Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Collections Spotlight

Old 07-19-2016, 01:50 PM   #1
dancybak
Generation 1
dancybak's Ebay Auctions
Is there anyone else that is not happy with the Titans return toy line?

To me the line with all the bases and drones and every single one being a headmaster is a bit ridiculous. The base modes look brutal. I do like the actual scale and look of the remade head masters.

Am I alone? I don't think I am going to invest much of anything into the line.
dancybak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #2
elburrito
Animated
Re: Is there anyone else that is not happy with the Titans return toy line?

WFC, FOC, Prime, CW/UW, TR with some decent Generations in between. From this adult fan's perspective things are gradually getting worse. Maybe I just compare the quality and innovation to G1 too much, but then again, the Animated line was fantastic. I can't accept that materials and manufacturing costs must equal crappy product. Certainly, designers are confined, but I think "market-driven" translates "profit-driven" in this case and without any particular attachment to the product. You may have already guessed, I'll stick to higher quality lines.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #3
GigastormSenpai
I Will Notice You

I agree fully on the base modes, I fell like those were kinda last minute thing.
I'm actually really enjoying the stand alone headmaster, an inexpensive figure that has Alot of potential.
I'm sure there are ways to "unheadmaster" figures.
Even though I know Alot of people would prefer not to tinker with there toys, me I have no problem nodding figures.
But to each their own, right?

Feedback Sales
GigastormSenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:48 PM   #4
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

What bothers me most about the line, honestly, is the spring-loaded gimmicks for the Voyager class.

Did Galvatron really need a flip-up mask that looks bad and remove head articulation? Did Sentinel Prime and Astrotrain really need spring-up pylons on the sides of their heads that do nothing?

The space devoted to those gimmicks could have been better used. Would have been nice if the figures were capable of fully transforming without removing their heads, making it an option.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:16 PM   #5
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
What bothers me most about the line, honestly, is the spring-loaded gimmicks for the Voyager class.

Did Galvatron really need a flip-up mask that looks bad and remove head articulation? Did Sentinel Prime and Astrotrain really need spring-up pylons on the sides of their heads that do nothing?

The space devoted to those gimmicks could have been better used. Would have been nice if the figures were capable of fully transforming without removing their heads, making it an option.
Agreed, for adult collectors like us, these gimmicks are useless wastes, just like the gimmicks from DOTM, the mech weapons.

I modified Galvatron's hamlet, took out the airplane head, now he is a much better figure ---- at least he can stand by himself without worry about fall over.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:38 PM   #6
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

Deluxes are where it's at for TR. They're awesome, and honestly not too bad for the price point these days.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:44 PM   #7
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo.Dave View Post
Deluxes are where it's at for TR. They're awesome, and honestly not too bad for the price point these days.
I agree, the deluxes are really good.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:54 PM   #8
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

For the most part I'm happy with the line but I also don't intend to get every figure out there only getting what I want or need to fill in holes. Astrotrain, Blaster, Soundwave and pretty much all Titan masters serve no purpose. Since I'm doing the best I can to properly scale these figures out 2 of the 3 are to big. Astrotrain is fine but I already have a suitable figure for him. PMOP is great, Rewind will be Slammer from now on for Metroplex, the deluxes and legends are exactly what I need to fill in missing figures. Alpha Trion is useless but thanks to xueyue2 for that fabulous mod I will try it out since I have located an RiD Galvatron to rip the wings off. As for Galvatron I can't say how many times I've picked it up and put it right down. I ended up getting a Takara one for free and can't stand it. The killed a great figure with that mask and plane mode so I won't use the mask and ripped the cockpit off. This line has been 50/50 for me but I have babbled enough.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:18 AM   #9
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Nope, completely satisfied with Titan returns so far. Who knows maybe it's because CW left such a poor taste in my mouth with its waves and waves of constant low effort redecos.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:38 AM   #10
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I'm extremely happy with it, especially the Deluxe and Legend class. Astrotrain is excellent. The deluxes are tremendous. Wheelie may be a little over-ambitious for his class (thus doesn't quite hold together amazing) but he's just a beautiful little toy. Rewind!! Leader class is very good, I enjoy Blaster and Soundwave --- and I would argue their base modes are actually quite solid. PMOP is a solid toy but obviously they never intended the Magnus mold to have a base.

Galvatron is the one guy who I feel the gimmick hinders, clearly the design is intended for his entire head to rotate into the chest. Is what it is. I don't believe being Headmasters has harmed any of the other toys so far. I got a shapeways cannon adapter and IDW style crown for him.

The Titan Masters are absurdly fun to collect and play with.

Put in with getting good to great toys of characters we rarely if ever get toys of, and motherfucking Overlord on the way... damn.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote