Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-13-2015, 06:31 PM   #231
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: MP-22 - arriving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window View Post
Where do you live that you haven't filed a claim with them and/or gotten in touch with the shipper? lol
I live about 3 blocks from the large postal outlet in Mississauga, ha ha ha. I did got the post office and called canadapost customer service, but nothing came of it. All they said was to contact the seller and get them to file an insurance claim, which I think is total BS since it was canadapost fault for not delivering and not the sellers. The seller was cool about it and was nice enough to resend the toys, even though he didn't have to.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:03 AM   #232
Window
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I live about 3 blocks from the large postal outlet in Mississauga, ha ha ha. I did got the post office and called canadapost customer service, but nothing came of it. All they said was to contact the seller and get them to file an insurance claim, which I think is total BS since it was canadapost fault for not delivering and not the sellers. The seller was cool about it and was nice enough to resend the toys, even though he didn't have to.
Ah that old schtick.

It depends on the terms of sale on who can file a claim.
Most retail sales are considered CPT, risk transfers at the time of delivery to the buyer. That is why they say the seller needs to file the claim.

Look up INCO terms if you're wondering what CPT means.
Canada Post is one of the better carriers to deal with for lost stuff but that isn't saying much.

Anyways got my UM - holy hell he is amazing.
I found the head to be a bit loose so had to take it apart and future the joint and now its much much better. I did notice the mold marks on the arms, annoying but not detrimental.
I LOVE how the die cast matrix looks inside his chest.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:11 PM   #233
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I once waited a year and a half for a package from BBTS. It looked like Bugs Bunny's baseball from the old Loony Toons cartoon (the one where he proves the earth is round)

In Burlington our delivery services are second to last! Even when I'm home I'll get a card that says delivery was attempted, it's at the local office and I can pick it up the next day after one o'clock. I will give the ladies that work there all the damn credit in the world as they will bend over backwards to help and will usually just have the package waiting for me the same day.

I just got my update from eToys today. They are sending the Legends Jetfires and MP22s I have ordered from them (for other board members) But this is the first time they've asked me to declare a value. I told them $150, but I likely won't be charged extra when it drops.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:56 PM   #234
Window
Robot Master

Just got off the phone with Canada Post, confirmed not my normal mail carrier for the past two months which explains alot.

Amazed at the difference.

I will also give huge credit to the local post office employees because they do do their best to help you out most of the time especially if you're a regular.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:51 PM   #235
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I bring mine tea every time I go in. They have a pretty thankless job and I know it's not much but it's the little things that go a long way.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #236
Window
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
I bring mine tea every time I go in. They have a pretty thankless job and I know it's not much but it's the little things that go a long way.
Yea, our mail carrier gets a card for Christmas every year along with a timmies gift card. It is just being good people.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #237
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
... this is the first time they've asked me to declare a value. I told them $150, but I likely won't be charged extra when it drops.
They asked me that for eva-prime too as it was a large box, good thing I didn't get dinged by customs.

Quote:
Weirdo, getting paid is thanks enough
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:07 PM   #238
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window View Post
Yea, our mail carrier gets a card for Christmas every year along with a timmies gift card. It is just being good people.

That's pretty cool. I've never met my actual delivery person. They're like ghosts around my area. Never seen, seldom heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
They asked me that for eva-prime too as it was a large box, good thing I didn't get dinged by customs.

Weirdo, getting paid is thanks enough
My Order is 4 Magnus and 3 Jetfire so it's likely gonna be huge. Ha ha ha. Two of each are going to other boardies, one of each for me and an extra Magnus. I like to keep an extra in case someone forgot or missed the deadline to order, or sometimes I have a guest at work that likes to collect MP and I know I can flip it to him.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #239
Window
Robot Master

Quote:

That's pretty cool. I've never met my actual delivery person. They're like ghosts around my area. Never seen, seldom heard.

My Order is 4 Magnus and 3 Jetfire so it's likely gonna be huge. Ha ha ha. Two of each are going to other boardies, one of each for me and an extra Magnus. I like to keep an extra in case someone forgot or missed the deadline to order, or sometimes I have a guest at work that likes to collect MP and I know I can flip it to him.
I don't see him anymore since Canada Post changed their delivery hours in Toronto.

Last I saw him was just before Christmas and that was only because I was off that day and caught him.

I will say that John Tory did a good thing by increasing ticketing and towing parked vehicles on downtown streets, traffic has never been better!
Old 02-04-2015, 03:16 AM   #240
Oberon Prime
Beasty

So exactly a month ago I posted the question of how complete a torso the cab would make on its own for a little photo project I had planned.

Finally this past weekend I completed it and it turned out super well got tons of retweets and so I figured since some of those participating in this thread humoured my original inquiry I would share it here as well.

Just a little background. I purchased one of those Optimus Prime Pens produced by Sentinel. i was struck by how incredibly posable it was and so I came up with the idea to do this riff on the Elf on the Shelf and dubbed him Bad Optimus and had him get up to no good each night and started posting the photos to my Twitter account evenually using the hashtag #BadOptimus all through December up until the 25th. This was in the beginning for my young nieces and nephews who had gotten quite into Transformers themselves.

In the end it proved pretty popular and I couldn't keep a Bad Optimus down and so it evolved into me having him prank each figure I take pictures of in some way. In many cases done with a fixed camera in a story board of sorts.

At any rate here are the pictures I did to conclude my Ultra Magnus photoset.

MP_UltraMagnus037 by Oberon Prime, on Flickr

MP_UltraMagnus038 by Oberon Prime, on Flickr

MP_UltraMagnus039 by Oberon Prime, on Flickr

MP_UltraMagnus040 by Oberon Prime, on Flickr
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote