Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 06-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions
Think I can complete my Season 1 G1 Transformers for under $1000?

So I'm goingto TFcon this year hoping I can complete my G1 collection (season 1 bots and cons only) and im looking to bring around $1000 with me to the show to spend on toys, im really hoping I can finally complete my little collection of mint complete figures (comprised of originals, re-issues and kock offs)

Anyways, here's what I'm still needing

Autbots
---------
Wheeljack
Bluestreak found for 45
Sunstreaker found for 50
Bumblebee
Brawn found for 12
Sludge
Swoop

Decepticons
------------
Shockwave
Reflector found for 45
Megatron found for 100
Skywarp found for 40
Thundercracker found for 40

If I can find all of those in some form or another at the show I'd be stoked, but do you think I can do it for under $1000? Some of those guys like Shockwave and Sunstreaker and Swoop can get pretty pricey. Skywarp and Thundercracker im sure I can easily find the encore set for those dudes cheap enough.

Last edited by Mike; 07-28-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Think I can complete my Season 1 G1 Transformers for under $1000?

Hmmm:

Megatron (Takara reissue): $130
Shockwave (G1 mint): $170
Swoop (G1 mint): $150
Reflector (G1 mint): $150

That's $600 or so there. But the seekers could be around $120 for the pair (Hasbro or Takara reissues), so we're now at $720.

Brawn is your cheapest at $10 for reissue or original, and Bee (reissue) can be had at $20 I think, so $750.

That leaves $250 for Sludge, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, and Bluestreak and I don't think any of them have reissues from either Takara or Hasbro... that would be a tough score (~$50 each).

Of course, I'm about to get corrected out the wazzo over a bunch of this, so take my 2 cents with heavy doses of salt.

Short version: If you went for "Some not complete, minor flaws OK" then you could do it. "Mint and complete"? Difficult.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Protoman
The Legend

It's totally doable if you are willing to get reissues.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
justprime
Animated

Mint originals boxed not a chance,.. loose, missing acc.,in played with condition,.. possibly, most have been reissued but even at that pieces like megs will still fetch a good dollar since he was only a takara release, pieces like sunny,swoop and jack never made the reissue list and as such loose are still a few good bucks, the seekers reissues can be found around the 45.00 mark, mini bots loose around the 10.00 give or take, KO's like swoop,megs and shocky still command high dollar's (for a KO) good luck with your search, let us know how you make out.

P.S. by the way what is your budget per piece? or are you going to just go with the flow?
justprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

Our table at TFCon will help you with a bunch of this... I'd not be so certain about the Reflector or the Shockwave fitting in as you expect as they were actually not released as toys until Season 2 - 1985 edition. None-the- less, vintage Shockwave can sell for 175 to 225-ish, if he's all working and in good condition, while Reflector... I recently sold one in-box for 260 and the unboxed vintage ones don't go for much less.

If you're absolutely looking to complete them all under 1K and you don't care to mix vintage, reissue, and KOs, then you have a fighting chance, as we know of a couple of dealers that can get you KO Reflectors and Shockwaves for less than $100 or so each, but the KO pieces may be parking lot deals as they usually are not permitted on the selling floor, and they usually have some flaws.

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Autbots
---------
Wheeljack - KO $40
Bluestreak - Hasbro Commemorative Reissue and KO $40
Sunstreaker - KO - $45
Bumblebee - Encore, KO, Orig $40-50 for complete encore, $10 on its own
Brawn - KO - $10
Sludge - KO - $40
Swoop - KO $40

Decepticons
------------
Shockwave - KO $75
Reflector - KO - $50
Megatron - Reissue Encore or TFC - $100ish
Skywarp/Thundercracker - Encore 11 Reissue - $80

I doubt all this will be at TFCon for these prices, but they can definitely be obtained for well under $1000.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

If your serious about it bring $800 cash and scout around for who has what you're looking for. There will be many different vendors there selling G1.

You'll be hard pressed to find someone who would say no to $800 cash money in there face. And if there dumb enough to play hardball walk away and enjoy the show. Come back and the 11th hour and offer $750. They'll most likely be happy with $800, and again if they say no then walk. $1000 is way too much for those figures in my opinion.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions

I'll definitly be shopping around before I make any purchase (unless I see an obvious good deal)

I snagged some pretty awesome deals last year, like a near mint complete original snarl for $40 bucks (see pics below), then I spent 7 bucks to get him reprolabels so he looks really amazing. There's a few marks in the paint and a sratch here and there but not really too noticable

I also picked up a mint and complete Gears and Windcharger, I think I paid $8 for Windcharger and $7 for Gears.

yeah I don't care about Knock Off's, they're all toys to me, doesnt matter which factory they came from. I have Devastator and Mirage HQ KO's, and they're amazing! Just as good as re-issues (which also have their flaws)

Last edited by Mike; 06-17-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #9
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

OK, so if the HQ KO's and reprolabels and small scratches are OK then yes, I think you can get that list for $1000 or less.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

The big question is if you're trying to go vintage or not, and if KO figures will be acceptable or not, and also the condition of the figures themselves.

Do-able for under $1,000? Sure. But it'll take a whole lot of searching and hunting and haggling. Especially if you're trying to get all of the accessories.

As for G1 Megatron, look for a "King Monarch". Just do what you can to not transform him more than twice, the figure gets pretty damned loose. But he does shoot bullets, more than a vintage G1 Megatron did. Oh, the parts are interchangeable with reissue Megatron figures, but NOT vintage Megatron.

Remember that: vintage Megatron needs his vintage scope, stock, and silencer. There's a very slightly different sizing with the vintage and reissues. Its just enough to bend plastic and cause stress marks. Something nobody wants.

Last edited by Shepp; 06-17-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote