Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-08-2015, 06:31 AM   #1
Pgianos
Banned
Scorponok G1 Reissue

Anyone hear anything? The KO and the real thing are just too expensive.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:06 AM   #2
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: Scorponok G1 Reissue

I'm not sure what's up with the Encore line. I hope it's not done for, but the only reissues seem to be happening through Generations.

I'd like to see a bunch of older releases get updated. I'm not into KOs, but it's pretty tough to say no when it's the only virtual chance you've got. Well, other than getting the real deal, and as you've said, that's pricey.

If they've reissued Trypticon, I can't see why Scorponok couldn't be done too...unless that whole 'lost molds' thing is a reality.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #3
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

I need a better Scorponok for my collection too. I agree the price of Scorponok is too expensive for the G1 and KO reissue. Hasbro needs to give us an affordable official Platinum reissue of him. The other versions are just too expensive the Sentinel Megazarak is just a huge overpriced action master. The Botcon exclusive version is good but way too much for a Voyager/Leader class toy I am not paying over $200 for it. I would buy this one if they reissued this figure as a mass release. The MakeToys Pandinus is just too big and expensive plus I don’t like the stinger looking like a Decepticon symbol but that is my opinion. Perfect Effect Deathstalker was rumoured a couple of years ago to go along with their Warden figure but there has been no updates for over a year. They did make a a Super Deformed Headmaster version of him which is the only one I have of a G1 style Scorponok. I still think Hasbro will make a Titan Wars version even though Trypticon won the vote. Plus since Hasbro loves making repaints they can do Black Zarak and Energon versions too if they make a Titan scale figure. I would love to see other third party companies tackle Scorponok like Fantoys or MMC.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

You can get the body from any flea market or toy show for $30, it's not expensive unless you want all the little radar dishes and guns for Fasttrack.

There are lost / broken moulds but I don't remember Scorponok being one of them. The only ones I knew were Wheeljack, Mirage, Devestater and the Dinobots which were stolen, not lost.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #5
STI 2NV
Energon

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/like/38148415...529&rmvSB=true

not sure what your price threshold is but I just saw this on the right side of the page while reading your plea. this is a great price if it doesn't go over $300.00CAD
STI 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #6
chroma23
douchebag

how much are the KO going for nowadays?

i thought the guy who created it wanted to sell it for about $100-150USD (sans shipping) a few years back when he asked me for feedback when he was making it

which isnt too bad considering that i got a vintage legit complete with no damage (literally MIB) for more than that

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #7
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrluthor View Post
I need a better Scorponok for my collection too. I agree the price of Scorponok is too expensive for the G1 and KO reissue. Hasbro needs to give us an affordable official Platinum reissue of him.
I know that my comment is off topic but I much prefer Encore G1 reissues over Platinum reissues of G1 figures. I just prefer the vintage style Encore boxes for nostalgia over the newer style artwork associated with most of the Platinum releases that I've seen.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:11 AM   #8
Pgianos
Banned

The ko is not expensive it's the shipping from China that kills it
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:45 AM   #9
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron75 View Post
I know that my comment is off topic but I much prefer Encore G1 reissues over Platinum reissues of G1 figures. I just prefer the vintage style Encore boxes for nostalgia over the newer style artwork associated with most of the Platinum releases that I've seen.
I agree. I don't have any original G1 stuff anymore, but some respected members of the fandom say that the overall quality of plastic and finish were better. I noticed that my Encore Devastator was just missing something in terms of quality, something I don't remember as a kid handing my Constructicons. But memory fades, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Scorponok, I would assume, will get a Generations release closer to the release of the eventual Titan (much like Trypticon is going through right now, and who would have predicted that to happen?).