Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 05-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
Gumby
Beasty
Question About Cullen Ticket

We're buying a ticket for someone and wondering: Since it will be our name on the billing info etc, will they have a problem getting into the show because the name isn't the same? Is there a spot to fill out whose name should appear on the badge/pass etc?
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: Question About Cullen Ticket

I doubt that should be a problem. You still have to register when you show up, at least that's what my understanding was. My situation is somewhat similar in that my wife bought my pass as an early anniversary gift. The purchase has her name on it, but obviously I'm the one attending the con. I'm not the least bit worried.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:26 PM   #3
Gumby
Beasty

Thanks Chigimus!
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I have done this in previous years not for cullen but for regular admission andyes you can have a different name on your receipt but once you register the ticket becomes non transferable.not everyone has a credit card that attends these shows so some people do get the other people to buy their tickets for them

Last edited by Masta_Skidz; 05-06-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #5
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

The name of the person that is registered for the Peter Cullen ticket should be the person that is using the ticket. You would need to register the person separately than yourself if you are booking for someone else. You should email the convention if this is not the case as they will need to line up.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #6
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

I didn't know you could change names on the tickets.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:19 PM   #7
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
The name of the person that is registered for the Peter Cullen ticket should be the person that is using the ticket. You would need to register the person separately than yourself if you are booking for someone else. You should email the convention if this is not the case as they will need to line up.

Wait a sec.... I was under the impression that everyone had to still visit a registration desk of some sort to trade in their ticket for a wristband and/or lanyard or some sort, and that THIS would end up being the registered name. Are you saying if the name on the ticket issued by Eventbrite which reads "Order #. Ordered by <whoever> on <date>..." is a different name than the actual attendee, then we have to e-mail the con to change the name on the ticket in order to be properly registered?
Old 05-07-2015, 07:49 PM   #8
Super_Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Wait a sec.... I was under the impression that everyone had to still visit a registration desk of some sort to trade in their ticket for a wristband and/or lanyard or some sort, and that THIS would end up being the registered name. Are you saying if the name on the ticket issued by Eventbrite which reads "Order #. Ordered by <whoever> on <date>..." is a different name than the actual attendee, then we have to e-mail the con to change the name on the ticket in order to be properly registered?
The Peter Cullen ticket is different, when the time comes to meet him you will need to go through a secondary registration area to ensure that only ticket holders are entering the room. All the details will be sent out to ticket holders prior to the convention.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #9
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
The Peter Cullen ticket is different, when the time comes to meet him you will need to go through a secondary registration area to ensure that only ticket holders are entering the room. All the details will be sent out to ticket holders prior to the convention.
...So in my case, are you suggesting that I should wait until my wife receives those details first, and then determine if the name on the ticket has to be changed to my name afterwards?
Old 05-07-2015, 09:02 PM   #10
Super_Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
...So in my case, are you suggesting that I should wait until my wife receives those details first, and then determine if the name on the ticket has to be changed to my name afterwards?
I suggest if you have specific questions, to email the convention directly with your particulars.