Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #41
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: TF Con 2014 reviews/ Report

It also allows each dealer to have equal footing and it's much cleaner too.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:06 AM   #42
Protoman
The Legend

You are aware everything you are suggesting totally throws the table spacing, table #s, dealer choice of freedom to display options, dealer's personal location choices (some need plugs, some don't aka THE WALL) totally out the window.

The dealer room is our bread and butter. It's what everyone is the most hyped about for TFcon. The dealers themselves CHOOSE these set ups. They want table in the front, stuff in the back, the booth thing, they set it up like they please.

Hell my set up was SHIT PUSHED BACK, bins and ME in the front. Everyone has their own choice and freedom. Happy dealers, happy attendees, happy con.

As for space for lack of space, again we are PUSHED TO THE LIMIT of how many dealers we can pack in. We want people to have options, not just one guy selling G1 or the only dude with the latest Generations. The more dealers, the more choices, the better prices can be.....
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:27 AM   #43
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
You are aware everything you are suggesting totally throws the table spacing, table #s, dealer choice of freedom to display options, dealer's personal location choices (some need plugs, some don't aka THE WALL) totally out the window.

The dealer room is our bread and butter. It's what everyone is the most hyped about for TFcon. The dealers themselves CHOOSE these set ups. They want table in the front, stuff in the back, the booth thing, they set it up like they please.

Hell my set up was SHIT PUSHED BACK, bins and ME in the front. Everyone has their own choice and freedom. Happy dealers, happy attendees, happy con.

As for space for lack of space, again we are PUSHED TO THE LIMIT of how many dealers we can pack in. We want people to have options, not just one guy selling G1 or the only dude with the latest Generations. The more dealers, the more choices, the better prices can be.....
guess some people like their dealer room to look like the one at Botcon 2013.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #44
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
guess some people like their dealer room to look like the one at Botcon 2013.
Every photo I have of Botcon 2013's dealer room is vast emptiness.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #45
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post

I don't think anyone was complaining about the lack of space, I don't know where anyone is complaining about that. I actually thought the dealers room attendance was low because it didn't seem at all busy to me when I was in there Saturday and Sunday. We were able to bring in Windblade and her wings took up half the hallway (Then again most might of showed up in the early admissions and left right after instead of hanging around)

I think it was more if you got dealer with two dealers beside him that have huge frickin' banners and backdrops and fancy lights or music, when a attendee is walking by of course they are going to miss the dealer sandwiched between the bigger more prominant ones. That is the only compliant I've seen concerning the Dealers room space. Also they have this thing called extension cords. They are magical and come in various sizes and can be taped to the floor. I find it strange that the hotel doesn't provide those at request and for free if you ask. Then again Toronto hotels might be different then St. Catharines ones.

Sure the dealers room is a big draw, but should we really say it's the most popular area? I'd figure the programming and guest lineup would be a bigger draw to an event if anything. Like anyone could buy stuff online or in a store if they need it, or buy it from someone here but can it isn't every day you can do some panels and discussion with people all over the place who enjoy the same stuff as you, or participate in a community celebration of something your passionate about. Not every day you can dress up and flash that nerd pride sign. Yanno.

Last edited by Knockout; 07-18-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #46
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I'm pretty sure the biggest draw for most cons would be the dealer room, for most people.
I had a great time. I sold a bunch and spent a whole lot more haha but not as much as last year. I can't think of any real complaints other than the bar running out of fries and nachos. One complaint I have is was my own fault, I messed up on the concert time and missed the whole Damn thing. Really wanted to see them perform.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 07-18-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #47
RageD
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
I don't think anyone was complaining about the lack of space, I don't know where anyone is complaining about that. I actually thought the dealers room attendance was low because it didn't seem at all busy to me when I was in there Saturday and Sunday. We were able to bring in Windblade and her wings took up half the hallway (Then again most might of showed up in the early admissions and left right after instead of hanging around)

I think it was more if you got dealer with two dealers beside him that have huge frickin' banners and backdrops and fancy lights or music, when a attendee is walking by of course they are going to miss the dealer sandwiched between the bigger more prominant ones. That is the only compliant I've seen concerning the Dealers room space. Also they have this thing called extension cords. They are magical and come in various sizes and can be taped to the floor. I find it strange that the hotel doesn't provide those at request and for free if you ask. Then again Toronto hotels might be different then St. Catharines ones.

Sure the dealers room is a big draw, but should we really say it's the most popular area? I'd figure the programming and guest lineup would be a bigger draw to an event if anything. Like anyone could buy stuff online or in a store if they need it, or buy it from someone here but can it isn't every day you can do some panels and discussion with people all over the place who enjoy the same stuff as you, or participate in a community celebration of something your passionate about. Not every day you can dress up and flash that nerd pride sign. Yanno.

So your solution to what you claim is a messy dealer room is to tape magical electrical cords all over the floor?

That just seems.....messy. Not to mention potentially hazardous if they come loose and people aren't watching where they are walking.

I attend a lot of trade shows and conferences as part of my business and I see nothing different than what tfcon is doing.

Last edited by RageD; 07-18-2014 at 04:12 PM.
RageD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #48
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

If it was a problem before, I am sure people would stop doing it. And no. I'm saying for areas that need power and have smaller tables it is an idea. There is ways to place the cords that they wouldn't be a travesty. Though I don't know why a small table would need power in the first place. And if it needed power that badly and didn't have a big display maybe find other ways to get power, gotta get creative

Old 07-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #49
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I think the biggest draw will vary by person. At my first TFCON it was the toys, then it shifted to the exclusives, then the custom class and now it's meeting up with old friends and making new ones.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #50
Big Filipino
Protectobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I think the biggest draw will vary by person. At my first TFCON it was the toys, then it shifted to the exclusives, then the custom class and now it's meeting up with old friends and making new ones.
QFT, although I still love the toys.

Last edited by Big Filipino; 07-18-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote