Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-15-2024, 09:37 PM   #3511
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
What's wild is, reading on tfw, people are apparently desperate for an origins bee reissue...

That's just FOMO, or after market regret setting in. They probably forget all the complaints about price and size when he was first released. I mean he is barely bigger than a core class figure with minor extra accessories, yet they wanted deluxe pricing for him.

If this line has any legs long term then it will probably get a re-release. However there is no guarantee of that happening.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 09:39 PM   #3512
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
What's wild is, reading on tfw, people are apparently desperate for an origins bee reissue...
Really? Haven't seen that, but like any figure right now, thank to the crap distribution and numbers, lots of figures that are abundant in one area, end up never showing up in others...

So many examples of this that a list would be massive and cover probably half of all figures released in the last 4 years (maybe up to 6 years or more).

I know that I didn't trust the distribution myself and ordered one a couple of months (on eBay and paying the fomo tax) before it finally showed up at TrU. Ended up grabbing an extra in case (thanks to the clear plastic), then another when it went on liquidation.

Joke's on me (and all of us)... The yellow of the plastic has changes so much that it no longer match the paint and is now as bad as Sunstreaker.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-15-2024 at 09:50 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 09:40 PM   #3513
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

This makes me think of getting my Origins Bee, then exchanging him because he was missing bits from his alt. mode, and then getting a price adjustment on the second one because the previous exchange renewed the timing so that my purchase qualified.

Jazz appeared immediately at discounted pricing, oddly enough. Then it became the standard pricing when the clearance/sale tag vanished but the cost remained the same.

Curious how boxy Jacky will turn out.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:34 AM   #3514
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
They probably forget all the complaints about price and size when he was first released. I mean he is barely bigger than a core class figure with minor extra accessories, yet they wanted deluxe pricing for him
Ya I refused to pay full price for him when he launched, I waited quite a while to eventually find a table moving him for thirty bucks @ TFCon
And ofc TRU later on clearanced him for way less, natch

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Joke's on me (and all of us)... The yellow of the plastic has changes so much that it no longer match the paint and is now as bad as Sunstreaker
*gets nervous cause mine's packed away and I haven't seen it in a while*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
Jazz appeared immediately at discounted pricing, oddly enough. Then it became the standard pricing when the clearance/sale tag vanished but the cost remained the same
What!? I've already got him (looked good enough I wasn't gonna wait for a sale), but I never seen Origins Jazz for less than the $35-ish MSRP - I should really get out to TRU more often
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 01:16 PM   #3515
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Ya I refused to pay full price for him when he launched, I waited quite a while to eventually find a table moving him for thirty bucks @ TFCon
And ofc TRU later on clearanced him for way less, natch

*gets nervous cause mine's packed away and I haven't seen it in a while*

What!? I've already got him (looked good enough I wasn't gonna wait for a sale), but I never seen Origins Jazz for less than the $35-ish MSRP - I should really get out to TRU more often
I got Origins Jazz for $25. Toysrus had it on sale twice if I recall.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 02:42 PM   #3516
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
I got Origins Jazz for $25. Toysrus had it on sale twice if I recall.
Yeah, the first time I saw Jazz after work he and blue Bluestreak (Silverstreak?) were both on sale. I picked them both up at the same time and have the receipt still tucked into their boxes at home, but I distinctly remember them both being discounted.

I may be mis-remembering a permanent discount or confusing it with another figure though. Red Cog got a permanent price slash to the discounted price for him when he didn't move units for the longest time IIRC.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 02:57 PM   #3517
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Count me in as someone else who snagged Jazz on sale. I remember thinking it was strange that he was already on sale when he had only been out for a short time.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:07 PM   #3518
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Really? Haven't seen that, but like any figure right now, thank to the crap distribution and numbers, lots of figures that are abundant in one area, end up never showing up in others...

Its not a lot of people, just a couple that dont want to pay after market. The same small amount also want a reissue of legacy kickback
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 09:42 AM   #3519
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

*checks old posts*

So Dec 16 we saw leaders up to 79.99

Check this out? Evo Blitzwing is now 84.99
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../349ECAEC.html
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 10:35 AM   #3520
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
*checks old posts*

So Dec 16 we saw leaders up to 79.99

Check this out? Evo Blitzwing is now 84.99
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../349ECAEC.html
Grimlock as well so 100% the new Toysrus Leader Class pricing is 84.99. Well long as I have my 15% Edge discount, Gamestop is my spot to preorder anything I need and pick up the occassional random.

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../14EC082C.html
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote