Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #41
AP Prime
Generation 2
Re: 50% off Zellers coupon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
Actually, it says ''not valid in Camrose, AB and Dorval, PQ locations''. I don't know about Camrose, but Dorval Zellers is closing and everyhting is being clearanced. That location will be a Walmart in a couple of months. Anyway, I'm guessing that's why we can't use the coupon there. Otherwise, I've used it at two different Zellers stores this week with no problems.

Today, I bought a team Canada jersey (regular 34.99$), a 24-pack of toilet paper (regular price 19.99$) and a GI Joe RHINO (regular price 69.99$ down to 29.99$) with coupons. Ran the three items on three different transactions. Total cost about 50$. I hope they continue to honor the original coupon, I'd like to pick up a few more 5$ Joes tomorrow.

OB
rhino was actually mark dowb for 30 buck somthing last month
already. do they just put the price back?
AP Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #42
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Prime View Post
rhino was actually mark dowb for 30 buck somthing last month
already. do they just put the price back?
No, but it was 70$ for the longest time. Then, I believe it was marked down to 40$ and now it's 30$. With the Facebook coupon, it cost me 15$+tax. Since it was released, I hadn't picked one up, but how could I resist 15$? I have to say that, now that I have it in hand, it's a pretty fun toy. The interchangeable weapons, all the opening doors and canopies and the deployable helicopter are all fun features.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #43
TFtoys
Animated

there is a huge debate that Zellers should honor the 50% off unconditionally on their facebook. Lets join the fight~ How can you give out a red pocket or candy to a kid and realize that you give too much and try to get those back ? esecially it is a big retailer like this and not changed to Targets yet.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:56 AM   #44
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Honestly, I don't even see how this should even be up for debate. Zellers published a coupon, didn't do their homework about how popular it would be, and then ordered their stores to decline it for already discounted items.

Even if it "was" a mistake like they're forcing people on ground level to say & take heat for, then the corp should still honour it, possibly by reimbursing certain stores that lose a large amount of money on products that're actually worth something. This last part is key, as crap that's been in the store for more than a year shouldn't be valued high anyways (one of the many mistakes that Zellers has been making since the dawn of time), meaning that customers are basically doing the store a favor for buying it to begin with.

The sad part is that Canadian companies can't afford to do this for the most part, meaning that it's not even a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"

Last edited by Nomad; 12-31-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #45
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

It's a really tough situation. Zellers screwed up, admitted they screwed up and have taken steps to correct this error.

One thing to keep in mind is that in all likelyhood people have already lost their jobs over this situation and more people are likely too. Thats way to high a cost.

I mean even if we look at it from Zellers POV, the coupon does say one per customer - yet we know tons of people used way more than one.

At this point Zellers needs to get control of the situation and I have no issue with them cutting this off should they choose to do so.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:55 AM   #46
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Sigh I was gonna use this tomorrow. Guess I can't :/

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:10 AM   #47
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

I'm going bright and early at 8am to pick up the big Kre-O Prime
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:11 AM   #48
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
The coupon says its good until the 31st? Did Zellers retract that as well? Lol.

Last edited by venksta; 12-31-2011 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Typo
venksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:14 AM   #49
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
You probably still can, but don't expect it to be honoured for anything except full priced things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
It's a really tough situation. Zellers screwed up, admitted they screwed up and have taken steps to correct this error.

One thing to keep in mind is that in all likelyhood people have already lost their jobs over this situation and more people are likely too. Thats way to high a cost.

I mean even if we look at it from Zellers POV, the coupon does say one per customer - yet we know tons of people used way more than one.

At this point Zellers needs to get control of the situation and I have no issue with them cutting this off should they choose to do so.
You're definitely right about the one per customer thing, but if they wanted to enforce that, they shouldn't have chosen to leave it wide open. For example, we should have needed an HBC card to use it, and our names/numbers should have been recorded when we did. That way, someone couldn't use it a 2nd time, even at a different store. Along with that, they'd also have better records, and of course encourage more people to actually sign up for that.

Also, one could argue that admitting a mistake means nothing unless they're taking steps to actually rectify the situation, be it for customers who got screwed over or employes who got chewed out because of it.

Edit - Personally though, it wasn't a big deal. I got a shirt that I liked for 10 bucks, but you know. I'll take pretty much any chance I can get to shit on "the man".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"

Last edited by Nomad; 12-31-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:18 AM   #50
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
You probably still can, but don't expect it to be honoured for anything except full priced things.
I know. I was gonna use it for Sideswipe, but since he's 9.99, it won't work.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50%, coupon, half, sale, zellers