Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
Oreobuilder
Cybertron
TFC Hercules Questions

Merry Christmas all!

I just got the first three members of the Hercules team this week from Automaton. After opening and playing around with them some, I have some questions. The Hercules mega-post on TF2005 is huge and not user-friendly so I'm posting them here.

1. Why did they send an extra shovel for Exgraver? Is there a problem that I haven't seen with the original one?

2. I've heard rumors that Heavy Labor had some hip joint issues. Mine seems to work fine, but what are the risks?

3. Structor came with two small gray pins/tubes is the box. What are these for? Are these a fix for something? The instructions don't show them.

4. Does anyone have instructions on how to assemble the guns? I've been playing around with them and found a few different configurations, but is there an official one?

Anyway, these are really great. The quality is equal or better than Hasbro. The paint apps are sharp, the light-piping for the eyes works really well. The transformations are just complexe enough and fun. The joints are tight and the robots don't have any trouble standing despite some back kibble (especially Structor). I'm looking forward to getting the complete Hercules team

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
bedtime
Nexus Maximus
Re: TFC Hercules Questions

The only answer I know for SURE is that some people were breaking the original shovel, but as long as you're even the least but careful you won't have any problems.

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

Apparently it's the ratchet joint on Heavy Labour that can self-destruct. I don't have one, but that's what I read.
Maybe the Structor pins are for that?

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator

The pins for Structor are to fill in the screw holes on his chest as far as I know. I'm pretty sure they said any fix sent out for Heavy Labour would come out with the last two figures.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

1. Why did they send an extra shovel for Exgraver? Is there a problem that I haven't seen with the original one?

The black base stressed/cracked on most if not all exgravers as soon as the shovel was moved at the bottom

2. I've heard rumors that Heavy Labor had some hip joint issues. Mine seems to work fine, but what are the risks?

now that you've moved it, you've self destructed the gears in the front and back hip movement, replacement hips coming with neckbreaker

3. Structor came with two small gray pins/tubes is the box. What are these for? Are these a fix for something? The instructions don't show them.

plugs for the chest screw holes, probably left out in case the shoulder pivots were bad too, no evidence that they are at all

4. Does anyone have instructions on how to assemble the guns? I've been playing around with them and found a few different configurations, but is there an official one?

there is a pic on tfw, but basically barrel is upside down heavy labor, structor's plugs into the back of it, crank's behind that, exgraver's is the sight. neckbreakers's on the bottom front, and mad blender's forms the handle

love these figures so far, even with a couple snags in the road, they're really nice

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I wonder if down the road we'll see a box set of these guys, even in yellow repaint, for less than the $600 they cost right now buying them individually?

I'd be sorely tempted at under $400.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Cool! Thanks for all the info guys. It's really appreciated. Merry Christmas and I hope Santa brings you all some TFs!

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote