Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #11
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer
Re: A Decepticon sympathizer?

every hour starscream would try to over throw megatron
shockwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #12
Zodberg
Machine War
Send a message via AIM to Zodberg

Remember that episode of Armada - I think it was, Rebellion, where the whole episode was the Decepticons hanging out on the moon grunting at each other, and the Autobots only showed up at the end for less than thirty seconds.
Zodberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #13
Goji_tron
Beasty

I feel terrible for the Decepticons getting their numbers killed way much more than the dead Autobot body count in ROTF. I found that ridiculous. More Autobots should be dead to even out the dead Decepticons. The Decepticons are supposed to be powerful and brutal, not redshirts. Who agrees with me.

I also notice inconsistencies that in Transformers Prime, the Decepticon drones are strong as the individual Autobots, yet in masses and other parts of the episodes they get easily massacred. What is up with that?

If there are contests for fictional stories of Transformers, especially for Transformers Animated, I would totally have battles a bit more realistic and have Decepticons win often.

Last edited by Goji_tron; 01-19-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goji_tron View Post
I feel terrible for the Decepticons getting their numbers killed way much more than the dead Autobot body count in ROTF. I found that ridiculous. More Autobots should be dead to even out the dead Decepticons. The Decepticons are supposed to be powerful and brutal, not redshirts. Who agrees with me.

I also notice inconsistencies that in Transformers Prime, the Decepticon drones are strong as the individual Autobots, yet in masses and other parts of the episodes they get easily massacred. What is up with that?
On the First Part about the ROTF I totaly agree with that it is like the Decepticons in the movie didn't even try it is like the just gave up. And Megatron taking off at the end when he seen the Fallen die I was expecting to see Megs attack Prime from behind like his style ussualy is kick them when they are down so like wtf Megs what are you doing listening to Starscream.

And I agree with the Drones it seems like some could take on Optimus.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #15
Autovolt 127
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goji_tron View Post

If there are contests for fictional stories of Transformers, especially for Transformers Animated, I would totally have battles a bit more realistic and have Decepticons win often.
I think the whole good always truimph's evil is the whole reason things like that don't make sense.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:09 AM   #16
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I'm not a total Decepticon sympathizer, but I am in favor of equal opportunity treatment. I hate how one-sided it is in the movies, Animated, Prime, etc. Why can't it be like in the good old days in G1 or BW where each side is almost equally represented?

I know, I know, bad guys don't sell as well and kids like heroes etc. I'm just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Just look at these Robot Chicken clips and you'll see... haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ8V_KcAea4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zNo9jtkS8

Sorry the first one isn't very good quality, but it's the only one I could find.
Oh man, I saw the second clip the other day in the Ep. III episode and wow....... completely blew me away. That one bit alone is better than Family Guy's ROTJ parody which is horrrrrrendous.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:50 AM   #17
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
I'm not a total Decepticon sympathizer, but I am in favor of equal opportunity treatment. I hate how one-sided it is in the movies, Animated, Prime, etc. Why can't it be like in the good old days in G1 or BW where each side is almost equally represented?
Although...I actually LIKED the fact that the Autobots got had a hard time fighting the Decpticons in Animated.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #18
Goji_tron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Although...I actually LIKED the fact that the Autobots got had a hard time fighting the Decpticons in Animated.
I agree with your liking. Decepticons should have a right to be victorious sometimes. That is similar to GI Joe Renegades tv series where Cobra is able to deceive the world and keep their true identity hidden mutliple times from the GI Joes attempted discovery, making it count as multiple victories.

If I were the writer of a Transformer series, I would create a new fictional Decepticon that has the intellect and charisma of Lelouch from Code Geass along with having the Decepticons be victorious a little more often. Who likes my idea?

Last edited by Goji_tron; 01-21-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #19
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Don't concern yourselves with her, she is no more.
That's kind of ominous sounding Protoman...

You frighten me...

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #20
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

The only Decepticons that came off as an oppressed people were the TF:Animated Decepticons.

IIRC every series is Megatron and a bunch of henchmen fighting in the name of Megatron and his rise to power.

In Animated, Megatron becomes a sympathetic charaater with a cause to help his oppressed Decepticons get out from under the Autobots thumb.

Other than Animated I had no remorse to for the Decepticons or their cause.
Transbot90210 is online now   Reply With Quote