Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-20-2015, 01:19 PM   #31
Pascal
Banned
Re: Takara Vs. Fans Toys

All Warbotron toys display the same type of engineering, finish, etc, order of release is irrelevant here. Kronos looks pretty primitive compared to the Giga dinos, even though they were both roughly being designed around the same time. Plus, didn't the Daca guy said he was pretty much done doing toys after the Kronos debacle?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:53 PM   #32
OLDMR
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
Considering the strong rumour is that Giga is Da-caca Toys. I wouldn't touch Giga with a 10 foot pole until it gets positive reviews. I doubt that will happen.

I really don't think Giga is Daca. If it was I would be more inclined to purchase Giga as Kronos is one of my favorite puchases from last year. In fact I had fix way more QC issues with Scoria over Kronos and Scoria still has trouble holding his sword. Plus the gash across his visor can never be fixed. Hate for Kronos is unjust.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	27083  

Last edited by OLDMR; 01-20-2015 at 01:56 PM.
OLDMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:17 PM   #33
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
Maybe a dumb question, but I thought only takara and hasbro make masterpiece transformers?

Kinda like when my mom used to buy me "Johnny hilfigger" jeans and try to tell me they were the same thing...
Not a dumb question. When people talk this way they are referring to the scale and aesthetic as being in line with the Hastak Masterpiece line, not to a line of toys specifically created and produced by Hasbro or Takara.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:12 PM   #34
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave1976 View Post
I think FT would do an amazing Sky Lynx.
+10000000

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave1976 View Post
It doesn't matter to me who does them, as long as we get what we've been getting,
To me it would matter, as I feel not all companies offer the same level of quality materials. Also, feel and finish of the materials is also important. X-Transbot Wheelie is a good example. Looks masterpiece, but does it feel masterpiece?

Also, Complex, does not a Masterpiece make. Is Feral Rex a Masterpiece? That is up for debate (looking at Rev getting ready to post his rebutal )

Even for me, Quakewave didn't cut the mustard in the materials department compared to Scoria and Soar. It was their first figure and I can see they have drastically improved on material quality and feel with the Dibots.

So what is Masterpiece? That's a whole thread on its own. It seems to mean something different to everyone.

Giga is new and we will soon see if big scale = Masterpiece. Personally, the design, look and finish are as important as the scale. But these Gigasaurs look more Generations than Masterpiece to me. So the look part of the equation fails to calculate for me.

Also, DaCa is not Giga. DaCa is Collection Kingdom aka CK aka the same crew making the KO MP-10, KO MP-10 BAPE, EVA and White Prime about to be released.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #35
OLDMR
Beast Machine

I feel it comes down to the hands if they are fully articulated or open and close plus are "in scale" that's masterpiece.

There was too many great 3rd party figures last to count 3rd party figures out of the MP line
Old 01-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #36
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDMR View Post
I feel it comes down to the hands if they are fully articulated or open and close plus are "in scale" that's masterpiece.

There was too many great 3rd party figures last to count 3rd party figures out of the MP line
So MP Ultra Magnus doesn't count, or MP Bumblebee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
+10000000

Also, Complex, does not a Masterpiece make. Is Feral Rex a Masterpiece? That is up for debate (looking at Rev getting ready to post his rebutal )

Even for me, Quakewave didn't cut the mustard in the materials department compared to Scoria and Soar. It was their first figure and I can see they have drastically improved on material quality and feel with the Dibots.
I'm no longer speaking to you.

Would somebody please tell Multiplex that Quakewave is a Masterpiece and that it has lots of die cast, perfect balance and possibility, and that it is unfair to compare a monotone purple lazer gun with a chrome filled dinobot? Somebody? Cause I'm not speaking to him any more.

I think a feral Rex is stunning. The centre of my collection. But it is not a masterpiece. One, it is not to scale, two, it does not emulate the cartoon closely enough. Three, it just doesn't have that masterpiece feel. And yet it sits alongside my MP collection without looking out of place.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:57 PM   #37
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

I think master piece need to meet these 2 standards
1. quality
2. G1 show accuracy
that's why MMC feral Rex is not MP, since it doesn't meet #2.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:57 PM   #38
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post

I'm no longer speaking to you.
Thanks for the late Xmas gift.

Quote:

I think a feral Rex is stunning. The centre of my collection. But it is not a masterpiece.
Thanks for agreeing with me. Makes my day
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:59 PM   #39
Rev
Addict

Old 01-20-2015, 11:16 PM   #40
OLDMR
Beast Machine

Quote:
So MP Ultra Magnus doesn't count, or MP Bumblebee?

Ultra Magnus falls into that category his hands aren't as articulated as I'd like but they open and close. BB on the other hand I was on the fence with him until I got him and he is the exception to my MP rule.