Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-17-2007, 01:09 AM   #1
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
HLJ - Lessoned learned.

So, I decide to help my wife with some Christmas shopping and place an order for Revoltech Prime & Megs from HLJ. I swear that I clicked EMS shipping, but the email confirmation said SAL. I email them right away to see about correcting this mistake.

I hear back from them today saying changes to the order cannot be done. The order has not shipped yet, I have not received my shipping quote yet... WTF? I basically sent them another email stating WTF, but I do not see it getting me anywhere.

Guess this will be a late Christmas gift now. Ah well, you live and learn. I guess I should have cancelled the order and reordered it with the correct shipping. This seems a little ass-backwards to me... but whatever.

Any other experiences with these guys?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:17 AM   #2
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: HLJ - Lessoned learned.

HLJ--EMS=SAL-WTF? Guess your just SOL

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:19 AM   #3
Pascal
Banned

Why not order from A3U? I think they have both in stock?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:24 AM   #4
jourdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Why not order from A3U? I think they have both in stock?
Last time I had checked neither Kooltoyz or A3U had both in stock. I was looking at picking up the pair together. Otherwise... yeah, I would have.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:39 AM   #5
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

HLJ's system for ordering is extremely out of date or unreasonable for customers who wish to have their shipments made all at once. You can't order items that are instock and yet-to-arrive and have them both shipped together.

For an online retailer that sells so much, it's surprising why they haven't updated their system on ordering items. It's not particularly user-friendly or easy to understand.

The only thing that helps them is their low prices, but mediocre-to-poor website interface.

Then again, we've sort of been "spoiled" by BBTS' Pile of Loot or other online retailers who are reasonable on shipping items sooner/later.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:48 AM   #6
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post

I hear back from them today saying changes to the order cannot be done. The order has not shipped yet, I have not received my shipping quote yet... WTF? I basically sent them another email stating WTF, but I do not see it getting me anywhere.
You can try changing your shipping method under by login into your account preferences.

I've ordered from them on several occasions and I've been satisfied so far. I'm pretty sure they don't do the loot shipping that BBTS offers mainly because, if I'm not mistaken, they were running it all at somebody's house and didn't have the space. With their recent move to a bigger building, I'm actually hoping that policy will change.
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:01 AM   #7
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I have had nothing but good experiences with HLJ. But then again, I don't use those fancy "do not ship until I tell you to!" options that some sites like BBTS provides. When a pre-order comes in, or when I place an "in Stock" order, I have it shipped right aways.
Mumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #8
jourdo

Well I've changed my payment options (from credit card to paypal), which should give me a chance to review the shipping charges. Hopefully this corrects things.

How long does it take for things to ship after ordering?

Old 12-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #9
BlitzFire
Generation 1
Send a message via MSN to BlitzFire

whats HLJ?

tfw2005 Feedback My Ebay Feedback
BlitzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #10
noodle
...in a cup.

HLJ is HobbyLink Japan. It's an online store that is located in Japan that sells a large variety of products from Transformers, Gundams, PVCs to Military Model kits. There website is http://www.hlj.com/