Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-05-2015, 01:23 AM   #21
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: Preoder laserwave and hotrod AE up

I can totally vouched for HLJ's service. Amiami too.

One time I ordered the Kayodoo Revoltech Alien Queen from HLJ. The figure came out of factory sealed package with a broken piece. I emailed HLJ with photo of the broken piece. They sent me a second figure for free and I get to keep the first figure which I simply treat it as "battle damaged" version.

I had an payment issue with Amiami just this month. I ordered a limited item that required pre-payment. So I pre-paid. When he item came in AA sent me another invoice but it's full payment for the item and shipping. I emailed them telling them I already pre-paid and even attached a copy of Paypal's invoice. So they apologized and sent me a new invoice but the new invoice was still the same. I emailed them again about the second error. Again they apoligised and sent me a third invoice. This time it's correct. The thing is they responded to me within 24 hours. That's good customer service and their English communication is very good.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #22
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I can totally vouched for HLJ's service. Amiami too.

One time I ordered the Kayodoo Revoltech Alien Queen from HLJ. The figure came out of factory sealed package with a broken piece. I emailed HLJ with photo of the broken piece. They sent me a second figure for free and I get to keep the first figure which I simply treat it as "battle damaged" version.

I had an payment issue with Amiami just this month. I ordered a limited item that required pre-payment. So I pre-paid. When he item came in AA sent me another invoice but it's full payment for the item and shipping. I emailed them telling them I already pre-paid and even attached a copy of Paypal's invoice. So they apologized and sent me a new invoice but the new invoice was still the same. I emailed them again about the second error. Again they apoligised and sent me a third invoice. This time it's correct. The thing is they responded to me within 24 hours. That's good customer service and their English communication is very good.
HLJ and AmiAmi are getting more of my business these days cause of exactly this. Also, their websites are super easy to use. HLJ private warehouse feature is awesome and has saved me tons on shipping. Only downside to AmiAmi is you can't cancel any preorders under any circumstances. HLJ you can.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:02 PM   #23
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
HLJ and AmiAmi are getting more of my business these days cause of exactly this. Also, their websites are super easy to use. HLJ private warehouse feature is awesome and has saved me tons on shipping. Only downside to AmiAmi is you can't cancel any preorders under any circumstances. HLJ you can.
Me too. And they don't make you prepay too.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #24
joshimus
Metroplex

Has anyone seen Shockwave on HLJ yet? I check every day but I wonder if I a, searching wrong or something
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:07 PM   #25
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Has anyone seen Shockwave on HLJ yet? I check every day but I wonder if I a, searching wrong or something
try searching for "laserwave"
Old 10-05-2015, 11:29 PM   #26
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
It's not up yet. I've been checking everyday too
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #27
justinrj
Generation 1

Quote:
Neither Hod Rod nor Shockwave are up yet at HLJ. They are also not up for preorder yet from Nippon-Yasan, AmiAmi, or many other Japanese e-tailers. It should be soon, though.
justinrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:16 AM   #28
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

AE is always the first to post preorder amoung Japanese sellers. They are like the Japanese BBTS.

AA is usually the second. followed by HLJ. NY and Hobby Search are usually the last.

But you have be aware of the name. Some use the English cartoon name while others use the Japanese name. Eg. MP-21 Bumble instead of Bumblebee. So some may use Shockwave and other site may use Laserwave.

I usually just search for "Transformers"
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:41 AM   #29
Spencer_Wilson
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Add to the fact that you must pre-pay with Paypal (so you're always out of the three month window for protection, although I'm sure Paypal must have some caveats for pre-orders...they can't be complete dicks, can they?) and not with a credit card...anyways, I'm going to try HLJ next year.
Papal does not have caveat for preroders. if you are concerned then do not place an order outside the reversal window. No exceptions. Once the grace period has expired then you have no recourse.
Spencer_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #30
supafly
Generation 1

HLJ pre-orders are up