Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Meat Lovers Rejoice, what taste treats have you had?

Are you a meat Lover. Are you board of those boaring beef, chicken and sea food. Well I bet if you looked around your country side you would be amazed at the varity of other consumable meats avaliable to you.

I'm from southern New Brunswick and within 1h 30 min drive from Saint John, this is whats avalable to me: Wild Boar, Buffalo (don't know the species, I assume American bison, or European), Lamb, Wild Turkey, Emu, and much more!

I'm not referring to native wild game like moose, deer, elk, rabits, fezant, frogs, pegin (also known a fowl in high end restraunts) and the like.

Wild Boar is my Favorite, its reasonably price in comparison to other meats. I always treat myself to it when I go to the Sussex Flea Market in Aug.

Its just amazing about all the taste foods/animals that are around us.

So I ask you who is reading this, is there any unique taste animal around where you live. Or something you've tried aborad that you would like to share with everyone else?
Old 05-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Re: Meat Lovers Rejoice, what taste treats have you had?

Seal... is... delicious!!!
My wife is a Newfie, and her dad made awesome seal flipper pie. I remeber when he told me about it the 1st time I kind of looked at him with a "Listen Newfie man, I know you're not too keen on a big black man marrying your youngest sexy newfie daughter, but that doesn't mean you have to try to poison me with obviously unedible baby Seals!!!"
Then I tried his Seal Flipper pie (to prove how manly I am), and the shit was delicious... DELICIOUS!!! Who knew seal flippers tasted that good. That's when I knew he actually wanted me as a Son in Law.

http://luxedb.com/wp-content/uploads...Pie-Canada.jpg
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
CBII
Animated

I've had my share of interesting meats.

Obviously not all of them are local to me but I can at least say I've tried it.

Muskox, moose, deer, elk, rabbit, freshy caught crab/lobster/ and a wide varity of fish, Shark fin soup, duck, goose, wild bore, lamb, and Buffalo.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Gator is pretty good. I had some a while back breaded and deep fried, tastes like pork. A friend brought me some croc jerkey back from Australia once too, kinda the same taste.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I love my meat! Red meat, white meat, seafood and just about everything in between.

Went to this restaurant in Banff which served a variety of raw meats (which we seared on a 600 degree rock). Beef, elk, bison, and venison. That was very tasty! Especially since everything was so fresh you could eat every cube blue rare.

I want to try other meats, like Gator. For some reason, the uglier the animal, the more I want to try eating it. Example, as said I really want to try Gator, ugly son of a bitch. But I have never tried Rabbit. I don't want to eat a cute cuddly animal Even the giant wild jackrabbits are cute... not as cuddly though. XD

I will eat just about everything under the sea too. Though for some reason I have yet to try eel, even when given many chances to. Oh well, maybe next time.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #6
Janitor
Classic

Bison burgers are always fantastic!

Also, when I was in Australia I tried croc meat, it's like a chewier version of chicken. I never got to try kangaroo, a shame really as I heard it's quite good.
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

I so want to try Bear, but its hard to come by here. A bear has to either die at a zoo, aka leading to bear burgers for a fund raiser. Or a legal kill by the forest and fish rangers.

I have a friend that keeps telling me that he wants to try bald eagle, but part of me hopes he's f'n with me. But if it wern't on the extinction list I wounder would my opinion change?
Old 05-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #8
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

I've had snake once during my trip to Ghongzhou China...tasted like a cross between Chicken and fish.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #9
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

I had Alligator for the first time this afternoon! I had them as breaded and fried nuggets. They were pretty good. They tasted like chicken, but a little fishy, and much chewier.
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
digitalskull

KANGAROO!!
When I was in Australia about 3-4 years ago I had some... It was very good with some blueberry sauce & wild rice MMMmmmm. It's a very lean meat as well! The thing is is that I was petting them the day before at the zoo & the next day... there he was in my plate! lol
digitalskull is offline   Reply With Quote