Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-24-2008, 12:39 AM   #1
Pascal
Banned
TFTM2 toys

I was reading that thread on tfw2005 and somehow some fans thought that Hasbro would give us slightly remolded or recolored TFMT1 molds (think Premium Prime vs 1st version Prime). I think it's very unlikely. I'm 200% sure we will get brand new molds even if they represent the same characters/vehicles. I mean, look at how many different molds of Prime or Bumblebee we got... I'm sure they'd be able to come up with 5 different new ways of transforming them both for a new line of toys if needed.

Seriously, that'd be really bad marketing to try to sell molds developped in 2005-2006 for a brand new movie to be released in 2009 where super high-tech will be the buzzword...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
Spacemonkey
Energon
Re: TFTM2 toys

And i'ts not a crazy idea to think that some existing caracters could gain some upgrades that would impose new molds.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:07 AM   #3
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
And i'ts not a crazy idea to think that some existing caracters could gain some upgrades that would impose new molds.
I'm thinking the same thing. And even if they don't look different in the second movie, I'm sure hasbro will have new molds.

While many of the molds were good, there was much room for improvement / development. Even with CC BB they could do things better. Or worse. It is Hasbro after all. Sometimes I wonder what the designers are thinking...

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:20 AM   #4
Pascal
Banned

Well, it must be much tougher to design a full Transformers line (seriously, how many unique transforming molds for the movie line?) than a non-transforming Iron Man or Indiana Jones line...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:21 AM   #5
mildtowild
Machine War

one thing that i have learned is that i will only buy the characters in the movie insted of every repaint or irrelevent mold. I have spent way to much.
mildtowild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:41 AM   #6
Incepticon
Double Agent

I didn't think this was even up for speculation anymore since Hasbro basically confirmed @ BotCon that they'll be making newer/better molds of any returning characters. They even made a point to say that they'll make a stronger effort to maintain relative size scales for the sequel figures as well.

The only way I could maybe see them re-releasing some of the original figures is either as pre-sequel hype (ie: as a sort of last chance to grab the originals) or via several evolution/legacy themed 2-packs of Prime, Megs, BB, Starscream, etc.

Beyond that, yeah, there's no way they'll just slap new paint on what will be over 2 year old figures and try selling them as 'new' sequel versions.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:29 AM   #7
ohnaji
Beasty

I'm hoping Hasbro refines the automorph gimmick. This feature worked well on some of my favorite figures from this line and there's tremendous potential for it too work better in the future. However, I could live without this gimmick altogether if it meant we got better transformations and articulation. Leader Prime would have been infinitely better if it had a waist joint, and I would love to see a working battlemask for Bumblebee.
Hasbro has got a reputation for recycling molds, but they wouldn't do that for a multi-million dollar venture. The returning core characters will probably go through more than just cosmetic changes.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #8
ChrisW
Thread Killer

While it's all but guaranteed that the main cast will receive new molds, I would not be surprised if some of the Movie 1 deluxes ended up being repainted into the Movie 2 line. Repaints of Longarm, Payload, and Wreckage, for example.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:55 AM   #9
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

I figure with existing characters we will get a different mix of class sizes as well, a deluxe or leader Ratchet, leader or voyager Bumblebee for example.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:46 AM   #10
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnaji View Post
I'm hoping Hasbro refines the automorph gimmick. This feature worked well on some of my favorite figures from this line and there's tremendous potential for it too work better in the future. However, I could live without this gimmick altogether if it meant we got better transformations and articulation.

I too could live without the automorph gimmick in favor of better transformations/designs. Although when done well, it did enhance the transformation. (eg: CC BB, Ironhide)

Last edited by pud333; 05-24-2008 at 03:48 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote