Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-02-2019, 02:01 AM   #751
alternatorfan
g1 baby
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Reviving this thread because it is so apt for what just happened. I had a POTP repugnus mint/sealed in box on Kijiji for $30. Someone said they would pick him later in the week. I get a text saying they would be on their way. And then another text asking for a lower price.

Firstly, if someone has questions about the price, I would much preffer it being up front, before they agree to come pick up the item. But whatever, I said it was my lowest. They then tell me Walmart sells Repugnus for cheaper, to which I said the toy was not available in stores.

To which I got a reply saying that if it was not sold in stores, then how could I possibly have gotten it.

I have no patience for this kind of crap.
You should of asked him politely if he was retarded??
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:09 AM   #752
79transam
Machine War

Now it's 50 bucks. Every 10 minutes hes late it goes up 5 bucks
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:24 PM   #753
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
You should of asked him politely if he was retarded??
Since it was through texts, I figured there may be some confusion so as not to waste more time, I gave him a call. He never answered even though he had just texted me. Whatever, thanks guys for letting me vent my frustration
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:56 PM   #754
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Had a deal like that, the guy left as I was coming by. Had to help mom find the figure.
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #755
FreightTrain
Generation 1

With the advent of email, and now with texting, proper communication between individuals is now an art form. Unless you know the person, any communication between two individuals is a struggle. And it not unique to Kijiji.

Although the school system does teach it, they pass the kids through the system regardless of whether they can do it correctly or not.

There's my old Guy Rant...
Old 03-03-2019, 09:47 PM   #756
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I have a friend that kept on dealing with Kijiji (non TF related) and what I've seen is that he has meltdown over the people all the time, but in some cases, he's just as bad.

I've had good and bad myself... where many try to cheat you by trying to pay next to nothing (everyone wants everything for free or cheap) including showing up at the door with 5/10$ less than the price discussed... and it really sucks and puts you in an awkward situation.

Me, I've been 100% honest and if I'm unable to go or delayed, I will let the person know and reschedule if needed...

I've never showed up without the agreed amount, and many sellers ended up lowering their prices at their door (and I even argued that I wanted to give them the full amount, sometimes even more if I believe that they undersold the item)... that's just the way I am and hope that others will be with me, even though it only happens now and then.

So it's give and take when it come to stuff like this. But it's also why anything outside from eBay or similar which as protection and refunds, I tend to be extremely difficult with it comes to buy something that I can't simply go pick up in person... Too many horror stories out there, hard to trust anyone.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 03-03-2019 at 09:50 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #757
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Reviving this thread because it is so apt for what just happened. I had a POTP repugnus mint/sealed in box on Kijiji for $30. Someone said they would pick him later in the week. I get a text saying they would be on their way. And then another text asking for a lower price.

Firstly, if someone has questions about the price, I would much preffer it being up front, before they agree to come pick up the item. But whatever, I said it was my lowest. They then tell me Walmart sells Repugnus for cheaper, to which I said the toy was not available in stores.

To which I got a reply saying that if it was not sold in stores, then how could I possibly have gotten it.

I have no patience for this kind of crap.
I think for those of us that have sold anything on Kijiji, we feel the same pain & frustration, but on the positive I've met some really good people on there, some I have kept in touch with in regards to this hobby.

I've had to tell Parents whom have good intentions and want to buy a particular Transformer for their kid that they should wait until the kid is older 'cause they are too young most likely will break the toy.

I buy some stuff on Kijiji and sell some stuff so would like positive Karma all around.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote