Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #11
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Street Fighter IV!

I got the Xbox 360 one and the official TE arcade stick around a week before in the mail. I challenge ANYONE at TFcon to this or any fighting game....... Bring it.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #12
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #13
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Got the PS3 CE from a FS while they were restocking. I just picked it up from the box w/o anyone looking Could only find one though since someone did the same thing before me I was lucky (although Karma struck as someone hit and run my car and left small scratch marks on my bumper while I was inside )

Couldn't find any arcade stick though...

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #14
onecoin
Banned

First my Halo 3 story. Midnight release of Halo 3 at Best Buy Regent. Walked in at 12:05 to encounter a long line, right to the door, leading to the register. Proceeded to line up, seconds later a BB employee asked me if I had my pre-order receipt and I said I had no pre-order. Then he told me to follow him right to the register, past about 50 people with pre-orders. I was like okay, what's going on? and he was like this is the line for people without pre orders. And guess what. I was the only one in it. Bought my copy, Special edition, walked out to a bunch of dirty stares.

Now, my buddies SF4 story. Today walked into EB with is pre order reciept for his CE. Walked to the counter an was told they're sold out of of CE and he can wait, by a regular edition, or get a refund. Chose a refund.

Now my SF4 story, walked into HMV at noon during lunch. Bought one of the 20 collectors editions behind the counter 79.99. Done.

And that is why preorders for mass released video games are total bullshit.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #15
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

I'll pass on this game! The movie comes out next Friday so it may change my mind.........? No, no, I'll still pass on both the game and movie! LOL
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:06 AM   #16
borihazard
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
I'll pass on this game! The movie comes out next Friday so it may change my mind.........? No, no, I'll still pass on both the game and movie! LOL
same here! well killzone 2 comes out next friday I will wait for a $30 copy of streetfighter iv. (i think i choose this becuz i am a total noob at fighters)
Old 02-19-2009, 02:31 AM   #17
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

GOt my collector's edition at and EBGames for PS3 on Tuesday. Got myself the Ryu headband, as well as a Killzone 2 beanie and toque. SOmehow i only paid $79
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #18
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Ok ... so followup on my story. So I decided to NOT pre-order this thing and find it at a local store. According to the clerks at my local FS, it was to be released on the 19th. Still at lunch hour yesterday I still went to my local FS to check to see if they got it in. Nada. So went back to the office.

Luckily when I got back and was surfing the web I pulled up BestBuys site, where I had certain stores stock pull up automatically. Well low and behold they have the Collectors Edition in Stock at BB. Left work 2pm ... didn't tell anyone ... LOL ... jumped in my car and off I went. Got there within 15 mins and they were all gone. The clerk there told me they just sold out. DAMMIT!!!! But he said the Futureshop across the street might have some. So ran out of the store (Along with 2 other guys I have never met) and raced over to the FutureShop across the street. They too had just gotten them and sold there only 2 copies. WTF ?!? 2 copies.

Anyway, so now I was feeling a bit down. I headed back to work and thought, maybe I should check my local FS a second time which was near my work on the way back to the office. Got there and they told me they hadn't received them yet, but would put them out the minute that they did. They were expecting that day. Liars told me that they weren't putting them out till the 19th last time I checked with them. Glad I checked ahead. So now I had to go back to work.

At this point I pulled up both the FS site and BB site listing the Street Fighter Collectors Edition and places that might still get it. Including my local FS. Well I got bogged down by work and almost forgot about them. And was reminded when I closed a screen. Refreshed ... and my local FS had them in stock. So 4pm, ran out of the office again .... LOL ... and off to my local FS for the 3rd time that day.

This time my hard work paid off ... and they were just putting the security device on them. I grabbed the only 2 copies they had. LEGEN ... wait for it ... DAIRY. One for me and my brother-in-law, who got me all hyped up on it in the first place. Didn't go back to work ... LOL ...

Played it last night, LOVED IT, and did not want to come into work today, but since I did miss most of the day yesterday, LOL, I thought what the hell.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #19
niteowl
Machine War

got the collectors today.
niteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #20
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
I got the Xbox 360 one and the official TE arcade stick around a week before in the mail. I challenge ANYONE at TFcon to this or any fighting game....... Bring it.
I formally challenge you to HD remix Street Fighter and Tekken 5, if you have them, because I don't. Tekken 3 would do just as well, I suppose, but again, don't have it.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote