Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 03-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #21
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 28 - Menage a Cinq

Thought I would chime in on the whole cross-overs thing as I was...in the basement

I love the idea of taking two great properties and putting them together, heh it worked for Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Unfortunately it is really just hit and miss with toys. Speaking as someone who has collected all the SWTF molds I can honestly say that they should stop the whole line sooner than later. Yes there are some nice things about them, but the bad is starting to out weigh the good.

The Good= Great representations of the vehicles. One of the best parts of star Wars is the exceptional design of the vehicles and I think it is one thing that SWTF did right. I also kinda liked the little drivers. Yes it limited the transformation to Robot or Mech, but it added to the play value.

The Bad= Like Daniel said, the toys weren't designed by the transformers team; a team that has had 25 plus years with the experience of making toys that transform from one object to another. I would say they probably have a few tricks like joints, plastics, or molds that could have made these toys better. Also, the story behind them was a little weak; why would Luke go through all the trouble of turning his X-wing in to a mech that had a matching metal head? I guess it completes the whole SWTF image, but some look down right weird (Re: Palpatine).

Anyways, I have said it before, a property that could make a seamless transition with transformers would be the old MASK toyline. Yes MASK is hardly current or popular, but just think of it as Human Alliance with Masks...oh how fun. Plus Hasbro even has the rights...it is a match made in heaven...or at least my dreams.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #22
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Well I'll be...I can listen to this on QuickTime now,how convenient.

I had the urge to call and say something...however...uh...I got some sort of 'stage fright' and refused to.Ah next time...then I guess I could talk about something...Beast or Animated type of topic I guess.

Still have to listen to the Podcast though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #23
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 View Post
Great episode guys! I lol'd for almost the whole show! Nocturn.... not how I thought he would sound lol Keep up the good work guys!
What, you were expecting Sean Connery?
Old 03-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #24
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
just finished lmao listening to this episode
a few things....
  • a lot of nails were hit on the proverbial head regarding exclusives
  • yes,i agree,nocturn is a big kid(when he first started talking,his voice was raspy enough where i kinda wanted to hear him say="i'll get you next time gadget.....next tiiiiime")
  • thanks for the shout out(and yeah,i still have to sneak bots into the house,moreso voyager class sized bots than anything)
  • the last half of this episode had a lot of points that had me rotflmao!!!!
  • there was a repaint of the rotf sideways mold already,deadend,albiet with a new head
  • @soundwaveCA= if you ever wanna sell "noisemaze",you know where i'm at
this was one of the more entertaining episodes,keep it up guys
Ya....I'm sure we pissed off and made a lot of people laugh with this one....that's what happens when you get Ryan and Duncan together....

And good point....I forgot about Dead End....still I think Sideways needs the "premium" treatment....all that red....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 View Post
When I worked at Walmart I talked with a guy who hunted the Hot Wheels T-Hunt cars. Its kinda a really really lame type of scalping lol The scalper buys the only T-Hunt car in a box of 100 Hot Wheels for aboot $1.50 and sells it on ebay or Hot Wheels fan boards for around $5.00-$10.00. The profit percent is really high, but not really worth it IMO for all the running around you do trying to find 1 T-Hunt car
Wait a minute....they only resell them for about $5-10?!!? WOW....what a waste of time, enjoy your free McD's there champs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Anyways, I have said it before, a property that could make a seamless transition with transformers would be the old MASK toyline. Yes MASK is hardly current or popular, but just think of it as Human Alliance with Masks...oh how fun. Plus Hasbro even has the rights...it is a match made in heaven...or at least my dreams.
MASK! Vehicles transform into slightly different things!
MASK! You don't spell commando with a K!
MASK! ...."This isn't even a mask.....it's a helmet...."

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 03-20-2010 at 04:50 PM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:49 PM   #25
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

I really enjoyed this episode people. It felt more funny, serious, and raw all at the same time. I also think the call-in idea is really neat. Very enjoyable for a rather long episode. Long is good. That's how I like it anyways.

The first call-on was creepy, I am not sure if it was a joke or not...but I was disturbed.

And all you guys sounded like you were really, really...happy.....

Keep up the awesomeness.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #26
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

As to the discussion regarding exclusives, I am not one of those who feels "entitled" to be able to get them all. But I echo the opinion of one of the RFC podcasters; "I have a long standing arrangment with Hasbro: I give them money, they give me stuff. When they won't give me stuff it pisses me off."

Outside of "con" exclusives, I don't see why they can't find a way to make all exclusives available to everybody, in one way or another.

I just got Ani Cyb Ratchet & Arcee from a fellow board member. Sure it cost me $50, and I am usually one of the first to criticise when someone over-pays for a figure that will eventually be a mass release. But there is no guarantee that these will be made available to us Canucks, and they are store exclusives, so I have no regrets.

I fear that they might not come here simply because as of late we have been getting the TRU exclusives at relatively the same time as the US, and we haven't gotten these here yet.
Hell, MP Grimlock is listed in Canadian TRU computers, and he won't be out for months! We should have seen some evidence that Ratchet & Arcee are coming by now. Hasbro Canada doesn't even know anything!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #27
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated

Okay,finished the Podcast.

I really enjoyed the take on the exclusives and collecting in general.I don't go to eBay because I hate buying on the Internet,but I do agree with you guys on playing 'The Waiting Game' on certain toys.

However,I did admit that I whined for two years about Wreck-Gar and Greywave.Now that they are lurking about in Canada,I have the patience to buy them super cheap...you made me think that I should wait for Wreck-Gar,even though there only has been one report of him being around my area.I am waiting for the rest of the Animated Seeker clan though.

Oh,which reminds me...I was discussing about getting a Shockwave bust not too long ago...anything new came up since then?

Price is something I complain very little about.Usually I walk away from what I call 'expensive',even if I do have a good amount of money.I used to buy Voyagers at full price before learning that a 'sale' does exist in toys.So gradually,The Waiting Game is something I do now,even if there are some Masterpieces on the way,I still wait for the price to lower.

Oh,since I do live in the middle of nowhere that is Bradford,Masterpieces are quite hard to come by,considering that Skywarp has been missing for months now.So I am going to be careful when MP Grimlock appears in TRU.It depends on how much 'nowhere' is when you find a Masterpiece or exclusive figure.

How about not seeing Galaxy Force at all?

Well Sideways had five minutes amount of screentime.I think his death was awesome,made me like Sideswipe a lot.I was wondering why he had the wheel hands.Thanks.Black repaint Sidways!Sweet!

Protofan?Oh good God!Not him again!Ewwwwww

Okay,now I should be in the next call in segment.

Okay,I want to put my two cents on the Crossovers.I never really liked the Star Wars TF,with the exception of Grevious.Okay,why the Hell are there FOUR Ironmen?!With diverse characters you would expect to have some creativity down the line or something.

Thank you!Gundam!Now that's a Crossover I wish to see for years,but,alas,it will never be.

Great Podcast guys.Thumbs up for the new segment(s).

Quote:
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #28
renegade_decepticon
Transformers/Anime Fanboy
Send a message via Skype™ to renegade_decepticon

RID omega prime FTW in the battle royal, second pic would be ROTF prime cause he owned on a 3 on 1 in the movie.... LMAO

but really how do we call in the show???

PSN Online ID: Black_Fire_F50
FFXIV Online: Diabolos Server (Maiyo Katsuko)
My Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ade_decepticon
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/darkrenagadef50
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BlackFlameF50
My Venom podcast: https://wearevenomaniacs.podbean.com/ & on YouTube (We Are Venomaniacs! Podcast)

My Top 3 Most Wanted Figures:
renegade_decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #29
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated

Well,since 'The Popular One' ain't here for the time being,might as well fill in.

What you will need to call in.
1) A computer
2) Internet access
3) Skype
4) A headset/mic

How it works? First install skype onto your computer, and add "canadian.slag" to your contacts list. Test your mic and sound settings before calling in to insure you'll be heard properly otherwise we'll have to move on to the next person.

We will let you know what date and time to call in since recording nights for the show varies

From there, the first two or three people to message us at that time will get on the show. Since we will probably only have 30 or so minutes for each call in segment we can probably only take a few members per episode so if you don't get through, just keep trying. We will only have the same person on the show again when we run out of new callers.

Lets us know your board name and actual name (if you're comfortable doing so) in your initial skype message to us.

Then, we're good to go! We'll let you know whether or not you'll be on this episode and call you when we're ready to talk.

Hope this helps.

On a side note:I have nothing better to do on Saturday night.Shows what a sad little girl I am

Quote:
Old 03-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #30
Supernova
Second star to the right

Oh man, it's so great to see Slag on iTunes! It never bothered me to do it manually, but to have it on my list with my other podcasts just makes life so much easier!

In terms of the Prime/Convoy fight, would Ginrai be included? I know he's not technically a Convoy, but IS in Convoy's body (if the fiction is to be believed). If so, I would think he'd go a long way, what with Chokon power and all...

The way I look at BotCon, it is a convention for the most hardcore of fans, and I think the figures should reflect that. There's lots of characters in the TF universe that can be created that should satisfy those out there that would be aware of their existence (see WhiteMocha's digibashes on TFW), while the so called "A-list" characters should be those we find on the store shelves (why Hasbro is using the triple-changer budget for a relatively obscure character such as Straxus when that R&D could have went to say Blitzwing is beyond me).

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast