Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #81
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Intersing find!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalprime View Post
yes i did. But, TRU didnt loose profit, they still kept the 32.xx that i paid. WM gave me store credit for it, when i used to buy a figure. Thus, no one loses. it wouldnt matter where i went with it because i basically exchanged a figure for another one. regardless of the store.
Comments like this will take you down a very slippery slop. Walmart DID lose in this deal (something you really need to realize). They gave you $32.XX (for example) to use in their store that you really had no right to.

Just because other people do something, does not make it ok.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #82
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I bought them, and it is my problem that I don't like them as much as I thought I would. Why should the store pay for my mistake?
This is probably the most important thing that people who return things for the reason that "they don't like it" overlook.
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #83
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Now now, lets not over react. You can let him know how you feel but insulting him is not cool.
sorry, I over reacted, why should I waste my time on someone like him

Quote:
I agree with this. I don't think the store has any responsibility on taking something like this because "you don't like it". Faulty/defective... yes. Because you realized a toy was not as cool as you thought it would be... no.

I've got an Animated Cybertron mode Megatron and Optimus Prime sitting in my closet because I thought I wanted them at the time. I never have opened them, and they really do not wow me from what I have seen. I can easily return these to Walmart and "trade-up" to something I do want... but I'm not going to. I bought them, and it is my problem that I don't like them as much as I thought I would. Why should the store pay for my mistake?

A very fair question. I'd rather someone be honest about it, regardless of the reason. It is dirty pool to return a defective toy and say it is fine because the store will absolutely put it back out (Not fair to the consumer). On the other side of the coin, it is not really fair to the store who will lose money on returning the "defective" toy that has nothing wrong with it.
exactly, well said Mr.Jourdo.

Last edited by astrana; 07-23-2009 at 12:24 PM.
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #84
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Jourdo has pretty much nailed it across the board.
The goal of selling is to end up with a positive equation. The "toy swap" is always a negative equation. Paperwork and processing always costs money.
To each their own. I'm not here to preach to anyone. This is just the way I choose to live my life and hopefully my children learn from my example.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #85
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

all this fighting over animated starscream..lol.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #86
BeeBoy29
Alternator

Quote:
lol..u said u wanted opinon's didnt you?

Quote:
It's not a case of me being "sneaky" and I did not feel guilt. I didn't just stuff the figure in any old way I packaged it JUST as I got it I even tied it to the plastic case. There was no loss to any party involved I didn't scam anyone and I don't feel guilt I just wanted to hear opinions.

Last edited by BeeBoy29; 07-23-2009 at 01:26 PM.
BeeBoy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #87
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Comments like this will take you down a very slippery slop. Walmart DID lose in this deal (something you really need to realize). They gave you $32.XX (for example) to use in their store that you really had no right to.

Just because other people do something, does not make it ok.
well said.

Quote:
it not over animated ss no more,it's about scruples and values.sure it was nice and all that you put it all back nicely in the box,but you still went and pulled a fast one at walmart with a product from tru.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #88
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

^ same here. In all my years of excessive spending I can only remember returning one toy.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #89
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:

the figures sucked balls, i was not ahppy with them. I was brought up in such a way that if i needed to return something, it would be in its original condition.
If you weren't happy with it, then why did you keep for so long instead of returning it right away? You must have liked it enough to the point where you tossed the reciept. Were you also brought up not to take advantage of others. Because that's what you're doing.

Quote:
yes, its to insure they would take it back, (more of a chance than returning something in a disgusting state) and what does this have to do with moral standards? im returning a toy, not a car. so what if someone picks up that animated ss? perhaps I got a figure someone else returned.
Here's what it means in terms of moral standards.

Your screwing someone else over.

It doesn't matter if it's a car or a $.05 candy. Just because you got a bit of a raw deal doesn't mean it's ok for you pass it along to the next person. The attitude you're taking is, as long as I get what I want the rest of the world can screw-off.

If you're not sure if you want a figure, there are dosens of videos on youtube reviewing them. It's not perfect but you can get an strong idea of whether you'll like a figure or not before you even open the box.

You asked for opinions, you got them. As someone way wiser than me once said, be careful for what you ask for, you might get it.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #90
RodimusMatrix
Beasty

My theroy is why a buy a figure if you don't like it i mean all it is money down the drain if you need the figure to add to the collection then that is a different story but buying it for the hell of it is a waste of time and money...
________
Weed News

Last edited by RodimusMatrix; 03-09-2011 at 10:23 PM.
RodimusMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote