Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 06-26-2015, 06:44 PM   #11
Stormrave
Machine War
Re: TFCon Stories

I've been going to TFCon since 2006. Let's see:

2006 - Meeting Michael McConnohie in the foyer and hanging out talking to him while we all waited to go to the airport.

200? - I don't know when my intent to share some pizza became a big con thing, but we did the Pizza Party on the first night for a few years out of the Doubletree (this is before we had a place like Quest that would put on a con-friendly menu)

2008(?)- Filling an army bag with Masterpiece toys for myself and Phalanx, going up to the room, dropping the bag, and back to the dealer room to buy more

2012 - Drinking blue Kool Aid in the Quest Bar, singing the TF:TM soundtrack

2014 - Being approached by people who'd seen some of my fan stuff online and wanted to say hi...I didn't know them then, but I do now

2015 - ????
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #12
Beechy
The Veteran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
"come on kid"

Or "Have you ever seen the sunrise?"
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:00 PM   #13
Beechy
The Veteran.

also, 2008 was a good year....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcMx...283A9B6B3E1029
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:33 PM   #14
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Headmaster units at my room.

A little inside joke. I guess the first time I wore my fez to a con, I always thought it was well known as 'tarboosh', but I'm fine with fez.

Last edited by FEZaid; 06-26-2015 at 11:35 PM.
FEZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:38 PM   #15
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Best story of TFCon was in 2012 where I had lunch with Wally Burr and had a lengthy discussion about directing for theatre. Later on was having dinner and drinks with Scott McNeil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:30 AM   #16
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
yes!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
"come on kid"
this made me lolz!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
Headmaster units at my room.

A little inside joke. I guess the first time I wore my fez to a con, I always thought it was well known as 'tarboosh', but I'm fine with fez.
lolz.....yeah....that was me and Andrew

I lost track of what year was what as I've been going since 08 but this is some of it....
  • meeting new friends across the country
  • getting a freebie tf cup at my first tfcon from zuffyprime(I still have it cj
  • getting smashed after hours at the bar at the old double tree on the patio
  • getting smashed to the point of having buddies drop me face down in my hotel room and running away before wifey noticed lolz
  • missing 2012 because of extreme family reasons,yet still having friends who took the time to have scott mcniel sign stuff for me and brought it back for me(sniff...sniff... you guys know who you are)
  • putting faces to a lot of user names,though a lot have dropped off or changed over the years,most are still the same fun loving guys
there's lots more but these come to mind right away....
tfcon....where friendships and memories are made...along with fullfilling the plastic crack addiction lolz
Old 06-27-2015, 05:28 AM   #17
Gumby
Beasty

I'm was late to the party and found out about TFCon in 2011.

2011: Was not able to attend due to work but my girlfriend at the time went in my place to get me autographs from Paul Eiding and Garry Chalk.

2012: Where my G1 cast/crew piece began-and it's all because of Neil Ross! I have the 8x10s I get signed custom made and needed something for Wally Burr and Bob Budiansky so, had an 80's promo shot I'd found printed out.
Neil signed his 8x10 and sees the G1 shot- "Hey, can I sign that?". A neat piece with 3 sigs, I thought nothing of it at the time but soon it dawned on me that I could add to it and it quickly became the project it is today. (Wish I knew what I was getting into then though because I would have reproduced the old F.H.E. promo poster instead.)

2013: Jack Angel and Dick Gautier add to the piece. Dick and his wife are joyfully taken back with the custom 8x10- a beautiful black and white shot of him at a mic in his younger days that they hadn't seen before. I'm also apparently the only person at the show to talk to him about his art.

2014: Gregg Berger adds to the piece. While it's understandable, shame Sue Blu cancelled. I'm sure I'd be the only person there getting Friday the 13th merch signed by her.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:45 AM   #18
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Dinner on Saturday with Guber, Ninjatron, Benzo, Tony & Villimus Prime - and fitting us all in Tony's car to drive to the restaurant was an experience unto itself
This was a great time. The post Swiss Chalet party was a bit of a tradition for me for a couple years and we'll have to do it again because it's one of the few places I know I can actually eat at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrave View Post
2012 - Drinking blue Kool Aid in the Quest Bar, singing the TF:TM soundtrack
The blue Kool Aid is legendary. On the second night, the batch we got tasted terrible as it propably was missing the sugar, but it was still a fun time anyway.

My all time favorite memory is probably the 2010 script reading with David Kaye. Leading up to the show, I was working as a teacher at an an art studio for a summer camp. The kids I was working with were really young, and there are plenty of funny stories about them too, so the time was especially memorable. I was drawing the script reading prelude comic at the same time, making for a lot of late nights and busy days, but very fulfilling as an artist. Drawing in the Animated style and navigating all of its tricks and turns was an adventure in and of itself. We only had half of the story finalized when I started and due to circumstances, had to change on the fly, so I suggested what the ending should be. Seeing it performed live with David Kaye doing a million voices was one of the best moments of my live, and before the performance he was really complementary on the artwork. I really poured my heart and soul into the comic, and it's my favorite out of all the ones I drew.

Thanks to Vangelus, we can all live that moment again! https://youtu.be/soiAmx_-7l8

Other great moments:

Winning TransGeneration trivia in 2007 and 2008, and then my team winning the first ever Faction Fued in 2009. The level of competition has increased since then, but will this degree of dominance ever be seen again? I think not! In all seriousness, it was a lot of fun just to play, and my winning even somehow got me interviewed by the Associated Press, which is weird and cool that they'd want to talk to me.

Hanging out in the bar with Scott McNeil in the bar at 3am Monday morning, singing Bohemian Rhapsody with Guber and the gang. I think we outlasted him.

In 2013, Transformers Prime had its final episode air in the US that weekend, but of course no one at the convention had seen it. I managed to "acquire" a copy and watching it then and there was pretty special. Some other folks wanted to watch it the next night, and I didn't mind because it was really that good.

But this, right here, is the WORST TFcon story of all time!

https://youtu.be/2J9j2AdMvqA

Sayonara.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:12 AM   #19
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I'm sure I'd be the only person there getting Friday the 13th merch signed by her.
ya clearly haven't met Cheers Ian
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote