurate at all, and that backpack is worse than MP-36. Sometimes I think he would've worked best in a CHUG collection if he was shrunk down to that scale.

Apollyon looks good in both modes, but is notorious with QC issues and a scary transformation.

Hooray for options and all that, of course. It's a great time to have so many choices, but man oh man, the controversy around MP Megatron will never seem to end.

Last edited by Chigimus; 03-26-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote