Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 06-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #21
Batman
The Dark Knight
Re: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Human Alliance Bumblebee Released in Canada

I had some store credit at BBTS so I ordered it with a couple other things. It was $35 USD which works out to a little over $39 Canadian. Its not much cheaper but better than $49.99.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #22
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Human Alliance Bumblebee Released in Canada

I hope enough of us refuse to pay $49.99 that whoever decided this price realizes that we are not quite the suckers we're assumed to be, and so they stop this rediculous "them adult fans will pay anything!" way of thinking.

Of course, if we all cave in and drop the $50 because we "have to get him now!" then all we're doing is setting ourselves up for more and more of this super-high pricing in the future.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #23
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

"How much?"

"Considering the vehicle mode detail of the figure and the Sam Witwicky action figure..."

"But the figure looks doped up."

"Ya, but it's a new concept."

"It's a doped up concept?"

"When it's your first Human Alliance figure I wouldn't expect you to understand. $50."

"Not paying over $40, sorry."

*hopes BB breaks all the other toys in the isle*

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #24
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

50 BUCKS?!?!?!?!?!??!!?ARE THEY CRAZY?!?!?!?!??!

why did i get that lacrosse stick....

I VOTE FOR A LEADER CLASS FALLEN!!!!!
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #25
JSon
Robo Warrior

I am defiantly waiting for a sale for this one. I still can't handle the reasoning. Figure looks awesome, but I think $40 would have been a more acceptable price tag (Though $35 would be preferred )
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #26
Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSon View Post
I am defiantly waiting for a sale for this one. I still can't handle the reasoning. Figure looks awesome, but I think $40 would have been a more acceptable price tag (Though $35 would be preferred )
I agree. I was always under the impression that these were going to be priced the same as Alternators ($29.99-$34.99). I can't see the average person buying this either, I mean for $10 more they could get Leader Prime or save like $35 and buy deluxe Bumblebee.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #27
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

I don't even know that they have any sort of logic with some of this pricing.

As it would have to be something like: "Voyager figure is $30 (and we sell much more volume when on sale for under $25)...so voyager figure and a really cheap little pvc figure in a snazzy box, hmm, yeah $50, that makes sense!"

Equally crappy logic for the Blackout/whatshisname repaint 2-pack. It's a voyager and a deluxe packaged together, $30 plus $15 minus a combined packaged discount equals...$50!? (Or is it $60!?!!!). For that one there is at least the TRU exclusive factor to figure in, but still, totally retarded.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #28
rhinoxmaximal
Maximal

I was looking forward for this figure but i think I'll wait longer for a decent sale.

rhinoxmaximal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #29
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
I don't even know that they have any sort of logic with some of this pricing.
I think it is more like "Let's see, what are we charging for that purple Shockwave pack? $50? Well this Bumblebee is about the size of that purple Shockwave, and this little Sam figure is about the size of an Activator, so..."

Actually, I think the logic may be more along the lines of "This one is gonna be big with the adult nerds who collect em. They got money - so crank the pricing gun up to "gouge"".
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #30
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Actually, I think the logic may be more along the lines of "This one is gonna be big with the adult nerds who collect em. They got money - so crank the pricing gun up to "gouge"".
More like "stab, twist and turn".

Indeed HA-BB looks more to be aimed at us than the little ones.

Still, that's not excuse to wring us dry...

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 06-19-2009 at 04:10 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumblebee, human alliance