Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #61
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
Re: GF, Wives, "Society" and collecting Transformers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Be wary of that, cause initial toleration can evolve into more problems. Like I said before, you have to think about how important TF collecting is to you, and then measure the quality of the current woman in your life. Cause let me tell you EVEN FOR ME, sometimes I would pick buying a couple of deluxe toys over taking some of my exs to dinner. But again like I said sometimes. Don't be a fool because she is the only woman in your life, if you detect something is wrong on the ol Spidey Sense, and you REALLY love collecting your beloved Cybertronians you might arise at a big conflict later on. It happened to even me.

Initially she tolerated it, then Robots In Disguise came out, I bought it all, she complained...... sorry baby, "the door is that-a-way, Fire Convoy is just more important"
Fortunately, it hasn't come to that. I've never given up the opportunity to make her happy for a chance to buy more toys.
Collecting TFs is something that makes me happy, but if it's gonna get into the way of my relationship with my girlfriend (been with her for... heading onto 4 years now), I'd easily get rid of it all (minus a few select pieces, of course).

She does know how I feel towards this plastic crack though. Her main concern isn't whether or not I'm more focused on my toy collection than on her, but rather the amount of money that's being spent (she seems to think I'm spending more than I really am, although I rarely get any mainstream TF at retail). Then again, she's an accountant, so her perception of the value of money isn't the same as mine. :P
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #62
Pascal
Banned

Protoman, you sound like you prefer robots to women, period.

My wife and FreedomGundam's GF think pretty much alike.

Last edited by Pascal; 03-05-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:48 AM   #63
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Protoman, you sound like you prefer robots to women, period.

My wife and FreedomGundam's GF think pretty much alike.
I dunno, I guess with me the woman in my life needs to be onboard the TF train or she has to walk, finding a new girlfriend is never a problem, finding one worth keeping is.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:05 AM   #64
Pascal
Banned

Acceptance of my collecting habit ranks very, very low on the list of things I'm (or was, since I'm married) looking for in a woman. Tu vas finir vieux garçon avec tes robots si ça continue.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #65
-KG-
Kranix

It has to rank high if it's part of who you are. Not only does my gf support me, but she collects as well.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:50 AM   #66
MightAsWell Go4ASoda

Well for me, being a woman, it wouldn't be a necessity but it sure as hell would help if he understood my addiction or collected themselves as well. I find it more attractive when a guy is into the same things i am, especially transformers since it's becoming a part of my lifestyle now. Not saying they have to be, but it helps.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:42 AM   #67
Spacemonkey
Energon

Even she doesn't like TFs and other "boys toys", my girl friend doesn't have any problemes with my little toy addiction. It's a hobby like an other and I'm not in the hardcore way,I only spent a part of my free time on it. She knew my habit before we get together, so she took me for who and what i am and she's not trying to change me. I must be able to pay my part of the bills, afford some common activities and projects and the most important, to take care of our newborn baby. All is on how you define your priorities in your relationship.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #68
bambam
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Stealth M.C. View Post
You don't have to necessarily "hide" it, but don't throw it out there unless you know the people you're with are gonna find it charming/cute. A good buddy and I both work out often and are able to talk and joke around with people very comfortably, so they're generally shocked when they find out about the vastness of our comic/toy trivia knowledge and our Batman and TF collections. It's a lot of fun!
That would be me. My co-workers are baffled that I would annually spend my vacation days on a big summer convention like SDCC. My GF was initially shocked at my sizable toy collection, but got over it. I think it's more acceptable (and slightly expected) because I'm an "Asianeer."
bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #69
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Is it me or do Japanese robots (Transformers, Gundam, Macross, etc.) run in the Asian blood?
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #70
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_rage View Post
Is it me or do Japanese robots (Transformers, Gundam, Macross, etc.) run in the Asian blood?
I believe the doctors actually stick an intravenous tube right into your arm when you're born. Instant addict!

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote