Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 04-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #51
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformer: The Last Knight Movie Premier Figures Released At Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
I disagree I bought an official gold Megatron for complete no box mind you for$ 95 shipped and
From Lena she us a good source
I wait till she gets the mp36 with out box complete
Or when TF direct GETS THE KO.
I doubt you can get MP36 without box from Lena, she might have connection with Chinese factories that got you the deal before, however now the MP lines are made in Vietnam.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #52
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
I disagree I bought an official gold Megatron for complete no box mind you for$ 95 shipped and
I wait till she gets the mp36 with out box complete
Or when TF direct GETS THE KO.
BUT YEAH THOSE DELUXES AND VOYAGERS ARE RIDICULOUS PRICES almost as bad as walls of bumblebees.
No you didn't.

You bought something "official" like someone buying something "official" from the back of a guy's truck in the parking lot of a mall. Don't get me wrong, I have bought from Lena before so I don't have any problem with that notion.

However that is by no means a legitimate comparison to the discussion about the new retail pricing. It would be like me saying I got the new Voltron figs, opened, from someone on Kijiji who says they have a contact. Then I turn around and say "see, much cheaper than going through retail options.". Of course it is cheaper, but that isn't retail which is what this discussion has been about.

Last edited by canprime; 04-11-2017 at 10:48 AM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #53
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I didn't pay $300+ for MP Megatron either, my $160 Despotron will do fine for half the price. Prices are getting nuts all over this hobby, so I'll have to buy fewer TFs.

The only figure I'll pay the new retail price for from this line is Leader Megatron, who I assume will now be $70? $75? Ugh.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:23 PM   #54
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Thats no different than braggin about buying these The Last Knight toys for $10 a piece from someone who stole them off the back of a truck.

Anyways, people have been asking fo the SKUs, and i have the ones for the one steps:

MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #55
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
The only figure I'll pay the new retail price for from this line is Leader Megatron, who I assume will now be $70? $75? Ugh.
Hasbro already revealed all the new price points in USD, so just do the conversion to see how much it will cost: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...toyfair/37379/

For instance, Leaders will be between $65-$70. Its not as big a hike as the others.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #56
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Hasbro already revealed all the new price points in USD, so just do the conversion to see how much it will cost: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...toyfair/37379/

For instance, Leaders will be between $65-$70. Its not as big a hike as the others.
Honestly the only price increase that is in line with the exchange is the Voyagers. ($30us-$40cdn). The rest are just price grabs. Deluxes are staying the same in US dollars, but a $10 CDN increase? Leaders are also staying at $50us but going over $65cdn? Again, seems like a price grab to me.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:41 PM   #57
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Has anyone gotten the SKUs yet?

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:35 PM   #58
Nocturn
Previously Dead

$30 deluxes are going to be a problem. The $40 voyagers isn't tooooo insane, but toys around the deluxe size that cost that much stay on the shelf for fucking ever.

Parent's aren't blowing $30 on a what, 5, 6-inch figure? When there's one next to it that's bigger and cheaper and junior would be just as happy with (or at least placated). The fact is, as others have said, $30 can get you a lot farther in other aisles of a TRU or walmart. Like a new board game often costs less, Lego sets start to get substantial and impressive around $30, hell it's halfway to a new video game. Unless prices on everything else go up simultaneously, the transformers brand suddenly looks a lot less attractive
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:57 PM   #59
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Deluxes are staying the same in US dollars, but a $10 CDN increase? Leaders are also staying at $50us but going over $65cdn? Again, seems like a price grab to me.
Deluxes in the US were 16.99 before this line: https://www.hasbro.com/en-us/product...8-7F4D93BF9BE2

Hasbro is increasing it by $3, so there is a price increase, it is not staying the same. And since our current deluxe price point is below what that conversion should be (deluxes should cost us $23 but they cant change the price midway in a line since they all have the same pricing per SKU), they are making up for it by increasing it by $10. We have been at an advantage so far and now they will be taking it away since they are losing money on the exchange.

Also, leaders ARE going up in price in the US. The current price point for leaders as said by hasbro is $45: https://www.hasbro.com/en-us/product...1-79103A1D2D10

So its a $5 price increase for them, translating in a $5-$10 increase for us.

I still dont like or agree with these prices but saying that they didnt increase in the US is false and misinformed.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #60
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

These better be the most beautifully premium decoed repaints we've ever seen, at this price point.

But to play devil's advocate: how many of us have imported Takara figures that (after factoring in shipping costs) netted out to 1.5x to 2x more than a mainline Hasbro figure in the same size class? What if you could buy a "premium" figure in Canada for a similar price?
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote