Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Talk me off the ledge or push me over.

After seeing the disappointing review for the KO Crazy Devy kit for G1 Predaking by xueyue2, I've been looking at all the 3rd party Predakings out there, trying to decide if I want to take the plunge.

After looking at pictures and watching reviews, I've focused in on MMC's Feral Rex and think that's the one, if any, that I might go after.

I was looking for opinions from those who own the Feral Rex components or any of the other 3rd Party Predakings. Are they worth the price tag? What are the flaws that you've notices. Any info will help. I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before I drop a few hundred dollars on Feral Rex.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Nullray
IGC
Re: Talk me off the ledge or push me over.

Well I am a die hard Predaking fan. Almost as hard core are Stu. It is a very hard choice but I actually am doing three.
I got the Takara G1 2010 Reissue CD decked out (wallet hurts)
I got the first Bovis and it is a very solid figure and would recommend it highly. MMC make good stuff
- Fortis is on deck
Yestarday I just got in the Nemean from TFC. I have yet to open it and am debating on doing so since I already have two Preds on the go and space is limited for me. I really like the look of the Nemean so far in box. It is absolutely massive.
I will wait till all are in probably to open and assembly and keep building my MMC which is already out.

lol - I don't think I am actually helping. They are all great... but I am also Predaking biased.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Rev
Addict

I have Fortis and Bovis and they are fantastic.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
mastereh
Generation 2

When will the Feral Rex have all it's bots out? I wanted to get that set too but having to wait for such a long time for all the parts is annoying.
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #5
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Can't speak for the others but i would get it, I got my MMC Bovis in the mail and I was knocked off my chair just taking him out of the shipping box.

The figure is quite large, bigger than a deluxe a bit smaller than a voyager. I wasn't expecting such a large figure, way better than FP Stunticons, I was disappointed with their size.

Lots of plastic, solid and heavy. I really like this piece as a individual bot, better than the Hercules bots I think, and I love those.

Overall very very happy with this could easily be a MP IMO.

Don't want to spend your money,as everybody has different tastes, but dude get it!

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #6
Pascal
Banned

I have all the Predacons released so far (5 UT + 2 MMC + 1 TFC), and the MMC ones are well above the others. If you want only one, that's the one.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #7
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Just wait. As awesome as these are sounding from those who have them, patience will pay off in the long run.

Most third party items don't hold their initial "retail" price. (Much like Hasbro/Takara items). Look at most of the releases to date and they can all be picked up for less than what they originally sold for upon release. The most glaring example would be Hercules/Green Giant. Both can be found for less than what they originally sold for upon release.

Why? Who can say? They might have each taken a piece of the Devastator market. Eventually people choose to sell them off. Fans move on to the next "cool" third party item (Predaking anyone, and Bruticus next). In some cases Hasbro/Takara release a similar product that is as good, or better than the third party release (Springer, MP Soundwave).

So I would say wait if you can, eventually you'll be able to pick up the whole team for less than what they are selling for right now.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:11 PM   #8
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Just wait. As awesome as these are sounding from those who have them, patience will pay off in the long run.

Most third party items don't hold their initial "retail" price. (Much like Hasbro/Takara items). Look at most of the releases to date and they can all be picked up for less than what they originally sold for upon release. The most glaring example would be Hercules/Green Giant. Both can be found for less than what they originally sold for upon release.

Why? Who can say? They might have each taken a piece of the Devastator market. Eventually people choose to sell them off. Fans move on to the next "cool" third party item (Predaking anyone, and Bruticus next). In some cases Hasbro/Takara release a similar product that is as good, or better than the third party release (Springer, MP Soundwave).

So I would say wait if you can, eventually you'll be able to pick up the whole team for less than what they are selling for right now.
I'm second to this opinion.
As long as you are patient, you will find the a good deal. For example, I just got a MIB TFC Hecules for $370 including the upgrade kit.

And another reason I want to talk you off the ledge is that since except UT, all other 2 are not fully released, why not just wait?

You can compare once all 3 are released, and there are 2 more advantages besides the reading the reviews and comparison side-by-side. First, they might release a whole-set package. Second, they might release a second run which fix the initial issues found. As far as I read on the Chinese forums, MMC already discovered product issues, and talking about next release will include some parts to fix issues.

Meanwhile, even I'm disappoined in the CK-02 Predaking Upgrade Kit, but the price is really cheap, $70. That's just a leg of UT Predaking. And it does make the G1 Predaking looks much better. If you don't hold a high hope like I did, u might find it quit good.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #9
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

^ agreed ^^ and agreed, I got my Herc after all were out and paid less $425 I think.

Especially with these higher priced items, I think the case will be and there will be multiple Pred's out there, so chances are really good that the price could drop.

Another thing to think about if any of these third party companies go under you could be left with a incomplete figure worth nothing.

But I've got mine now, couldn't wait ...buhaaaahahaha

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #10
joshimus
Metroplex

Honestly, I am very happy I chose MMC Feral Rex. I have Fortis and Bovis and the next releases will come with replacement parts for the Fortis/Bovis issues. That' a hell of a thing to do, give out parts like that. Shows MMC stands behind their product.
I'm sure TFC would be good too, but I don't have any of there stuff so I can't really say.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote