Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 06-27-2015, 04:47 AM   #1
Gumby
Beasty
All things TFCon U.S.A. 2015

There really wasn't a thread for this so figured I'd start one. Anyone planning on going to the show this year? I'm thinking of going but it depends on the guests.

Usually the flyer is a good indicator and this years has Rodimus so maybe Judd Nelson or Dick Gautier? (Unless they are being reeeeeally sly and it's Frank Welker- one can dream, right? lol)
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #2
Chaddicus
Mini-Con
Re: All things TFCon U.S.A. 2015

I'm attending, I'm in the states, and I would love some updated info for what's on the docket
Chaddicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I was going to go. Got my hotel room booked and everything. But now, after how terrible BotCon was, I'm having second thoughts. Missing time off work. 13 hour drive. Traveling across country. All just to hang out with friends and maybe a special guest or two. I can do that here, for cheaper, and not get fired. Not to mention the Loonie is doing absolutely piss poor right now. Unless it skyrockets over the next 3 months, why bother?

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 07-02-2015 at 09:40 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:49 PM   #4
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I was going to go. Got my hotel room booked and everything. But now, after how terrible BotCon was, I'm having second thoughts. Missing time off work. 13 hour drive. Traveling across country. All just to hang out with friends and maybe a special guest or two. I can do that here, for cheaper, and not get fired. Not to mention the Loonie is doing absolutely piss poor right now. Unless it skyrockets over the next 3 months, why bother?
Valid arguments, and in your position, I would probably choose to stay as well. But what happened at BotCon? Other than the news that came out of this con, I never really heard much about logistics or anything of that nature.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:14 PM   #5
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I went last year and it was a great show but to be honest nothing beats TF Con Toronto.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:28 PM   #6
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Valid arguments, and in your position, I would probably choose to stay as well. But what happened at BotCon? Other than the news that came out of this con, I never really heard much about logistics or anything of that nature.
It was the worst BotCon I've ever been to. And I've been going ever since 2007, minus 2013 and 2014.

An abysmal set of exclusives. Heck, I can't even sell the extra ones I have at cost a week after the convention! It's unheard of! Even the crappiest sets like Wings of Honor and G2 Redux had SOME resale value after the show.

The hotel was a shithole. Just Googling it's name would have told FunPub exactly how bad this place was by the poor reviews it got. It stunk. It had ants. Barely anywhere to eat within walking distance. And the place was laid out like a maze.

The convention was run as terribly as ever. Panels delayed until they were already half over. Some outright cancelled. Totally disorganized. Seems like they didn't plan anything until 5 minutes before. If that.

And it seems like FunPub is just doing whatever they want now. They obviously don't give a flying piss about what the fans want. They just want to do the figures they want to do: GI Joes(Old Snake, Marissa Faireborn, Only Human Arcee and Rodimus), Shattered Glass, and the odd TF or two they have a hard on for and keep making new versions of(Breakdown, Spinister, SG Ricochet/Stepper, SG Optimus Prime). All while milking every hard earned cent out of the fans that they can.

I'm seriously considering not going to a single BotCon ever again. It's not worth it for me anymore. I'd rather just buy the odd decent figure like Packrat through a middleman. And if I want to go to a convention in the US, I'll try something else like SDCC, RTX, PAX, or E3.

While of course, TFCON is run infinitely better than BotCon, it lacks any real incentive to travel that far for it. If I could have afforded to go last year, I probably would have gone to the Chicago one. Apparently that was leagues better than this year's BotCon. But without any official support from Hasbro, it's draw is limited.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 07-02-2015 at 11:43 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote