Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #31
Protoman
The Legend
Re: A few disturbing things in the Energon series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
They do show it in the special that Protoman mentioned. I can't remember what the name of the episode was in Energon though.
The english name of the episode for Energon was "Distribution". It had all 3 combiner molds have combiner stock footage but done in cel animation instead of the more common CG cel shading used in Energon/Superlink at the time.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #32
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
it was pretty much the same in G1.

It was food
it was fuel
it was currency
it was ammo
it was an explosive
It was blood
You forgot booze! They could get hella tore up off that stuff.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #33
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
You forgot booze! They could get hella tore up off that stuff.
Yup, the japanese Headmasters series really showed that a good ammount of energon could get a TF pretty drunk, even make them so drunk they want to do karokee.

Anyhow, personally from being a mechanic, I find that when to comes to cars or any motor vehicle with a working engine system. I see it like this

Gas = Blood, it pumps through the heart (engine) and keeps the body moving

Oil = A form of drink for the car. It keeps it cool when it gets too hot, also when you fill an engine with motor oil straight from the bottle, the engine actually "GLUG GLUG GLUG" drinks it.

While the show has given us all kinds of uses for Energon, it's what they are fighting for.

They need Energon to power their weapons (and themsevles) thus it's clealy a food/fuel. When a car gets into an accident, the gas sometimes leaks, thus like blood (Transformers Victory's final battle with Deathsaurus really shows that)

Since it's explosive, that can't be helped, it's like a gas, with a high flash point (Which might also explain how it helps them run, it combusts in their system like a gasoline engine)

As currency..... I see that more as a tradable good rather then an overall currency. But season 3 is to blame.

Again, pretty much if Transformers ran on Energon, I can't see why they would need gas, I can see oil being important, but not gas.

........ oh and the drunk thing? Blame the japanese getting semi creative control during Transformers:2010 (Season 3) and Headmasters. Hell by TF Victory, they kinda forgot about Energon and just focused on "energy" and even had a group called The Gasoline Drinkers...... my brain is tired.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 01-10-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #34
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

They were getting drunk on Energon as far back as season 2's Microbots, actually.
Whisky Tango Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #35
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

I liked Superlink a lot better than Galaxy Force at first. The story of Superlink really struck a chord with me at the time. But as Galaxy Force played out I think I have to say that it is my favorite Transformers series. I'm not too fussed about the changes made for Cybertron either, the story is still basically there whether Overide is a chick or not.

What I really liked about Superlink/Energon was how the basic underlying story theme played out. It was really a show about being on a team, with the different characters having different reactions to filling out their roles on the team. Both the Autobots and the Decepticons had different concepts of this team-based theme, and both were presented equally. I think that's pretty interesting, and it's also cool how the teamwork subtext of the show reflected the combination gimmick of the toys.

Sayonara.