Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-24-2015, 09:34 PM   #1
Perceptor
Alternator
The New RID show

How many here are actually following the new cartoon and is it worthwhile? How does it compare to TF Animated and TF Prime? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Re: The New RID show

I've been watching it and enjoying it quite a bit. The lighthearted, younger tone and the cartoony character designs definitely remind me of TF Animated. So far the episodes have been largely of the "Decepticon of the week" variety, but it's likely a broader story is going to emerge as the season goes on. I liked TF Prime a lot, but RID is a welcome change of pace from Prime's heavier, more mature atmosphere.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I have literally fallen asleep each time I've watched an episode, it's just not grabbing me at all. I'm not a fan of the writing, style or designs.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:43 PM   #4
carissa
Energon

I've been watching it too. It's no Transformers: Prime (which I really loved), but it's cute. As others have said, everything is much more simplified for the kiddos. But that's okay, us adults have the IDW comics.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:35 AM   #5
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I really, really want Hasbro to make direct to dvd idw movies in the way dc does their animated movies because that would be epic and I would be so happy.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:01 AM   #6
justprime
Animated

Story lines and characters are vary simplistic (isn't that why we have rescuebots) this is by no means transformers prime why hasbro in this day and age would cheap out and go back to traditional animation after the succcess of cg is beyond common sense add these under written stories makes for some thing that has little to hold attention of the older age groups.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #7
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Story lines and characters are vary simplistic (isn't that why we have rescuebots) this is by no means transformers prime why hasbro in this day and age would cheap out and go back to traditional animation after the succcess of cg is beyond common sense add these under written stories makes for some thing that has little to hold attention of the older age groups.
I think that you just answered your own question: "cheap"?

Why would Hasbro pay more for a product that will not likely lead to greater sales? From a business perspective, it's a no-brainer. They decided on their target audience and have geared their commercials (I mean "show") to that audience in the most cost-effective manner. Little kids don't care about production values.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:22 AM   #8
carissa
Energon

Remember Rescue Bots is aimed at the pre-schoolers with no Decepticons in it. Even more simplistic styles.

RID is for the slightly older demographics.

Prime definitely hit an older demographic with zombies, children kidnapping, four character deaths, Optimus dying twice.

The CG animation style meant they were limited to how many characters they could make, since each character required three models.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #9
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

it's a good show but it doesn't do anything for me and I can't get into it but my son loves it so I kind of have to watch it lol
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:32 PM   #10
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I'm enjoying it. It just light and fun. I have all 13 downloaded already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Dude, the type of CGI they used for Prime is expensive to produce! Why do you think that world was so empty all the time? It looked like that Earth had no one living on it.
I think we've already seen more "civilians" in RID15, in the first 5 episodes than in the entire 3 seasons of Prime.