Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-08-2016, 12:51 AM   #1
metacooler
Dinobot
Takara Tomy Mall MP exclusives

I was wondering with the release of MP Clampdown and MP Ramjet as Takara Tomy Mall exclusives, are they really released in limited quantities? There seems to be a lot of listings for them and the bots or boxes are not numbered(my Clampdowns are not). It is cool to think that I have a MP that is limited to only 2000 pieces, I just don`t know if I believe it.
metacooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #2
JohnathanKong
Generation 2
Re: Takara Tomy Mall MP exclusives

I just recently bought this, http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/07/28/t...ncement-298846, from Chimungmung. He still had quite a few left. It was limited to 2000 as well, but I didn't have any problems getting him a couple of months after his release. I'm concerned about Ramjet though because he seems to be a hot item. Maybe Tundercracker isn't a desirable transformer? I have the Hasbro version and I think the Takara one was well worth it.
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:15 PM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I don't think that Thundercracker is less desirable but more to the fact he has 3 official releases where as Ramjet this would be the first one and making him more sought after
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:34 PM   #4
Ozrein
Stunticon

These releases are only limited to 2000 within Japan. There appears to be a more general release (of unknown quantity) through Hasbro Asia, which is where most NA retailers get their stock.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #5
metacooler
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
These releases are only limited to 2000 within Japan. There appears to be a more general release (of unknown quantity) through Hasbro Asia, which is where most NA retailers get their stock.
Thanks for the info. So the limited is really just "limited". Clampdown is not special and Ramjet will be easier to get than I thought. Good to know.
metacooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:22 AM   #6
CanBot
Cybertron

Ramjet has been more elusive to find than Thundercracker, I can tell you that much. I've got mine on pre-order through BBTS, but I'd like to go with someone else.

I'm thinking the only reason that Thundercracker is around is that enough fans got the Hasbro version and are ok with that, rather than stomach the downright absurd price of 200 USD for his (or Skywarp). I don't see there being too much clamouring for Ramjet at that price, either.