Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #51
Black Spidey Boy
Robot in Disguise
Re: Never ordered from Japan before. Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
So AA is a good alternative as they seem to keep their PO's open for as long as there's inventory to offer, doesn't seem to be based on a limited time offering.

The only catch with AA is that they hate you if you cancel your pre-order. If you're absolutely sure you're not going to back out, then go with AA.
Thanks for your insight! In your experience, how likely would AA be able to fulfill their 'Provisional Pre-order's? I'm curious to know specifically for the purpose of the MP Megatron/Starscream/Soundwave coming out in April. I understand that they don't like preorders being cancelled or disallow it entirely, but at the same time, is there some deadline (say a few weeks before release) when they tell you whether they are indeed able to fulfill your Provisional Pre-order or not?

Last edited by Black Spidey Boy; 12-10-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Black Spidey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:45 PM   #52
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Spidey Boy View Post
Thanks for your insight! In your experience, how likely would AA be able to fulfill their 'Provisional Pre-order's? I'm curious to know specifically for the purpose of the MP Megatron/Starscream/Soundwave coming out in April. I understand that they don't like preorders being cancelled or disallow it entirely, but at the same time, is there some deadline (say a few weeks before release) when they tell you whether they can fill your Provisional Pre-order or not?
That is a good question, but I've never seen them fail to reach a particular pre-order quota for any of the items I've ordered from them before. Megatron will meet targets for sure as it's Takara's first release of this new mold. Soundwave should likely hit that target as well because if I remember correctly, he only had 1 official Japanese market release. Then came Hasbro Asia's release which is exclusive to every other Asian country but Japan, then you have the domestic Hasbro version. Starscream in the MP-11 mold has had.... 2 runs already I think, so although a 3rd won't fill out as quickly, they should still be achievable. I wouldn't worry too much on their ability to meet their provisional target, IMO.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:50 PM   #53
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Spidey Boy View Post
Thanks for your insight! In your experience, how likely would AA be able to fulfill their 'Provisional Pre-order's? I'm curious to know specifically for the purpose of the MP Megatron/Starscream/Soundwave coming out in April. I understand that they don't like preorders being cancelled or disallow it entirely, but at the same time, is there some deadline (say a few weeks before release) when they tell you whether they are indeed able to fulfill your Provisional Pre-order or not?
AA always fill their pre-orders. If their pre-order quotas are filled then they will put up a "Pre-order Closed" status.

like this:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...%24pagecnt%3D1

MP pre-order at AA used to sell out really fast...like in minutes. But I guess they took up a lot more order now.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #54
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

So pre-orders on Cheetor have closed on AmiAmi. I missed it. Any idea how easy it'll be to pick him up on release?
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:34 PM   #55
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joalro View Post
So pre-orders on Cheetor have closed on AmiAmi. I missed it. Any idea how easy it'll be to pick him up on release?
Use the site Figinstock, it'll give you an email notification when they open up the preorders again or even if it comes in stock.

EDIT: Try putting in a notification for HLJ too, they have cheetor for 5600 yen but their shipping is cheaper so it'll probably come out the same. They'll also get some extra stock once it comes out.

Last edited by funkmasterke; 12-10-2016 at 08:39 PM.
funkmasterke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #56
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmasterke View Post
Use the site Figinstock, it'll give you an email notification when they open up the preorders again or even if it comes in stock.

EDIT: Try putting in a notification for HLJ too, they have cheetor for 5600 yen but their shipping is cheaper so it'll probably come out the same. They'll also get some extra stock once it comes out.
Cool, thanks. I'll set that up with Anime Export, AmiAmi and HLJ.

EDIT: Oh, they don't support Anime export. Well, it's set up with the other two.

Last edited by Joalro; 12-10-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote