Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Transformers On Ebay

Old 01-29-2014, 03:17 AM   #41
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Ebay charges import fees now? Lame for Transformers collecting

So does this issue lend any credence to using other sites like shelflife for instance or searching more through our respective forums?

Funny, people at my work were complaining about the million and billion dollar CEO's of companies this evening and when I suggested that they use their dollars elsewhere then the response was "well there's only one place to buy hydro" Wonderful logic, right? By that response alone I feel society is already defeated and will get what it deserves which is the status quo. If we demand nothing we get nothing and if the dollar is so mighty and we all collectively use our dollars elsewhere or more importantly keep those dollars for ourselves and share them amongst each other then something will change somewhere, it's called the domino effect we just need to figure out which domino to hit first. If the rest of the CEO's start seeing a dip in profit margins then eventually they will be paid less or be cut loose and in the end so would the Hydro CEO. Because if stores and car dealerships, etc. are selling less they'll cut back on store hours, Staff unfortunately, etc and thus use less hydro and that's how you affect the hydro CEO. So use eBay less or better yet not at all and send them a message. If sellers don't sell they'll eventually stop paying eBay too and hopefully find another way or place to sell.

Unfortunately I think society is too self absorbed and is unable to control itself collectively and the CEO's and Politicians know it and thus they impose their will upon us and we will accept it because our own lives are too important to put aside for anybody else and unite in something together. So unite here don't use eBay to import or better yet buy anything and let them know we think this is unacceptable, remember silence is acceptance if we don't speak up to something we oppose we're just accepting it.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #42
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

Just a heads up.

Global Shipping Program is using a courier to ship to your house instead of Canada Post like before.

Just got 2 packages from Canpar.

For Toronto area residents: If you're not home for their attempts, your package can be picked up in:
-Vaughan (near Canada's Wonderland) or
-Etobicoke (by the Willowbrook Rail Maintenance Facility).

Outside of that:
-near the Airport on Dixie Road in Mississauga
-southern Whitby, near GM Oshawa
-east Hamilton, near Stoney Creek

Total bull...I have 4 Canada Post depots within 35 min WALK from my home....5 within 50 min walk.

So yeah....not just the extra cost of shipping, the wayward travel now.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #43
CPrime
Generation 2

Not really related to the GSP, but to kind of get back the ebay bucks program, there are cashback programs that will give cashback on sites like ebay and amazon.ca (as well as many others). The one I know of and use is ebates.ca
CPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #44
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrime View Post
Not really related to the GSP, but to kind of get back the ebay bucks program, there are cashback programs that will give cashback on sites like ebay and amazon.ca (as well as many others). The one I know of and use is ebates.ca
Thanks. 1% Cashback is not a lot, but it's something.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #45
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Just a heads up.

Global Shipping Program is using a courier to ship to your house instead of Canada Post like before.

Just got 2 packages from Canpar.

For Toronto area residents: If you're not home for their attempts, your package can be picked up in:
-Vaughan (near Canada's Wonderland) or
-Etobicoke (by the Willowbrook Rail Maintenance Facility).

Outside of that:
-near the Airport on Dixie Road in Mississauga
-southern Whitby, near GM Oshawa
-east Hamilton, near Stoney Creek

Total bull...I have 4 Canada Post depots within 35 min WALK from my home....5 within 50 min walk.

So yeah....not just the extra cost of shipping, the wayward travel now.
Interesting. They have left all of my packages sitting on my doorstep where anyone walking buy could grab and walk away with them. Between that and the crazy import charges, I decided a while ago not to buy anything else sold under the GSP again.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:55 AM   #46
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I've been researching this problem, has anyone tried telling the sellers, before bidding/buying, that ebay is foisting an extra 40% charge on THEIR sales? Some might not be aware of that fact and might not take too kindly to it.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:21 AM   #47
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I've been researching this problem, has anyone tried telling the sellers, before bidding/buying, that ebay is foisting an extra 40% charge on THEIR sales? Some might not be aware of that fact and might not take too kindly to it.
I have tried this with moderate success. Some sellers agree to relist the item using my other shipping methods but many don't. I always explain the extra "import" fee and how I am paying for the seller to ship the item to ebay's processing centre in Kentucky and then for the processing centre to ship the package to me in Canada. I also explain the customs fee that I have to pay immediately at checkout, when normally I don't have to pay any customs fees at all. I think that sellers are generally unaware of what sellers have to deal with as a result of the program. To be honest, the back and forth communications with sellers just to try and get them to understand gets pretty tiring...so much so that I find myself not even bothering unless the item is something really unusual or special.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #48
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I had someone agree to relist for me without the global shipping program, but I've also had people tell me that once someone bids, they cannot change that anymore.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #49
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I contacted Wheeljack's Lab as they are selling a part I need and this is what I wrote to him:
Quote:
Hi there.

You know the Global delivery blah blah blah that they had you sign up for is bullshit right?
If I buy this item from you, which I really need, I am being forced to pay an extra $10.40 that i wouldn't have to pay if it were sent through normal means. they try to word it like their doing me, the buyer, a favour by charging this fee up front so I don't get hit by it when the item arrives at my door.
But let me tell you in all the years I have been buying things off of ebay I have been hit customs fees so infrequently, if ever, that I don't even remember the last time it ever happened, which means the last time wasn't anytime recent. In any case the chance that i might get hit by customs is simply just the cost of doing business, and it's MY chance to take without eBay forcing it on me.

I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but I am trying to inform you of something that perhaps you were unaware of.

This is the response I got:
Quote:
Hi there:

there are reasons I am in it::

1. I only ship with express mail that charge is $38 minimum for this item right here, so it's still less
2. No paperwork which take 5 minutes a package
3. fully insured from ebay to buyer

If you want to pay less for shipping send a USD money order it's $5 shipping from this item from me.

Thank you.

Wheeljackslab

Old 03-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #50
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

So he's admitting the real shipping cost is $5 through traditional means and he's ok with that if you send a US money order, yet he has no problem charging $38 due to this program because of he's too lazy to fill out a customs form. In the end, he loses potential bidders. Fuck eBay and the douches that support this bullshit program is my response. I never buy from sellers that use GSP. It's a pure cash grab for Pitney Bowes and eBay.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote