Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior
TRU availability checking & Online ordering, shipping discussion for TRU.ca & TRU.com

The sightings thread is bogged down with talk about these two topics and has been for a week or two, so why don't we move it over here.

A couple of things from my experiences:

-asking TRU employees to enter SKUs and project availability dates returns widely varying answers/results, and thus what any one store/employee says unfortunately can't really be taken as 'true' or 'accurate'. So for example, for MP Soundwave, we have seen several different members go in asking about when he will be in stores and we have had several different answers. So in short, it can be very difficult to get a clear projection from asking in-store, so take anything they say with a grain of salt.

For TRU shipping, I warn anyone re: shipping from the US that if a package is shipping using any method other than USPS (i.e. UPS, FedEx), you will likely be in for many headaches, and huge 'brokerage' fees that go far beyond actual duty and tax fees, especially if your item value is listed as over $30-50, and is not checked as gift. Anyone who has been through this knows that it is VERY unwise to order an item from the US that will be shipping with anything other than USPS (where the worst you can face is a small duty fee and taxes).

Let's keep the discussion going, and keep the sightings thread for sightings!
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
SOUNDBLAST3R
Decepticon
Re: TRU availability checking & Online ordering, shipping discussion for TRU.ca & TRU

I heard today the Soundwave MP was sighted at the TRU in BC. Great news!

Any chance online orders will be available for him soon? I didn't see any mentioning on the tru website :/
SOUNDBLAST3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
Tarantulas
Tripredacus Council Agent
Re: TRU availability checking & Online ordering, shipping discussion for TRU.ca & TRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNDBLAST3R View Post
I heard today the Soundwave MP was sighted at the TRU in BC. Great news!

Any chance online orders will be available for him soon? I didn't see any mentioning on the tru website :/
Pre-order sold out yesterday on the TRU.ca site.
Tarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

I got one pre-ordered in the nick of time.
Nazarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
SOUNDBLAST3R
Decepticon

does this mean the end of any online ordering from canadian tru until actual release date?

I think somebody mentioned Dec 31
Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNDBLAST3R View Post

does this mean the end of any online ordering from canadian tru until actual release date?

I think somebody mentioned Dec 31
Not at all necessarily.

TRU are notoriously disorganized with their online stock system.

Even with everyday releases, anyone who's frequented their site over the years has seen how sporadic their listing tendencies are. And that is for instock, not pre-orders, which tru.ca doesn't normally do.

So they may have just thrown him online yesterday and then closed it once ordering craze messed up their system...

...which could mean that they will list again, could also mean that they 'accidentally' took 3x as many preorders as stock they had to give out with that listing.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
SOUNDBLAST3R
Decepticon
Thumbs up Re: TRU availability checking & Online ordering, shipping discussion for TRU.ca & TRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
Not at all necessarily.

TRU are notoriously disorganized with their online stock system.

Even with everyday releases, anyone who's frequented their site over the years has seen how sporadic their listing tendencies are. And that is for instock, not pre-orders, which tru.ca doesn't normally do.

So they may have just thrown him online yesterday and then closed it once ordering craze messed up their system...

...which could mean that they will list again, could also mean that they 'accidentally' took 3x as many preorders as stock they had to give out with that listing.
Well that's an incredible relief, haha!
It happened to be the few days I was away that he must've popped up on the website. This was especially disheartening because I had been checking tru.ca regularly too, and then saw everybody gleefully stating how they got their pre order out.

Thanks for resparking hope into this spark, Paradigm
Old 08-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....uctId=20083776

Pre orders are back up.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
SOUNDBLAST3R
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post

waiting for Soundwave

EDIT:
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=20083786

it says no Paypal ordering, but if you carry on to the final steps of checkout, you can select and proceed with Paypal.
GLITCH?

Last edited by SOUNDBLAST3R; 08-07-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
wedge1021
Energon

I ordered a $30 in-stock item along with my Acid Storm pre-order, to take advantage of the free shipping. The in-stock item arrived today, via courier (Purolator). It was in the usual TRU shipping method - thrown in a box 4x the thickness of the toy, so that there is lots of space for all that extra protective air they like to include for packing material. Box condition was fine though, since Purolator tends to take better care of their packages than Canada Post. Hopefully the same holds true for everyone's MP's when they ship.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote