Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #11
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: MySpace/Facebook...Etc...Can Someone Explain These To Me?

facebook is more or less a message board combined with a blog and a personal homepage. many are addicted to it, but its a good way to keep in contact and update people on the goings on in your life.

i've read the terms of service and stuff, and facebook seems the most fair, since they tell you flat out that you're in control of how much info you give out. they give you just enough rope to get you into trouble, but its your own doing if you do. plus, whatever you delete, they delete.

plus it works well to organize events, and keep a gaming group or clan or guild or whatever in games more organized.

i'd suggest people check it out, but its not for everyone. and read the terms of service and privacy policy, as with any site.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #12
RandomFerret

Facebook's handy for planning parties. You get all your friends on there, and you want to have a barbecue, it takes like three clicks and everybody's got a nice fancy invite.

That way you can make sure nobody's left out.
RandomFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #13
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

I think the main idea is to reconnect with old friends as Colin said. I don't really use the other features, except events/groups and uploading pictures.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:53 PM   #14
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Well considering my old friends are no better then any of my enemies I'm happy I stayed clear then.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #15
Cruellock
Generation 1

I tried using MySpace to get readers for my comic, but all I got was bands sending me ads for their various shows.

Cruellock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:41 AM   #16
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I'm in college, so it's sort of a normal application for me.

I keep in touch w/ coworkers (past and present), I get to see events being planned, and it's useful enough to keep in touch, but not too intimate, since you don't know the person well enough to talk one-on-one.

Again, there are downsides to Facebook, there are definitely some people I don't want to know anymore for the sake of my own privacy, but you can always reject a person on Facebook.

So...who wants me to create a Soundwave reissue meetup at Dufferin mall for the morning of Saturday June 2nd on facebook? LOL
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:25 AM   #17
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I'm on Facebook too,

Like others have said good for hooking up with old Friends, but bad for being stocked by old girlfreinds...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:35 AM   #18
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I'm on Facebook too,

Like others have said good for hooking up with old Friends, but bad for being stocked by old girlfreinds...
I have been stalked by a few already
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:50 AM   #19
darthrage
Beast Machine

Myspace is to the US, whereas Friendster and Facebook is to Canada.

Myspace appeals to Americans more because not only did it start there but celebrities and also big corporations have a myspace page.

I started off with Friendster but its kinda dying down with the Facebook popularity. Now I just don't use it any more.

I signed up for Facebook, actually was forced to sign up cuz the girl i'm dating forced me to do it. I don't really like it cuz I find it to be an invasion of privacy because it tells everyone who exactly who you are in a relationship with and everything about them as well as their friends. Well not everything. Also it somehow contacts everyone in your e-mail address book and tells them you are on facebook and asks them to sign up. And then later you will find people whom you don't like from high school asking you to "be-friend" them. Too much personal info revealed if you ask me

I ended up deleting my account. Too many people I don't want to be associated with asking me to "be-friend" them. I would add them to my friends group as long as I am personal friends with them because honestly I just don't k know them well enough to have them in my circle. I also don't like the fact that your friends can post photos of you and it will appear on your page.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #20
Vangelus
Beast Machine

Myspace and Facebook (FB especially) have caused me to internet-bump into people I haven't seen for years. Is quite cool, as most people will just go "yeah I'm doing so and so" and leave it at that. I like the little updates.
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote