Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 04-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #11
Stapler
Nexus Maximus
Re: Animated Computron -- Activator Technobots Unite!

Your Megatron to Lightspeed idea is just genius! Keep it coming, bud.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #12
ne0
Generation 2

WOW, this is amazing!!!

What did you use to make afterburner?
ne0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #13
Prime Roller
Introspective Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0 View Post
WOW, this is amazing!!!

What did you use to make afterburner?

Well, the base as you know is from Activators Megatron, but the rest of the parts are from a mix of TFs, real and KO. (as some of you might have noticed, all 3 of my works in progress that I've posted have KO parts... I got a LOT of KOs last time I was in China)
The 'forks' to the front wheel are from a KO Armada Jetfire.
The little red parts at the end of the forks are from a Beast Wars Elephant (called Ironhide, I think).
The front wheel is from two Zoids (i think) wheels cut down and glued back-to-back.
The back wheel is from Optimal Optimus, and held on with magnets.

The front wheel can steer side to side, and rotate up and down for 'arm' mode where it joins on, and the Activators transformation gimmick still works, albeit the front wheel assembly is too heavy for the spring to pull it up on it's own, so it must be falling down while 'activating' it. I'm looking forward to getting into the painting!

Last edited by Prime Roller; 04-22-2009 at 02:07 AM.
Prime Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #14
Prime Roller
Introspective Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
Why are you moving to Taiwan?
For toys! No, just kidding. My girlfriend is living there right now; I'm bored in Canada with my warehouse job; I have several better jobs lined up in Taiwan; I have an apartment there already; I want to live in a place again where I can exist using Mandarin (before I forget even more!); I have a motorcycle there already; The weather there is awesome; I can have a pet mantis again; I only have to work about 20 hours a week there to make more than what I make now at 40 hours; etc. etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Sorry to hear Canada is losing you to that free market paradise that is Taiwan. You are still going to hang around here, right?
Oh, I'll be around... and we all should set up a little shipping exchange action between here and Taiwan. I'll be getting a lot of Japanese version stuff there, but sometimes want the hasbro version, or store exclusives and whatnot. You'll be seeing me.
And I'll keep the project progress reports coming without leaving y'all hanging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Predaking View Post
Damn, that's so crazy it might just work.
Yah Dude, it seemed crazy to me at first too, then upon looking at the Megatron toy, I realized it was too easy to be true!
And if you think this is crazy, wait a few months for my Lugnut as Protectobot Blades! (Prowl to Groove; Jazz to Streetwise; Ratchet to First Aid; and Ultra Magnus to Hot Spot -- Yowza!)

Thanks for all the stoked words everyone! I was hoping some of you would find this cool because I was pretty excited while I was building it. I hope I can get a work area set up in Taiwan soon. I fly out on Tuesday the 28th, but my boxes won't be there for a looooong ol' time.

Last edited by Prime Roller; 04-22-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #15
Prime Roller
Introspective Reflector

Well Dudes, I'm happy to see that TFcon went well and everyone had a good time and saw some cool stuff!

I've just arrived in Taiwan and just by chance while parking my scooter, found a great little toy shop.... no TFs but a lot of cheap crap that'll be good for parts. Found a great nose drillbit for my Activators Bulkhead to Nosecone project!!

Tomorrow I'm gonna check out Toys R Us to see what they got. Better not just be Movie Camshaft and Salvage (that have been warming shelves in Canada for 2 years!). Hoping for a purple Animated Shockwave!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #16
Wheelie
Riding on Grimlocks back!

It must be nice to have the imagination to come up with things like this. This looks like it will be one very cool combiner when it's finished.

As for the TF exchange just ask and one of us will be more then willing to help you out, just like you would for us.
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:06 AM   #17
Prime Roller
Introspective Reflector

Thank you MotoMaster.

There's lots of good imagination surrounding a hobby like this. The kitbashing is awesome fun -- playing and building, building playthings. I wish my skills were as developed as some of the incredible artwork I see created out of this stuff. It's fun to be doing something with Animated stuff.
I saw somebodies mock up of Animated Menasor. Leader Bulkhead as Motormaster looks rad.

I've sketched out plans for an Animated Menasor as well, and an Animated Defensor. My Menasor will also use Bulkhead as Motormaster; Blurr as Dragstrip; Jazz as Dead End; Blazing Lockdown as Wildrider; and Bumblebee as Breakdown (these were chosen based more on the Stunticons personalities rather than their alt modes). And if we get a Wheeljack, Arcee, Rodimus, or Hotshot toy, I may use one or more of these.
Defensor will have Ultra Magnus as Hot Spot; Prowl as Groove; Ratchet as First Aid; Jazz as Streetwise; and Lugnut as Blades (Blades is going to take some reshelling to make it work. yikes!).

Too many ideas, too much excitement, not enough hours away from 'real life' stuff. I'd love to see somebody take these ideas and make 'em happen! I'm out of kitbash commission for a bit until my stuff gets here by slow boat.

p.s. I saw some cool stuff at a Toys R Us here in Taiwan.

Last edited by Prime Roller; 05-03-2009 at 03:09 AM.

Tags
activators, animated, combiner, computron, technobots