Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 AM   #1
RedOktobre
Alternator
Screen Battle Class

Hi fellow TF collectors!

I can't decide to get these guys are not. I'm totally sitting on the fence with this one.

I do know that Longarm in Final Stand has the extra Mikaela as the driver. Also, Scorponok in Desert Attack has a desert paint job. Frenzy in Barricade cannot be removed in First Encounter. Are there any other differences? Also, is BB any different in Capture of BB?

Assuming that you buy one of the sets for $ 24.99, you are paying about $ 3.33 (before taxes) for each extra figurine. Do you guys think it's worth it?

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:55 AM   #2
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Screen Battle Class

Not if you have them already, the little extras aren't worth it. That said if you keep stuff MIB(which I don't ) they do look neat with the backgrounds.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:06 AM   #3
Pascal
Banned

I sold my regular Longarm, '08 Bumblebee, Scorponok and Barricade to make room for those sets (well, I kept my reprolabeled Barricade and sold the one with black Frenzy instead). I really like them, the human figures are a must imo. I removed the windows but still use the boxes to display them. PLus, the top of the boxes creates another small shelf to display my Legends and Real Gear figures.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:41 AM   #4
Protoman
The Legend

Yeah they are one of those things either you buy them cause you don't own the molds already or you buy them and keep them MIB cause they look great in their "enviroment". The Bumblebee set has different paint apps, he uses more greys then blacks on his body and looks nicer then the current single deluxe Bumblebee Concept.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:06 AM   #5
pud333
Animated

For the price they're at in stores ($25-$30) range, I don't think it's worth it. Perhaps if there was a sale.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
familyman
Generation 2

I bought the longarm one, it is ok, having a driver inside is cool, but I mainly bought it for the damaged bumblebee which was waste of time. they mold is awful and I mean awful with a capital crap!. I already had a longarm so i really wasted my money, I am an opener and was very dissapointed. I would say they are not worth it. On another not though the Frenzy can come out of the Barricade but you have to undo 4 screws and pry the plastic abit.
Looking back I should of just bought another bumblebee and custom damaged it, which I thik I will do, as my son really likes to play with the Bumblebee that came with longarm.
familyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I saw them and am not interested. The re-paints are not worth it IMO, and while the little figures are cool, they just don't warrent the price tag.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #8
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I saw them and am not interested. The re-paints are not worth it IMO, and while the little figures are cool, they just don't warrent the price tag.
This is how I feel as well. Neat... but not that neat.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #9
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Longarm also has a different sticker so he's movie accurate instead of a reference to Aaron Archer.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:47 PM   #10
RedOktobre
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Not if you have them already, the little extras aren't worth it. That said if you keep stuff MIB(which I don't ) they do look neat with the backgrounds.
Yes, they're neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
... I removed the windows but still use the boxes to display them. PLus, the top of the boxes creates another small shelf to display my Legends and Real Gear figures.
Hey, that's a neat ideal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Yeah they are one of those things either you buy them cause you don't own the molds already or you buy them and keep them MIB cause they look great in their "enviroment". The Bumblebee set has different paint apps, he uses more greys then blacks on his body and looks nicer then the current single deluxe Bumblebee Concept.
Totally agree with you about the "environment". Didn't know that BB was a repaint. Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
For the price they're at in stores ($25-$30) range, I don't think it's worth it. Perhaps if there was a sale.
I'm thinking of getting two of them at Ages 3 & Up for $ 24.99 each. Help out Spencer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyman View Post
I bought the longarm one, it is ok, having a driver inside is cool, but I mainly bought it for the damaged bumblebee which was waste of time. they mold is awful and I mean awful with a capital crap!. I already had a longarm so i really wasted my money, I am an opener and was very dissapointed. I would say they are not worth it. On another not though the Frenzy can come out of the Barricade but you have to undo 4 screws and pry the plastic abit.
Looking back I should of just bought another bumblebee and custom damaged it, which I thik I will do, as my son really likes to play with the Bumblebee that came with longarm.
The Final Stand one doesn't interest me anymore after hearing your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
This is how I feel as well. Neat... but not that neat.
"neat" appears to be the theme of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
Longarm also has a different sticker so he's movie accurate instead of a reference to Aaron Archer.
Hmm... didn't know that.

Possible Conclusion: Buy Capture of BB and Desert Attack.

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote