Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Brawn, Shuttle TF:TM 86

There was a debate on TFW2005 concerning the Shuttle after the Decepticons abandoned it after their cover was blown, that if Brawn has survived after getting shot in the shoulder by Megatron in gun mode during the attack. I'd like to think that Brawn even if he did survived, the Decepticons would have finished him off right there and then if noticed or they could have used him to make the Autobots surrender (Ultra Magnus wouldn't let one of his fellow Autobots getting killed in front of him). Also, could have played dead, even though, his chances would have been very slim for him to survive the crash, wherever it crashed (water or land), he would have been too injured to be able to get the Shuttle under control versus his 4 million year stasis when the Ark crashed in the volcano, Brawn wasn't injured at the time and Prime (as seen is trying everything he can to get the Ark under control, and I am pretty sure other Autobots and Decepticons helped).

What do you think?
Old 11-22-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
Protoman
The Legend
Cool Re: Brawn, Shuttle TF:TM 86

He got shot right in the "heart"

I love Brawn but he is dead. If not for his whole back torso exploding from the shot from a gun mode Megatron, then the shuttle going up in flames and crashing when it reached Autobot City.

Any "cameo" he makes in Season 3 is due to AKOM being a goddamn mess with characters (one moment he is fighting on the Decepticon side)

The only argument I can give (and it's REACHING) is his tech spec

Outside of Optimus Prime himself. the only Autobots with an ENDURANCE of 9 is Ironhide and Brawn from the 1984.

Ironhide took multiple shots to the chest (Starscream's null rays, Constructicon blasters and finally Starscream switches over back to Megatron in gun mode to blast some more).

After all that, he was still somewhat moving. One would assume Brawn with that ONE blast to the chest would be able to handle it.

Also Brawn was shot by Megatron during the show and got up from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIK0aasdeO0 (Jump to 52 seconds)

Anyhow the real answer?

Hasbro needed some toys dead for new toys.

I love Brawn but "He's dead jim". It's called Warf Effect in fiction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brawn.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	31159  
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:59 PM   #3
Pascal
Banned
Re: Brawn, Shuttle TF:TM 86

Transformers' "heart" is located right in the middle of the chest, not on the left like humans. He survived.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:50 AM   #4
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

I stand by my original theory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Actually, Brawn's fate post-shuttle attack went something like this (in the jjwan-verse):

After feigning death from a mere shot to the shoulder Brawn rolled out of the hole in the shuttle and landed hard on the slopes of Lookout Mountain. The impact disconnected his memory circuits so he watched with indifference as the Decepticons attacked Autobot City. As he watched the fateful fight between Optimus and Megatron from afar he was bored ("You call that fight? More like upright sex with fists and laser swords!" he scoffed to no one) so he wistfully wandered into the forests. There he lived off molten lava and the occasional lost hiker that he'd eat whole ("I love messy burritos!" he'd retort to no one in the woods).

Eventually word spread of an amnesiac Transformer that prowled the woods for lava and lost hikers so people from the nearby town gathered their laser rifles and proton pitchforks and chased down Brawn who laughed off their efforts as a sorry-ass surprise party ("Not my birthday you dumb mostly bags of water!!!") so he boarded the next rocket bound for space.

While astride the rocket, chewing on his last person-burrito and chugging his flask of still warm lava, Haley's Comet struck Brawn in the head and he was sent cartwheeling through space. His tumble was eventually stopped by the ass of Unicron who was in the middle of attacking Cybertron. Recognizing his home world and the peril it was in, Brawn located the planet eater's genitals and punched and kicked them repeatedly. It was the combination of Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime opening the Matrix whilst Brawn kicked the shit out of Unicron's nads that defeated the Universal Dominator.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
optimusb39
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
I stand by my original theory:
I like it. Especially the human burritos part
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote