Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
RedOktobre
Alternator
Transformer collection for $ One Million USD$

Holy crap!

Is this for real????

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Ultimate-Box...QQcmdZViewItem

Do you guys believe in the origin of the collection?

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
C_Shewins
Robot Master
Re: Transformer collection for $ One Million USD$

Kind of hard to believe........Do you believe it? LOL
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:33 AM   #3
darthrage
Beast Machine

no Transformers collection, I don't care how many you have or if you have 1 of every single Transformers memorabilia including but not limited to toys EVER PRODUCED BY HASBRO AND TAKARA COMBINED, it is still not worth one million

What's ridiculous is that no average person would have $1 million to spend on toys

unless you are a celebrity who just watched the movie and decided to start collecting
Old 07-10-2007, 12:39 AM   #4
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban-samurai View Post
no Transformers collection, I don't care how many you have or if you have 1 of every single Transformers memorabilia including but not limited to toys EVER PRODUCED BY HASBRO AND TAKARA COMBINED, it is still not worth one million

What's ridiculous is that no average person would have $1 million to spend on toys

unless you are a celebrity who just watched the movie and decided to start collecting
What's your estimate then?
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 AM   #5
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

What's with the SOB story? Come on, you gotta be kidding me, no buyer really cares that much whether their money spent on an ebay bid is going to a scalper or a person trying to get out of debt. If it was for charity, maybe, but that wouldn't really apply here.

I'd say the collection would be worth $10,000 at best, depending on the box condition.

P.S. Whatever happened to that auction in Alberta of a person selling his deceased brother's TF collection? Did it ever sell?
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #6
darthrage
Beast Machine

take away 2 zeros and they would have probably have a buyer after a few relists.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:35 AM   #7
chisau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtwynd View Post
What's your estimate then?

any collection no matter what size, when it comes down to logic, they are still toys. you can only get $210,000 top. because beyond that, i can get a really nice super-car for that money. like lambogini or porsh turbo. and they are much more fun then any old toys.

However, these toys do have heavy historic value. If she is smart, she would open her own business and donate these toys to a museum and get a $1M tax write off.

either that or sell them to a high end drug dealer that need to eliminate some cash. you can't really expect to win the lotto by selling old toys. even if they are collectables. then again, there are also a lot of stupid people with lots of money in the world too. (example = paris hulton)

Last edited by chisau; 07-10-2007 at 02:38 AM.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:17 AM   #8
darthrage
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisau View Post
any collection no matter what size, when it comes down to logic, they are still toys. you can only get $210,000 top. because beyond that, i can get a really nice super-car for that money. like lambogini or porsh turbo. and they are much more fun then any old toys.

However, these toys do have heavy historic value. If she is smart, she would open her own business and donate these toys to a museum and get a $1M tax write off.

either that or sell them to a high end drug dealer that need to eliminate some cash. you can't really expect to win the lotto by selling old toys. even if they are collectables. then again, there are also a lot of stupid people with lots of money in the world too. (example = paris hulton)
EXACTLY!! They are just toys. Its not about the monetary value of these things when you think about it. When you are talking about this kind of high dollar value amount, you should really ask yourself do you really need it and is it a necessity. Because when you compare it to necessity, we are talking about 1 or 2 houses or several cars. So ask yourself again, can that amount of toys be which can probably fit into 6x 3 foot by 3 foot cubic boxes be traded in for your house even though you really wanted to toys?

The seller is making a ridiculous asking price.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:26 AM   #9
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

They're probably trying to have a wealthy person feel sorry for them simply to purchase it.

There are crazy auctions on Ebay all the time, I'm sure this one just tops the cake when it comes to transformers toys. Probably cheaper just to buy it separately, or even the Takara/Hasbro reissues.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:43 AM   #10
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise

the insain asking price aside. that is a nice collection. I think if i won the lottery. i would still never pay 1 million dollars. like think how many people or arnt eating or are sick that you could help with that money.
ANDROID PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote