Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 03-11-2024, 04:02 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Top 10 Versions of Rodimus Prime/Hot Rod

After a couple years and several fan requests, here are the results for top 10 versions of Rodimus Prime/Hot Rod. I won't lie, I avoided this topic a very long time as I really don't dig many versions of the character (in fact, I only like one version and it isn't G1), and I knew a very popular iteration of the character would garner lots of support, despite my feelings to the contrary. This list pained me a bit lol.
https://youtu.be/bfG6TxFZBj0
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 04:16 PM   #2
OptimusB38
Optimus B
Re: Top 10 Versions of Rodimus Prime/Hot Rod

Lost light IDW
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 05:01 PM   #3
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

10 - I picked this up back when it was out, a rare instance of me buying a TF during the post BW break, meh I liked it enough
9 - ya sure
8 - never handled it
7 - Hahaha, I bought this guy too, what can I say at least it was a "different take" - and his big ol' sh*t kickin boots were pretty fun
6 - was THIS close to buying the (Lockdown?) retool, but ended up getting the SS version instead, thank goodness - a fun little mold, some clearances a bit tight (I'd use the instructions here)
5 - the Comemmorative is my jam here, got the lil targetmaster & everything (too bad I sheared one of the thigh stickers off like an idiot) - he was my cake-topper stand-in at my wedding!
4 - barf, I bought into the hype and I pretty much regret it, he's been fully replaced by now - at least the inner bot was my CHUG HR stand-in for a short bit
3 - never handled it
2 - THERE HE IS, my dude
1 - of course I have this, and it's fine I guess - I like the SS86 better though? mine had the whole thing where the trailer clamshell wouldn't stay closed, bad vibes

Surprising that Takara Legends didn't place - huh
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 06:08 PM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusB38 View Post
Lost light IDW
What about it? It had votes.
Old 03-12-2024, 06:09 PM   #5
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
10 - I picked this up back when it was out, a rare instance of me buying a TF during the post BW break, meh I liked it enough
9 - ya sure
8 - never handled it
7 - Hahaha, I bought this guy too, what can I say at least it was a "different take" - and his big ol' sh*t kickin boots were pretty fun
6 - was THIS close to buying the (Lockdown?) retool, but ended up getting the SS version instead, thank goodness - a fun little mold, some clearances a bit tight (I'd use the instructions here)
5 - the Comemmorative is my jam here, got the lil targetmaster & everything (too bad I sheared one of the thigh stickers off like an idiot) - he was my cake-topper stand-in at my wedding!
4 - barf, I bought into the hype and I pretty much regret it, he's been fully replaced by now - at least the inner bot was my CHUG HR stand-in for a short bit
3 - never handled it
2 - THERE HE IS, my dude
1 - of course I have this, and it's fine I guess - I like the SS86 better though? mine had the whole thing where the trailer clamshell wouldn't stay closed, bad vibes

Surprising that Takara Legends didn't place - huh
Baffled how anyone is satisfied let alone like number 2. I reported what the fans said but I don't at all get it,lol. I realllyyyy dislike being taken advantage of,lol.
Old 03-13-2024, 08:39 AM   #6
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Baffled how anyone is satisfied let alone like number 2. I reported what the fans said but I don't at all get it,lol. I realllyyyy dislike being taken advantage of,lol.
oh u mean the whole "it's a deluxe but sold as voyager" thing? ya I mean it was a pill to swallow, but he look so good I overlooked it - plus I forget if it was post or pre-COVID but I remember finding it in-store and being carried a bit by that mania "oh SAFE I found one" etc
Plus I reduced his WM pricetag with rewards bucks, so it didn't sting as much

I would have gotten the cancelled Velocitron toy-deco release, then had "one for shelf, one for fiddling", but alas
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 04:02 PM   #7
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
oh u mean the whole "it's a deluxe but sold as voyager" thing? ya I mean it was a pill to swallow, but he look so good I overlooked it - plus I forget if it was post or pre-COVID but I remember finding it in-store and being carried a bit by that mania "oh SAFE I found one" etc
Plus I reduced his WM pricetag with rewards bucks, so it didn't sting as much

I would have gotten the cancelled Velocitron toy-deco release, then had "one for shelf, one for fiddling", but alas
Oh, it was during the pandemic. I was 100 percent going to pass on him unless I saw it on sale for deluxe or, preferrably, lower. I wildly, wildly, wildly, prefer the TR version. The ONLY reason I have it is because the store I got it from was owned by a buddy who was struggling then to stay afloat and he had ordered him by accident thinking I want both Scourge and him. Rather than leave him stuck holding that extra cost, i bought it but to this day, I'm not at all happy with it.