Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 01-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #11
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 23 - You're the Best! Around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
This was a fun one, but a long mutherfugger.
It was fun but we have had episodes close to being this long before...plus the beauty of podcasts, you can pause and listen again at anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
P.S.Please remind me to never meet Gizmo alone.
Like it matters, you're not Daniel. He'd probably just ask you were he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cky_ibm View Post
@GMFan: You still haven't bought HA Bumblebee? That sale you predicted still hasn't hit, I could be wrong but unless massives restocks start happening we may never get a sale on HA figures. X-mas wiped all the excess Bumblebees out 'round these parts.
When you help in organizing and operating a Transformers convention there's rarely a figure you can't find

Quote:
Originally Posted by cky_ibm View Post
P.S. I might have missed it, but was Masterpiece Grimlock excluded from the list? Or did he come out in 2008? My memory can suck at times...
No you are right, he came out in 2009. We mentioned him off air as being exempt but neglected to mention it while recording. He did win actionfigurenews.ca's Transformer of the year award much to my chagrin.

Even if he was allowed I probably wouldn't have picked him anyways. I think he's overrated for what you're getting but that's just me.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #12
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Like it matters, you're not Daniel. He'd probably just ask you were he is.
Still,the way he talks to Daniel like that...creeps me out a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:33 AM   #13
Protoman
The Legend

All things considered while MP Grimlock was a nice toy, he would hardly make my list. He does not bring anything new to the table. He does the same transformation Diaclone engineered 28 years ago, even the likes of G1 Convoy and Megatron had stuff switched up in the name of engineering. I remember in an interview with Takara, they said it took 3 months to figure out how to get rid of Megatron's trigger kibble. To me, that means MASTERPIECE.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #14
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor

I completely agree with Daniel. I played with a friends MP Grimlock sometime ago, and was very underwhelmed. The transformation was to easy, some of the features like the head and tail movement were kind of dumb. And I thought it was just to small for a Masterpiece Grimlock figure. Still a nice figure though, best light of sword ever!

Last edited by Code of Honor; 01-10-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 AM   #15
prime13
mendōkusei...

Quote:
Try having the same name as Daniel. That makes it even creepier.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:57 AM   #16
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Yay! Gizmo!

The worst toy for me of 2009 has got to be ROTF Jetfire. I got him in the Buster Prime 2-pack and I've tried time and again to get him into his jet mode and I can't for the life of me do it! It's not that I don't know how. It's a pretty simple transformation. But the toy just not want to do it! First I had a problem get all the tabs on his "rear tail gun piece thing" to line up with the other 2 pieces it need to go into, but I've figured out a way of doing that. But I still can't get his engines to connect with the body. It just refuses to in. I'm beginning to think it's some kind of weird flash issue or mold degradation. Like one part is slightly bigger than it's supposed to be. Even with that aside, the combined mode is almost as bad to get him into and the robot mode just plain sucks.

As for the best, that's a hard one. There's so many good figures released this year, but none that are really like "WOW! That's awesome!". Can I say Powered Commander?
Old 01-10-2010, 03:47 AM   #17
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by prime13 View Post
Try having the same name as Daniel. That makes it even creepier.
I think you're both looking too "into it". Gizmo's a pet...it's like having a cat that can talk to you. Cats do nothing but watch you half the time...I know Duncan's watches me every time I'm at his place....damn it's creepy....hey wait.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
All things considered while MP Grimlock was a nice toy, he would hardly make my list. He does not bring anything new to the table. He does the same transformation Diaclone engineered 28 years ago, even the likes of G1 Convoy and Megatron had stuff switched up in the name of engineering. I remember in an interview with Takara, they said it took 3 months to figure out how to get rid of Megatron's trigger kibble. To me, that means MASTERPIECE.
More or less how I feel about this figure as every other MP figure has had engineering that's blown my mind. Grimlock I was mildly impressed at how they hid his tail in robot mode. Throw in a bunch of useless accessories, and another stupid head gimmick (wow he and Universe 2.0 Cheetor got something in common) and I'm given an underwhelming figure that I can't justify paying $175+ for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
The worst toy for me of 2009 has got to be ROTF Jetfire.
Ya....there's a lot of forced transforming with him and those panels...one thing I want to give pros to on his alt mode though is the attention to detail that he has compared to the actual SR-71 in the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum is he has the same numbering and decals (though slightly rearranged with a con symbol) which I can appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
As for the best, that's a hard on. There's so many good figures released this year, but none that are really like "WOW! That's awesome!". Can I say Powered Commander?
I am all kinds of horrible for not even remembering my own shows exclusive...guess I'm too busy thinking and planning the next one!

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #18
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Quote:

No you are right, he came out in 2009. We mentioned him off air as being exempt but neglected to mention it while recording. He did win actionfigurenews.ca's Transformer of the year award much to my chagrin.

Even if he was allowed I probably wouldn't have picked him anyways. I think he's overrated for what you're getting but that's just me.
Yeah, I was just curious. I wouldn't have picked him anyways, for the price he is very underwelming. He should cost about $80 at most, however at that point I didn't know if we would be getting a stateside release so I grabbed him.

A lot of people seem to think just because he's a Masterpiece he should be the #1 figure of the year. He's hardly a Masterpiece in my opinion...a very good figure yes, Masterpiece? No.

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 01-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #19
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Ya the US release I'll probably get for mold completionist sake. I figured we'd get Grimlock anyways as every other MP mope (with the obvious Megatron exception) has made it here. Ours will probably have less accessories...oh well :P

Old 01-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #20
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Quote:
Ya the US release I'll probably get for mold completionist sake. I figured we'd get Grimlock anyways as every other MP mope (with the obvious Megatron exception) has made it here. Ours will probably have less accessories...oh well :P
Would you really be that upset if you never got the Waiter outfit? That alone wins worst accessory of 2009 in my books.

Cheers!
-Ian

Tags
canadian slag, podcast